Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA not qualifying for WC is just the beginning of the worse to come...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA not qualifying for WC is just the beginning of the worse to come...

All these NEW rules,ideas..
    Examples;

-As now U12 and younger are Not allowed to do headers.. If you do a header your team will have a free kick against...REALLY!! (What is going to be the result in next 5 TO 10 yrs....NOT GOOD)

-The misinformation and misunderstanding of playing out of the back.. (Drawing a line for players NOT to cross)
    Eventually the kids will get confused because they were allow to play with out pressure offensively and defensively.

-The idea of U8 and younger to DEMAND them to pass the ball... (I want my players to dribble the ball at that age Not to pass it..I want them to discover what can they do with the ball,eventually when they are 12 that's when we can start working on sequence pass..

-Plyers NOT allow to pass a direct ball to offense on the air...Golie and Defenders won't develop a vision and technique to pass from distance and attacking players won't be able to resolve those game situations when it happens.

-Drawing a line by the goal for players NOT allow to cross either to defend or score.
    Who ever came up (US SOCCER) with these CONCEPTS to try to get a better Player Development.....Good luck in the next yrs to come.
    Most of USA Clubs (Pamper and spoiled the little ones because they afraid to loose them. Everything is GOOD JOB even if they do the same mistake 20 times instead of making CORRECTIONS..

We all are part of the problem if we are working with Youth in USA and NOT doing anything to HELP the YOUTH DEVELOPMENT for better results.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Examples;

-As now U12 and younger are Not allowed to do headers.. If you do a header your team will have a free kick against...REALLY!! (What is going to be the result in next 5 TO 10 yrs....NOT GOOD)

-The misinformation and misunderstanding of playing out of the back.. (Drawing a line for players NOT to cross)
    Eventually the kids will get confused because they were allow to play with out pressure offensively and defensively.

-The idea of U8 and younger to DEMAND them to pass the ball... (I want my players to dribble the ball at that age Not to pass it..I want them to discover what can they do with the ball,eventually when they are 12 that's when we can start working on sequence pass..

-Plyers NOT allow to pass a direct ball to offense on the air...Golie and Defenders won't develop a vision and technique to pass from distance and attacking players won't be able to resolve those game situations when it happens.

-Drawing a line by the goal for players NOT allow to cross either to defend or score.
    Who ever came up (US SOCCER) with these CONCEPTS to try to get a better Player Development.....Good luck in the next yrs to come.
    Most of USA Clubs (Pamper and spoiled the little ones because they afraid to loose them. Everything is GOOD JOB even if they do the same mistake 20 times instead of making CORRECTIONS..

We all are part of the problem if we are working with Youth in USA and NOT doing anything to HELP the YOUTH DEVELOPMENT for better results.
    This is so stupid on so many levels that it simply does not deserve a response.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3DzwbT4oF52JG/giphy.gif

Comment

Examples;

Bra you are right. Sad to to agree with you but I know what you are talking about. Kids are too soft.

Comment

Examples;

When are U8 and younger even encouraged to pass the ball? Are you seriously equating a pass on a goal kick being sent to the backs behind the build out line instead of just being kicked as far as you can downfield in a general direction as being a DEMAND on players to pass the ball? How did Goal Kicks work when you played? Did the Goal Keeper just hand the ball to a player? Did he just kick the ball all the way down the field and yell "Go Chase!!!"

Seriously, WTH are you talking about?

Comment

DA/GDA = Robots
          Boring, boring, robots.

The exciting teams that are also the winning teams are creative with exceptional technical and tactical skills. DA is all about size, speed, strength and it shows in the results.

Comment

You forgot one on your list.

If you want to simulate the real grown-up game, then you need to include "trying to win".

I know this is real controversial, but developing and identifying kids who are good under the pressure to win isn't a bad idea either.

Or at least emphasizing winning earlier than we do. I concede that with little kids, striving for wins hurts the feelings of the losing team and we don't want to do crush their spirit. But once they move beyond the stage where we're not worrying about the emotional damage, what's wrong with telling kids that a desire to win (the right way) is a bad thing?

Geez, I've seen coaches talk about their tournament loss in such a positive manner that I think they were genuinely thrilled that their team got killed. "Our kids executed flawlessly during that shutout!" What???

For that matter, have you ever wondered if we are having a harder time identifying natural talent because there is no urgency to win? How can you select kids for Olympic Development when you might have kids who are being overlooked because the coach doesn't want to focus on winning right now?

Comment

Don't forget the age change we all had tone unnecessarily had to go through

Comment

Holy Moly, what a bunch of b*tches.

Yeah guys, your kids suck because USSF changed the birth years, took away headers for younger children and is making the youngest age groups play small sided games and play the ball out of the back.

Sheesh. You people are nuts. Go find a bridge and jump.

Comment

Holy Moly, what a bunch of b*tches.

Yeah guys, your kids suck because USSF changed the birth years, took away headers for younger children and is making the youngest age groups play small sided games and play the ball out of the back.

Sheesh. You people are nuts. Go find a bridge and jump.
                  It would be one thing if USSF knew what the F it's doing and making progress. But, they don't, and they're not. Hard to take them seriously, good rules or bad

Comment

It would be one thing if USSF knew what the F it's doing and making progress. But, they don't, and they're not. Hard to take them seriously, good rules or bad
                    Yeah, keep telling yourself that. It's not you who are wrong. It's everyone else.

Maybe you should just accept that the problem is not USSF because they do have experts on staff and the US is making progress (see the U-17 and U-20 teams or all the US kids being signed to overseas clubs these days) but you still don't have a clue. And it's not the rules of the game, perhaps your kid simply isn't good enough. Sorry helicopter dad. Maybe your next child will be better.

Comment

You forgot one on your list.

If you want to simulate the real grown-up game, then you need to include "trying to win".

I know this is real controversial, but developing and identifying kids who are good under the pressure to win isn't a bad idea either.

Or at least emphasizing winning earlier than we do. I concede that with little kids, striving for wins hurts the feelings of the losing team and we don't want to do crush their spirit. But once they move beyond the stage where we're not worrying about the emotional damage, what's wrong with telling kids that a desire to win (the right way) is a bad thing?

Geez, I've seen coaches talk about their tournament loss in such a positive manner that I think they were genuinely thrilled that their team got killed. "Our kids executed flawlessly during that shutout!" What???

For that matter, have you ever wondered if we are having a harder time identifying natural talent because there is no urgency to win? How can you select kids for Olympic Development when you might have kids who are being overlooked because the coach doesn't want to focus on winning right now?
                      No coach sends out his team to lose games. In the other hand, youth coaches are paid to develop players, NOT to win games with children. We have to identify what is more important: to win, or to be successful; and what leads to winning. You tell kids to go out and win the game, they don`t know how to do it. They have to learn a lot before that instruction is meaningful for them in any way. Talking about a win or a loss is meaningless without the kids understanding what they have to do on the field to be successful. A good youth coach focuses on that, not on the outcome. The outcome becomes important when the kids already know how to play.

Comment

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. It's not you who are wrong. It's everyone else.

Maybe you should just accept that the problem is not USSF because they do have experts on staff and the US is making progress (see the U-17 and U-20 teams or all the US kids being signed to overseas clubs these days) but you still don't have a clue. And it's not the rules of the game, perhaps your kid simply isn't good enough. Sorry helicopter dad. Maybe your next child will be better.
                        Another guy who thinks he knows USSF, yes u-17 and u-20 have done well but as for the whole country it has failed. No I’m not a dad.

Comment

Everyone always says lets do it more like the European countries. USSF is trying to stream line that effort and all anyone can do is b#$%h. Birth year, small sided games, Build from the back, The only thing we are missing now is relegation if that could happen then you would see every USL team with a DA and every MLS team with a Residential program. Pay to play should not exist at the DA level. the only reason it is not free for all is because your clubs are greedy and don't put the money they take in back into the club.

Comment

Spot on. That's my take on it as well. USSF has been a disaster since day 1. If USSF was serious about making American soccer better it would push to have its best players overseas in any of the leagues over there where they would be exposed to serious competition and hopefully improve. Instead USSF focuses on MLS and its DA program - both because they generate money for the people in charge. Its just a business, and revenue, not quality of product, is what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Coach View Post
                              No coach sends out his team to lose games. In the other hand, youth coaches are paid to develop players, NOT to win games with children. We have to identify what is more important: to win, or to be successful; and what leads to winning. You tell kids to go out and win the game, they don`t know how to do it. They have to learn a lot before that instruction is meaningful for them in any way. Talking about a win or a loss is meaningless without the kids understanding what they have to do on the field to be successful. A good youth coach focuses on that, not on the outcome. The outcome becomes important when the kids already know how to play.
                              Then why do they call you "Coach" instead of "Trainer"? Aren't you supposed to Coach them toward a win?

And I disagree that they need to learn a lot before the instruction is meaningful, or they can use it. Learning should be iterative. They learn a skill, and then put it to use in a game and learn to be competitive with that new skill. After they are competitive with that skill, you teach them another skill, and the process repeats. If they aren't winning with their new skills, then they don't understand it well enough and need to work on it more until they do. And as they play, the skills that you're not focusing on continue to grow.

The games should be their laboratory to learn to WIN with the skills they've learned. Because that's ultimately what the skills are for. Skills are taught to the kids so they can use those skills to help them win. So why not emphasize that?

In my experience, when kids are winning, they are very motivated to learn new skills because winning feels good and they want to keep experiencing that feeling. If kids are losing, they lose motivation. They play soccer to have fun. If it's not fun, it's just work. 1000 touches to a motivated kid are more beneficial than 1000 touches to an unmotivated kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X