Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club coach

It is extremely entertaining that the coach of Natick publicly abuses HS soccer. Why would he continue to coach HS if he is such a big club coach. Pot calling the kettle black, sir.

His tweets are nonstop. If it's the stars DA coach your talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It is extremely entertaining that the coach of Natick publicly abuses HS soccer. Why would he continue to coach HS if he is such a big club coach. Pot calling the kettle black, sir.
      Sorry his team keeps beating your daughters. You continually post about the guy so why don't you fess up and tell us what it is he did to you? Or better yet why don't you email him or call him or go to him and talk to his face. Also, he is right about high school soccer in that 95% of it is kickball. Natick plays some of the nicest soccer in Ma. Thre are only three or four other teams that try to play a possessive type game. I don't know how Natick will do this year but it is a lot of fun to watch them play. Good luck to your team.

Comment

Sorry his team keeps beating your daughters. You continually post about the guy so why don't you fess up and tell us what it is he did to you? Or better yet why don't you email him or call him or go to him and talk to his face. Also, he is right about high school soccer in that 95% of it is kickball. Natick plays some of the nicest soccer in Ma. Thre are only three or four other teams that try to play a possessive type game. I don't know how Natick will do this year but it is a lot of fun to watch them play. Good luck to your team.
        Not the poster but it is pretty douchey to publicly berate HS soccer if you're actually coaching HS soccer. Doesn't matter if he's right or not, or his team plays good soccer or not.

Comment

Club coach

I am not the OP. Are you kidding me with this post? This guy is a front running coach that cannot develop talent. He walked into coach a Natick high team that was loaded with players. He coaches a DA team with ZERO talent that he has developed. Don't get me wrong he will do everything he can to recruit the top talent. He has no interest in developing talent......There are plenty of teams that play a possession style. Plenty of teams that do not. Get off your high horse. I watched a full season of a JB club team last year that encouraged kick and run soccer. He was too lazy to teach the right way. It's an absolute joke that he blasts high school when his own club team played the same way. Go ahead and try talking to him about it. He runs past parents like they are the plague.

Comment

I am not the OP. Are you kidding me with this post? This guy is a front running coach that cannot develop talent. He walked into coach a Natick high team that was loaded with players. He coaches a DA team with ZERO talent that he has developed. Don't get me wrong he will do everything he can to recruit the top talent. He has no interest in developing talent......There are plenty of teams that play a possession style. Plenty of teams that do not. Get off your high horse. I watched a full season of a JB club team last year that encouraged kick and run soccer. He was too lazy to teach the right way. It's an absolute joke that he blasts high school when his own club team played the same way. Go ahead and try talking to him about it. He runs past parents like they are the plague.
            And there we have it folks. A looney parent or coach. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Not the poster but it is pretty douchey to publicly berate HS soccer if you're actually coaching HS soccer. Doesn't matter if he's right or not, or his team plays good soccer or not.
              Your adjective is spot on.

Comment

I think you got that right. But the prior poster was correct in that he inherited a great program from a longtime coach that already played possession who got thrown out by crazy parents. The cream of the crop was last year's and this year's senior classes. They came close last year and are right in the mix this year. I'd bet a substantial sum that this will be his last year there.

Comment

Actually it's the opposite. He is advocating a better way of playing soccer that will serve players better in college and beyond. What's douchey is HS soccer and how it's played. He has his team play a better brand of soccer. That's the right thing to do. When the status quo is just terrible it takes brave coaches like him to advocate for change. What's also douchey is that more HS coaches DON"T advocate for this.

Comment

Actually it's the opposite. He is advocating a better way of playing soccer that will serve players better in college and beyond. What's douchey is HS soccer and how it's played. He has his team play a better brand of soccer. That's the right thing to do. When the status quo is just terrible it takes brave coaches like him to advocate for change. What's also douchey is that more HS coaches DON"T advocate for this.
                    Says the "Expert"

Comment

Signed - Natick Coach

Comment

Club coach

Lol. Hardly looney. How about a parent that sees it for what it is. We all know what high school soccer is, so why does he feel there is a need to bash it. If JB has such a problem with high school soccer why coach it? Why not go into a town program such as Natick and work on developing the kids instead of inheriting a team and then bitching about how terrible the Hs level is. Why are you sticking up for this guy? I have seen first hand his coaching on a kick and run team with stars. Are you ignoring this fact? It irritates me that he bashes HS and then does the same thing with his own club teams.

Comment

Club coach

Brave coach? No I would not call him a brave coach. He plays that brand of soccer because he has the talent. Period. Anyone can coach strong talent. Even you. Let's see how he does rebuilding the team next year. BUT he will probably be gone just like the talent.

Comment

Have you ever watched women's college soccer? There is nothing pretty about it. HS Soccer is a perfect precursor.

Comment

Have you ever watched women's college soccer? There is nothing pretty about it. HS Soccer is a perfect precursor.
                              You don't win in college, you don't have a job. Period.

Direct isn't pretty but with good D it certainly can beat possession.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X