Clear All

DA is doo doo

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      DA is doo doo
      Wrong thread.

Comment

I guess I just have a hard time understanding why a league name change is so upsetting to so many people. And it seems like it's mostly people who don't have kids playing in that league. My kid doesn't play in ECNL Regional. I could care less what the name of my kid's league is, let alone a league that she doesn't play in.
        You're having an easy time babbling. No one's upset. And it's been posted numerous times who's annoyed by it and why. JD is no dummy, smart to sell the ECNL brand out to parents of rec players eager to drink up the koolaid.

Comment

You're having an easy time babbling. No one's upset. And it's been posted numerous times who's annoyed by it and why. JD is no dummy, smart to sell the ECNL brand out to parents of rec players eager to drink up the koolaid.
          So ECNLR and, therefore, NPL players are rec players now? Your kid must be a star for you to think so little of everyone else...

Comment

So ECNLR and, therefore, NPL players are rec players now? Your kid must be a star for you to think so little of everyone else...
            The point continues to escape you.

Comment

So ECNL clubs in the Northeast should pay NPL to do exactly what they are already doing anyway (scheduling games with each other, website management, administrative work)? What other benefit was NE NPL providing for those "customers"?

Does ECNL get the benefit of expanding their brand? Of course. But to pay another business to do what you already do, for the same exact "clients" (only NE ECNL teams participated in that league) would seem counterproductive.
              They really weren't even NPL because they only played other ECNL clubs, not other NPL clubs. NPL gave them a platform for their B teams, just like R is now. It's not like NPL has a lot of prestige these days anyway. Of course it made good business sense.

Comment

The point continues to escape you.
                New to this thread, but honestly, I am having trouble following your point.
                His point seems to be that for the players/parents NE NPL is still the EXACT same league, just with a new name and new destination for playoffs.

Your point seems to be that you recognize the value of ECNL, but want to stay with your current club. Therefore JD is a greedy exclusionary jerk for not letting your club into ECNL.

Comment

If 20 girls on A(ECNL) and then 20 on B(ECNL) and so forth so then the C & D teams comprise Regional players 41-80 correct? Not top tier teams.

Comment

If 20 girls on A(ECNL) and then 20 on B(ECNL) and so forth so then the C & D teams comprise Regional players 41-80 correct? Not top tier teams.
                    Doesn't it matter how they do against the teams in their league? Last year, the Stars' NE NPL teams were all the 3rd or "C" team. I believe they placed at the top of almost every age group in NE NPL North. PDA (also their 3rd team) did the same in the south.

If the "B" team at Scorpions is below both Stars "C and D" teams in the league standings, are they still more "top tier"?

Comment

Doesn't it matter how they do against the teams in their league? Last year, the Stars' NE NPL teams were all the 3rd or "C" team. I believe they placed at the top of almost every age group in NE NPL North. PDA (also their 3rd team) did the same in the south.

If the "B" team at Scorpions is below both Stars "C and D" teams in the league standings, are they still more "top tier"?
                      The B team on Scorpions is awful and would be at the bottom of either NEP NPL and probably the NEP Premiership.

Comment

Why opt for a C or D team? What is the draw? Years ago when the Regional team was Northeast NPL that was the B team.

Comment

The B team on Scorpions is awful and would be at the bottom of either NEP NPL and probably the NEP Premiership.
                          OK... just looking at U14 as an example. Both PDA and Stars regional league teams (C and D teams) are above the "B" teams from:
                          FC Delco
                          Scorpions
                          FSA
                          Maryland United
                          CFC
                          FC Bucks
                          Bethesda
                          SUSA

Looks like players 41-80 at PDA and Stars might be better than 18-40 at many other clubs.

Comment

And NEFC’s NPL team (2nd team) competes and and often beats ECNL A teams. But that doesn’t stop people from denigrating the league. Perhaps they should rename it DA regional, cause I’m sure that would not be mocked by the ECNL sycophants /s>

Comment

And NEFC’s NPL team (2nd team) competes and and often beats ECNL A teams. But that doesn’t stop people from denigrating the league. Perhaps they should rename it DA regional, cause I’m sure that would not be mocked by the ECNL sycophants /s>

Well in reality, to mirror what Stars did, NEFC would just label their NPL team, DA White. It would be their NPL B bracket teams that became DA Regional. 😉

Comment

Well in reality, to mirror what Stars did, NEFC would just label their NPL team, DA White. It would be their NPL B bracket teams that became DA Regional. 😉
                                NEFC already has 3 U14 teams that are called NPL. One was 0-8 with a -34 goal differential.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X