Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How long have you lived in Medford?
    As long as you've lived in Ludlow

Comment

As long as you've lived in Ludlow
      I live in a rival GBL town, actually!

Interesting to read the game report 10 years later. I remember Ludlow jumping all over Medford in the first half, the incredible free kick goal right before halftime, and the crossbar. I also remember Ludlow alums lining the fences in their old state title jackets. Fun game and great atmosphere.

Alex - can you dig up the articles from the SJS teams that won back-to-back titles in 2001/2002?

Comment

I can't believe TD from that Medford team didn't play D1 soccer somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
          If anyone has a request for an article or game write up, let me know and I can try to find it. I'm finding articles that go all the way back to 1982.
          There was a story line that followed the Ludlow v New Bedford final 3 years ago that was compelling. Something about a player at Ludlow getting the win for his dad who played 30 years before in a state final against news Bedford as well. Great story but I haven't been able to find it in print.

Comment

I can dig up and see what I can find.

Comment

How about something from the early 90's Weymouth title teams

Comment

Sorry guys. I went to cancel my subscription before they charged my credit card, however once I cancelled it went back to basic membership, meaning there was just a paragraph tease.

If you go to High Beam Research, you would be able to do it, just put your credit or debit card info in, but make sure you cancel before the 7 day trial period is up.

Before I had cancelled, I did search for 15 minutes on the SJS title teams from 10 years ago, however was unable to find anything. Sorry.

Comment

I will keep working on it and see what I can find. I'm sure there are other sites out there as well that have newpaper article archives.

Comment

bump

good EMass soccer history here.

Unfortunately highbeam is no longer is service.
                    Last edited by AlexFilides; 11-19-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I can't believe TD from that Medford team didn't play D1 soccer somewhere.
                      Different game. I know players who never made the conference HS All Star team who started on D1 college teams.

Comment

Politics and coach favoritisms determine who gets accolades rarely do all others who deserve the same get any and having a friend who is a sports reporter helps greatly with undeserving accolades and puff pieces.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X