Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No. You should be careful to read posts in their context.

Also, sorry to break your heart, but many players chose to not play academy. If you think Seacoast, for example, has all of the best players you are sadly mistaken. And the players who don't play are playing club and High School. The teams referenced earlier are examples. Central and Bedford boys high school had many previous academy players. And it was their choice not to play. And the NH GPS U17 team that won the national title would beat many academy teams. Certainly either the 19 or 17 Seacoast team. And before you jump to the keyboard, my son plays for Seacoast. The bottom line point is that NH does indeed have a lot of talent in the high school ranks.
    Hard to read “won u17 nationals” out of context when you do not reference the league. My kids played in some of the top leagues in the country but I always reference the league they play in when referring to national tournaments. Of course some teams in each league could beat some teams in other leagues.

Comment

Hard to read “won u17 nationals” out of context when you do not reference the league. My kids played in some of the top leagues in the country but I always reference the league they play in when referring to national tournaments. Of course some teams in each league could beat some teams in other leagues.
      Correct - NPL? ODP? ENPL? NIRSA? USYS? USCS?

EXACLTY... I was at a tournament in NJ a few years ago that claimed it was the "National Championships" for ENPL... it was not even sanctioned and the host club just used the claim even though there was NO affiliation with ENPL. They claim to be a "national championships" to draw teams in and take the club $$$

ANY U17 national champion out of NH would get destroyed by any U17 team out of NEFC! #facts

Comment

Who says it was last year! They lost in the finals last year, lost in semi's the year before to the eventual champs and won the year before. Sorry to burst your bubble. At least 5 teams from NH went to nationals and while none made it out of group stage, almost all games were good.
        OMG - teams made it to group stage!!!! WOW... oh wait that's the first round... never mind.

Comment

How does any of this have anything to do with HS?

Comment

I like Bedford and Exeter not sure Central will be that strong. They lost a number of key players.
            BG and Londonderry girls should be right in the mix with Bedford and Exeter. Central will beat up most of D1 but agree they may struggle with the top teams.

Comment

BG and Londonderry girls should be right in the mix with Bedford and Exeter. Central will beat up most of D1 but agree they may struggle with the top teams.
              BG is still a little unproven from last season to put them in the same category of Bedford, Londonderry, Exeter, and Central.

Comment

How does any of this have anything to do with HS?
                Do you know that they changed the TS laws and now you are allowed to go backwards thru pages to figure out the relevance of replies? The one's you are questioning are relevant to NH boys high school soccer. Girls soccer is the other thread.

Comment

OMG - teams made it to group stage!!!! WOW... oh wait that's the first round... never mind.
                  Way to sh1t on young kids who worked hard and played well at the national level. You must be a great dad.

Comment

Do you know that they changed the TS laws and now you are allowed to go backwards thru pages to figure out the relevance of replies? The one's you are questioning are relevant to NH boys high school soccer. Girls soccer is the other thread.
                    No reason to be a dlnk.

The back and forth about Club Nationals doesn’t relate to HS season predictions. So I asked.

Comment

No reason to be a dlnk.

The back and forth about Club Nationals doesn’t relate to HS season predictions. So I asked.
                      Yup - agreed.

Back on point: DI boys will be pretty open this year IMO... any of the top 6 teams could win it. Concord could be the surprise team in DI to take the title this year. Pinkerton will be back and I for one am curious what Exeter will do with a new coach.

DII: ConVal was a little bit of a surprise last year but don’t be surprised if they win another title this year. Lebanon and Coe-Brown will be down this year but I like Hollis Brookline as a sleeper pick. Bow boys will be back in the mix too.

DIII & DIV are wide open with their wacky schedules where they can’t play everyone - But Belmont and Hopkinton in DIII will be good and Gilford could return to glory too.

Comment

No question MA has stronger soccer at both the club and HS level. I coached HS and club in NC for years and my club team typically had 3 or 4 scholarship athletes and we were a middle of the pack club program. My HS team came to CT for a preseason jamboree with some of my kids being recruited by CT colleges and we Blanked the CT schools. NH is what it is. Small
                        State, small pool of players, but in itself it does provide competitive soccer. That’s why NH clubs struggle when they get out of NH
                        You blanked South Kent out of CT? I call BS. State your team.

Comment

When did anyone say South Kent? read the response he posted..

Comment

I coached at High Point Central - we had a pretty strong soccer tradition - feel free to research it! My final year coaching HS was 2008. Coached from 1994 - 2008.

Comment

I coached at High Point Central - we had a pretty strong soccer tradition - feel free to research it! My final year coaching HS was 2008. Coached from 1994 - 2008.
                              You coached 10 years ago in NC. Here's what you wrote to somehow qualify your opinion about NH soccer vs. Mass.:

'No question MA has stronger soccer at both the club and HS level. I coached HS and club in NC for years and my club team typically had 3 or 4 scholarship athletes and we were a middle of the pack club program. My HS team came to CT for a preseason jamboree with some of my kids being recruited by CT colleges and we Blanked the CT schools.'

Tell us again why you have any credibility as far as judging NE soccer today? Playing in 1 weekend tournament? And not for the past 10 years? What was your teams record while you were coach?

Comment

You coached 10 years ago in NC. Here's what you wrote to somehow qualify your opinion about NH soccer vs. Mass.:

'No question MA has stronger soccer at both the club and HS level. I coached HS and club in NC for years and my club team typically had 3 or 4 scholarship athletes and we were a middle of the pack club program. My HS team came to CT for a preseason jamboree with some of my kids being recruited by CT colleges and we Blanked the CT schools.'

Tell us again why you have any credibility as far as judging NE soccer today? Playing in 1 weekend tournament? And not for the past 10 years? What was your teams record while you were coach?
                                Ok you want the resume - here you go - I played HS soccer in VA and went on to play NCAA DII soccer in GA on scholarship and was a college assistant at College of Charleston while I earned my masters. I then went on to assist the men's program at Slippery Rock University. I then took a job in High Point NC, and took the HS varsity for 14 years, club soccer for 18, and currently work for one of the largest soccer scouting and recruiting services on the east coast. I work over 30 exposure clinics per year and I evaluate thousands of players from NE to PA. I hold a C license and talk routinely with clubs and colleges. I have plenty of soccer expertise and know my soccer. You can drop the challenges now...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X