X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys 04

Can this group get to 200,000?

Why isn't this group crazy like the 05's?

Let's fire up the group.

Predictions for this coming weekend? Who is the team to beat? Who is the doormat?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can this group get to 200,000?

Why isn't this group crazy like the 05's?

Let's fire up the group.

Predictions for this coming weekend? Who is the team to beat? Who is the doormat?
    I will take a stab.
    This group obviously isn't crazy like the '05's. The '05 boys are on pace to match the "F'd" up '01 girls from back in the day.

Top group would be Crossfire, Washington Timbers and Westside. I would probably give the nod to Vantucky as they have the best style but they are small. Crossfire is athletic all around and try to play and Westside is a great group of individuals that play very direct and smash you with athleticism.

Doormat would be Eastside. Feel bad for this group. They are coached well but just don't have the horses.

Comment

I will take a stab.
      This group obviously isn't crazy like the '05's. The '05 boys are on pace to match the "F'd" up '01 girls from back in the day.

Top group would be Crossfire, Washington Timbers and Westside. I would probably give the nod to Vantucky as they have the best style but they are small. Crossfire is athletic all around and try to play and Westside is a great group of individuals that play very direct and smash you with athleticism.

Doormat would be Eastside. Feel bad for this group. They are coached well but just don't have the horses.
      I can’t argue with any of this.

Comment

I will take a stab.

Generally right, except I cannot really tell how strong Westside is (DA was weak, OYSA was strong) or FC/NEU are (much better in spring).

Would rank roughly like this:

Crossfire, WA Timbers
        FC, Westside?
        BSC
        Capital
        Eastside

Comment

I will take a stab.

WashT has a dad coach so they won't be any good. Only reason his kid is on the team is because he's the coach. That should raise some huge red flags right there.

Comment

I think some of the comments on strength of squads rely too much on the performances of last season.
            What I've seen so far is that Washington Timbers are just a little better (despite the one detractor who has a hardon for the dad coach) than the three or four teams around them.

Washington didn't lose their best player to TA, although they did lose a very serviceable defender. They picked up a kid who plays in the center of the park and it's probably improved them. They look more physical now than last year and have continues to play technically pretty well. Current results are positive for this team.

Westside might be next best in this group. They have some gifted athletes. Don't necessarily play out of the back from what I've seen. They like Route 1, but have options in attack. It will be interesting to see how they progress over the year. I was interested to see how one of the big three from the State side would compare to the DA boys. They are good. They are not better.

Crossfire, FC, Capital. These three clubs are reasonably even in my view. Crossfire lost a very good player to TA and don't look like they have recovered. FC lost their goal scorer to TA, but unlike Crossfire, appear to have kept their stride. Capital is the surprise of this tier. They were inconsistent last year, lost a couple of players to TA and have assembled a pretty decent squad. They've beaten FC by a goal and tied Crossfire. These guys could make a run at both Westside who they will match up well against, and with Washington who I'd give the edge to on account of their new found grit.

BSC. Good club, good group of players, good coach. They might serve as the banana peel this year. Quality enough to beat teams who don't come to play.

Eastside. I can't say too much about this side because I've only seen one of their games. They are an honest side, usually try to play the right way, and I do like the coach. I just am not sure if they have the horses this year.

That's my two cents. I really hope we don't end up like the 05 board. Let's keep it classy in 04!

Comment

"Washington didn't lose their best player to TA, although they did lose a very serviceable defender". Serviceable? are you sure about this. I watch so many games both DA and non-DA past year, this boy is clearly one of the best defenders of this age group in the state.

Westside: agree. This team has lots of talents on the roster, if they play together as a unit, this will be the team to beat in the next couple year (if they stay intact).

Crossfire: They only lost their center back but he played important role for the team. they play direct boot ball most of the time, but they have size and fast

FC: show most improvement since the last month of last season. they lost one player but he is replaceable since the entire defend intact. they should be challenge for the top spot

Capital: don't know much about them but they do have lot of big kids. this will help much with full-size pitch

BSC. Good club, good group of players, good coach. They might serve as the banana peel this year. Quality enough to beat teams who don't come to play. agree

Eastside: rebuilding year again. lost two of their top players to TA. they have a very good coach, but his resources are limited.

Comment

My comment about Wash Timbers was that they didn't lose their best player. He is still there and I'm sure you will agree he is pretty good. I understated the defender they lost. He is good. He is playing full minutes at TA. I like the former Crossfire defender better and I like the kid from FC better.

Comment

My comment about Wash Timbers was that they didn't lose their best player. He is still there and I'm sure you will agree he is pretty good. I understated the defender they lost. He is good. He is playing full minutes at TA. I like the former Crossfire defender better and I like the kid from FC better.
                  They lost a quality defender but not their best player. There are three other players better than him right now on the roster. Vantucky also has the best '05 in the area.

Comment

Keep your 'Vantucky' and your other trailer trash talk back on the 05 page where you and it belong.
                    I think you can have a discussion, including a disagreement without going into the gutter like on the 05 page.

So basically, if you want to be a jerk...there are other pages that will gladly have you

Comment

Keep your 'Vantucky' and your other trailer trash talk back on the 05 page where you and it belong.
                      I think you can have a discussion, including a disagreement without going into the gutter like on the 05 page.

So basically, if you want to be a jerk...there are other pages that will gladly have you
                      What is this person above talking about? I combed all of the original posts and I couldn't find anything

Comment

Not the OP, but I do have an 05 who plays up. Sadly, you are correct about the 05 page is littered with comments like that. For what it's worth, rise above it as it is not true, or relevant. Washington TTC is appears to be a very healthy club in my opinion. There 04 and 05 DA teams are top of the group's. Harmony looks amazing and most clubs would kill to have 3 turf fields!

Comment

What is this person above talking about? I combed all of the original posts and I couldn't find anything
                          I've seen a few references to "Vantucky" on the 05 page, but that sort of remark is mainly a feature of the various girls' threads.

Comment

Vantucky really isn't the insult it may once have been. Many from the Couve have embraced the term and there are t-shirts and mugs emblazoned with it. My biggest question is what do they feed those boys? Seems like the boys teams always have really big players, don't know much about the girls side. Salmon creek 04 boys have a player who must be 6'1. Impressive!

Comment

Not the OP, but I do have an 05 who plays up. Sadly, you are correct about the 05 page is littered with comments like that. For what it's worth, rise above it as it is not true, or relevant. Washington TTC is appears to be a very healthy club in my opinion. There 04 and 05 DA teams are top of the group's. Harmony looks amazing and most clubs would kill to have 3 turf fields!
                              Why doesn't the Washington timbers OYSA team play premier? And I agree Harmony is looking good

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X