X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class L Boys CIAC Tournament

Have at it .....

Just looking at the L rankings and see Daniel Hand in there at #4 .... shouldn't they be bumped up to LL for winning 3 straight L championships?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just looking at the L rankings and see Daniel Hand in there at #4 .... shouldn't they be bumped up to LL for winning 3 straight L championships?
      You make a great point.
      E.O. Smith was bumped up to LL for being successful.
      E.O. Smith has a smaller boys enrollment then Daniel Hand.
      I think they should be moved up.

Comment

Class L State Tournament

The CIAC rules state that only schools with "open enrollment" and that have had recent success will be moved up a division. EO Smith got bumped up because they are a school with open enrollment because they have a VoAg program. Meaning students from outside towns can enroll in the school. Daniel Hand, despite its recent success, does not qualify to be moved up because it is not an open enrollment school.

Comment

The CIAC rules state that only schools with "open enrollment" and that have had recent success will be moved up a division. EO Smith got bumped up because they are a school with open enrollment because they have a VoAg program. Meaning students from outside towns can enroll in the school. Daniel Hand, despite its recent success, does not qualify to be moved up because it is not an open enrollment school.
          Interesting. I didn't know that. Explains why StJ and IHS get moved up and down all the time for girls.

Comment

The success factor is not for all schools? Is this why Suffield girls got bumped a few years ago after all the brackets got put out incorrectly for L and LL?

Comment

Daniel Hand is a well coached team with some very talented players. They have always been a good team but their quality and style of play has really improved over the past two seasons under their new coach. They are really great to watch if your a soccer fan. However, they are nursing quite a few injuries so it will be interesting to see if they can make another run at the title.

Comment

I watched the SCC Final game. Daniel Hand is a quality team. They were really unfortunate to have a legitimate goal taken back for offsides. Nevertheless it was a fantastic game played by two very good teams. Great job!!

Comment

I watched the SCC Final game. Daniel Hand is a quality team. They were really unfortunate to have a legitimate goal taken back for offsides. Nevertheless it was a fantastic game played by two very good teams. Great job!!
                  Offside.

Comment

Rankings in L are a joke.

Comment

Rankings in L are a joke.
                      Because they’re handled completely different than LL, M and S?

Comment

Because they’re handled completely different than LL, M and S?
                        because teams in tough conferences with LL and L schools get ranked low. While teams that dont play anyone all year are rewarded with the top seeds.

I dont see this disparity in LL.

I have no idea what the situation is in M or S but i bet it is the same as L

Comment

because teams in tough conferences with LL and L schools get ranked low. While teams that dont play anyone all year are rewarded with the top seeds.

Relax. Those are tech schools and in the true spirit of a single-elimination tournament, any team can take care of their business and win it all. Does it matter that you play team X in 2nd round or 4th round? Plus, the tech schools get bounced in the first round every year anyway. LL no different in that weak conference champs get high seeds and then get trounced by FCIAC teams (girls) or CCC teams (boys) that have a much lower winning percentage.

Comment

if they're better teams then they'll be fine. If they get knocked off early by teams from lower conferences then maybe they just weren't that good to begin with

Comment

Most of the Tech schools have already been bounced. Platt still in it but plays JBHS next. JBHS boys squeaked by their first round in PKs against a closely matched Windsor. Somehow Wilton squeezes in to L (girls are in LL) which could be interesting. Bunnell still in it for the first time in forever.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X