Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OSU went to the sweet sixteen and was starting to be a consistent tourney team before those players got into trouble. It was a turning poiint for program.
    OSU went to the sweet 16 and was starting to be a consistent tourney team before those players got into trouble.

Portland is terrible right now.

Do you see the difference?

I want to keep the players from a good team and want to get rid of the players from a bad team.

Comment

OSU went to the sweet 16 and was starting to be a consistent tourney team before those players got into trouble.

Portland is terrible right now.

Do you see the difference?

I want to keep the players from a good team and want to get rid of the players from a bad team.
      Yes i do see the difference, but i am afraid i'm missing your point. It was said Linus is a bad coach and OSU was never good. To wit I responded actually he had things going well before he had to let players go and re-build. Hopefully things will get back to the old ways and they will once again be a tourney team.

What is the point you are trying to make?

Comment

Yes i do see the difference, but i am afraid i'm missing your point. It was said Linus is a bad coach and OSU was never good. To wit I responded actually he had things going well before he had to let players go and re-build. Hopefully things will get back to the old ways and they will once again be a tourney team.

Read my comments closely.

I didn't say Linus was a bad coach. I said he is a bad recruiter. OSU slide began before those players left. The good years he had were due to players and recruits from another coach. Just look at his record. His last two seasons are not much different than the two seasons before those players left.

My point is I don't think Portland loses much if they got rid of some current players and recruits.

My other point is OSU is not good not because Linus had to clean house one year, but he is just not a good recruiter. Just talk to some of the players going to OSU or are already there. Obviously cleaning house made the situation worse.

Comment

Take a look at the committed players and maybe you will have a better understanding.

With players committing so early now there are plenty of transfer players every year.

This is not American football, you only need a few players.

OSU sucked before those players got in trouble (and others quit) It is not like they were good and then they were bad. OSU sucks and Linus has never been a good recruiter that is why he is not getting the top players.
          Oh, so you play arm chair soccer recruit analyst. You know the girls that are committed and how good or bad they are? You are either just full of sh!t or a complete stalker. I suspect a lot of both.

Comment

Read my comments closely.

I didn't say Linus was a bad coach. I said he is a bad recruiter. OSU slide began before those players left. The good years he had were due to players and recruits from another coach. Just look at his record. His last two seasons are not much different than the two seasons before those players left.

My point is I don't think Portland loses much if they got rid of some current players and recruits.

My other point is OSU is not good not because Linus had to clean house one year, but he is just not a good recruiter. Just talk to some of the players going to OSU or are already there. Obviously cleaning house made the situation worse.
            Yea I think you are off on this.

Comment

Again, someone who doesn't understand D1 soccer. Girls commit so early and classes fill so early. So a girl who is going to UP isn't going to have a lot of options to go elsewhere if this is their junior year that they are de-committing. Unless she decides to go to a lessor conference or a lower division. So the 2018 class won't change a bit with a new coach. 2019 class won't either unless some girl wants to change to say Seattle U for no money. The first class the coach will have a lot of say over is the 2020 class.
              If the new coach is not sold on the 2018 class, reduce their money so he/she has more to play with for the younger recruits. The 2018’s will be at the coach’s mercy because all the other slots will be full. Rescinding is drastic but maybe you do it and save the money for younger classes. Why tie money up with kids you don’t want.

Comment

If the new coach is not sold on the 2018 class, reduce their money so he/she has more to play with for the younger recruits. The 2018’s will be at the coach’s mercy because all the other slots will be full. Rescinding is drastic but maybe you do it and save the money for younger classes. Why tie money up with kids you don’t want.
                Just look at the turnaround at USD. New coach came in and cut offers and brought in their recruits. Girls who were promised money got their books paid, girls who were promised were gaurunteed a walk on spot

Nothing is a binding contract until Feb of senior year (NLI)

Comment

Just look at the turnaround at USD. New coach came in and cut offers and brought in their recruits. Girls who were promised money got their books paid, girls who were promised were gaurunteed a walk on spot

Nothing is a binding contract until Feb of senior year (NLI)
                  All verbals, last poster think he knows recruiting know nothing putting other down. Likely because his dd has a scholarship. As a new coach, I would hope, it’s negotiated that the first two years are clean out years.

Honestly reduce scholarships of existing players and try to get transfers.
                  Portland’s 2018 and 2019 recruits can be replaced. There are lots of good soccer players out there. Smith was lazy in his recruiting.

Comment

Do you know any players committed to OSU?

Comment

All verbals, last poster think he knows recruiting know nothing putting other down. Likely because his dd has a scholarship. As a new coach, I would hope, it’s negotiated that the first two years are clean out years.

Honestly reduce scholarships of existing players and try to get transfers.
                      Portland’s 2018 and 2019 recruits can be replaced. There are lots of good soccer players out there. Smith was lazy in his recruiting.
                      Not putting anyone down. If Smith gets fired and you currently have a verbal then don't be surprised if they don't honor it

Comment

Good bye Garrett. As clueless of a coach as there is.

Comment

Not putting anyone down. If Smith gets fired and you currently have a verbal then don't be surprised if they don't honor it
                          The new coach may honor the verbals but could lower the amount based on a te evaluation.
                          This is what I suspect.

Coach needs to tell the kids all starting positions are open for competition and awards for freshman’s and sophomores will be incentive based. Kids will transfer. That money can be used to bring in other transfers.

Parents of pilots better be worried. Change is coming.

Comment

The new coach may honor the verbals but could lower the amount based on a te evaluation.
                            This is what I suspect.

Coach needs to tell the kids all starting positions are open for competition and awards for freshman’s and sophomores will be incentive based. Kids will transfer. That money can be used to bring in other transfers.

portland wins.

Comment

This is what I suspect.

Parents of pilots should rejoice.

Comment

Parents of pilots should rejoice.
                                Do his existing player like him? Noticed he only played 3 subs in the Gonzaga game. Clearly wanted to win rather than develop ll of his players in a meaningless game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X