X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2658198]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Meant to say - "Each year can be more or less than 4 but it wont be 14 in any given year"
    that is correct. It could even be zero depending on what the coach has already handed out to his other players. I'm hearing of a few more boys programs requiring performance freshman year before you get any money. Maybe it's a good idea from a play-for-pay standpoint but it may put some players off. I don't trust coaches generally until I get to know them. They can promise you the moon.

Comment

I'm not the poster and never said that. You are correct that plenty of schools like Marist get mostly ECNL and GDA players (before it was ECNL and NPL, EDP etc. GDA's entrance into the market is just pushing out the lower leagues from consideration for many programs). However, a patch on the sleeve is no guarantee of quality. An decent enough ECNL player from an ok ECNL club is not the same caliber as an ECNL player from a top club with a few NT call ups. You can't lump them all in together, there's a lot of "range".
      I think the point is that it's not really reasonable to knock WCFC just because a majority of their ECNL U19 players are ending up at the likes of Marist, Fairfield, etc. instead of Duke, UNC, Florida, Stanford, etc. As noted before, the ECNL U19 team is mostly made up of leftover 01 NPL players and 02 players who couldn't make their ECNL U18 team (which at least has those players going to Rutgers).

Comment

You're making them 400 full rides - many, in fact most, will not be. Almost no one gets a full ride. Most players will get some range of a partial athletic grant, possibly combined with merit (which the school decides on) and financial assistance (if they family's income qualifies them). That makes the whatever 4 scholarships per team per year completely inaccurate.
        It actually doesn't ... I qualified my original statement with average per year ..... on average, every year, each fully funded D1 school offers a grand total of 3.5 full, athletic scholarships to recruits. They can be split in infinite ways, but a common break down would be that 2 top player will likely get about 75% each and at least 2 more players will get another 50% each. That is 2.5 scholarships gone with 1 full remaining to be split between 4-6 more players who will get between 10-25% each.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X