Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCUSA / NEFC merge

Looks like on-going discussions leading to a merge for 2018. Good move, or not?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If it's true (but not saying it is), it wouldn't exactly be a merge would it? I'd say more like an acquisition with FCUSA just becoming part of their South Shore region.

Comment

If it's true (but not saying it is), it wouldn't exactly be a merge would it? I'd say more like an acquisition with FCUSA just becoming part of their South Shore region.
      FCUSA is owned by a public owned company, unlikely they'll be merging, or selling up, to anyone.

Comment

FCUSA is owned by a public owned company, unlikely they'll be merging, or selling up, to anyone.
        And that publicly owned company is ultimately backed by a billion dollar hedge fund. Keep trying.

Comment

That maybe the issue.

FC USA is more like a franchise that you pay to wear the name and be part of their club.

Maybe they see a better opportunity to be part of NEFC/BBA then pay to be part of FC USA.

I think it would be just FC Coastal.

Comment

That maybe the issue.

FC USA is more like a franchise that you pay to wear the name and be part of their club.

Maybe they see a better opportunity to be part of NEFC/BBA then pay to be part of FC USA.

FCUSA is not a franchise.

Comment

"Merge?" Don't be dumb.

Comment

Is NEFC so desperate to chase GPS's scale that they'd be dumb enough to buy this marginal club?

Comment

That maybe the issue.

I can't really see PT joining another club. He is head technical director for the whole organization. I'm sure he's getting a nice check for that. Also PT doesn't work well with others. You think he would like to bring in people from NEFC to run the club? Only way possible for anything remotely to happen would be some coaches disgruntled from fcusa talking to NEFC about leaving and taking teams with them.

Also just a point NEFC can never be as big as GPS or fcusa. Major reason the two worlds in NEFC-New England
                  Can't really go much father than this region.

Comment

I can't really see PT joining another club. He is head technical director for the whole organization. I'm sure he's getting a nice check for that. Also PT doesn't work well with others. You think he would like to bring in people from NEFC to run the club? Only way possible for anything remotely to happen would be some coaches disgruntled from fcusa talking to NEFC about leaving and taking teams with them.

Also just a point NEFC can never be as big as GPS or fcusa. Major reason the two worlds in NEFC-New England
                    That's pretty naive.

GPS will always be MPS (Mass Premier Soccer) to me.

Comment

That’s some faulty logic given the circumstances. Do yourself a favor and spend a minute and 20 calories doing your research first. If one party is part of a multi-state structure that winds all the way up to a holding company that is publicly traded and backed by real money and the other is much smaller in size as a financial entity in which direction does an acquisition occur. More than likely this whole thread was created by a dufus troll that waiting for their Swanson turkey dinner to finish up heating in the microwave.

Comment

That’s some faulty logic given the circumstances. Do yourself a favor and spend a minute and 20 calories doing your research first. If one party is part of a multi-state structure that winds all the way up to a holding company that is publicly traded and backed by real money and the other is much smaller in size as a financial entity in which direction does an acquisition occur. More than likely this whole thread was created by a dufus troll that waiting for their Swanson turkey dinner to finish up heating in the microwave.
                        Sometimes the little guy wins...
                        I prefer the meatloaf

Comment

Sometimes the little guy wins...
                          I prefer the meatloaf
                          Hey, at least he only called you a doofus troll. Last time I crossed him he called me an "underemployed lawyer". That hurt.

Comment

Liverpool would be a better fit for NEFC. Declining numbers and the MA academy can not maintain Liverpools standards.

Comment

Noises are that FCUSA are hot on the trail of building their own facility, on the south shore. That might open up this kind of partnership.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X