Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men's Soccer

What is the status of men's soccer in Oregon. U of P and OSU both suck. Between the two of the them they regularly play two Oregon kids, beyond that mostly international players, both programs over all are around 500.

If we are going to suck at least do it with Oregon kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      JC Coaches and their AD's have't got wind of your theory. They must offer athletic scholarships regardless. Hundreds of JC's outside of our state don't honor the Oregon Promise, it's doubtful Oregon promise covers out of state kids (recruits). Athletic aid can cover housing, tuition and books. JC's can give a full ride athletic scholarship to a kid below 2.5 gpa. All the athletic aid monies are going to be spent at Oregon JC's. You're not going to get a tax return kicker with the Oregon Promise in place. But it's a great deal all round.
      What coaches/ADs don’t know about Oregon Promise? What theory are you talking about? I posted facts. My son received a sports scholarship in addition to the Oregon Promise, which helped with books, extra fees, housing. I never said sports scholarships for community college require a certain GPA. I stated there is free tuition program available for the first two years in Oregon if you meet the requirements. I never said it applies out of state and never said it applies to out of state kids playing in Oregon.

Why would you need a tax credits if it’s all paid for with the Oregon promise and a sports scholarship?

You sound like you are complaining about out of state kids coming to Oregon to play. If so, sorry for your situation. My post was to help in-state kids playing locally at community colleges know about resources available to them.

Comment

What coaches/ADs don’t know about Oregon Promise? What theory are you talking about? I posted facts. My son received a sports scholarship in addition to the Oregon Promise, which helped with books, extra fees, housing. I never said sports scholarships for community college require a certain GPA. I stated there is free tuition program available for the first two years in Oregon if you meet the requirements. I never said it applies out of state and never said it applies to out of state kids playing in Oregon.

Why would you need a tax credits if it’s all paid for with the Oregon promise and a sports scholarship?

You sound like you are complaining about out of state kids coming to Oregon to play. If so, sorry for your situation. My post was to help in-state kids playing locally at community colleges know about resources available to them.
        Can't help you, I promise.

There is a reason your kid is at a jc.

It starts at home.

Comment

It starts at home.
          Don’t need your help. There is a reason he played community college. It was his choice. My daughter is playing D1 with a great scholarship. Both made choices that i fully support. They both are succeeding beyond high school in sports and academics.

How are your kids doing?

My post was to help others know about opportunities available to them. What’s the point of your post?

Comment

Don’t need your help. There is a reason he played community college. It was his choice. My daughter is playing D1 with a great scholarship. Both made choices that i fully support. They both are succeeding beyond high school in sports and academics.

How are your kids doing?

My post was to help others know about opportunities available to them. What’s the point of your post?
            Good for you and your’s, hope your son finds a good fit after JC. Great example to the rest of the parents. Your son has a goal and is working on it; he obviously loves the game and is getting good support.

Comment

It starts at home.
              Wow lame response to a someone that was trying to help. What exactly did the poster say that made you lash out? Lol dude you have issues.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X