Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gda

Hats off to the thorns for still not winning a game and getting destroyed up to this point.

U16/17 thorns team tied a u15 team from Utah though...

This reminds me of how cu and Fcp are doing in Ecnl.

Anyone with a brain would have told you this has happened for the past 15 years and yet people still feel that 10k a year or traveling means you are getting better....

And just like the cu and Fcp, thorns will have to recruit like mad to cover up the poor development.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hats off to the thorns for still not winning a game and getting destroyed up to this point.

Anyone with a brain would have told you this has happened for the past 15 years and yet people still feel that 10k a year or traveling means you are getting better....

And just like the cu and Fcp, thorns will have to recruit like mad to cover up the poor development.
    How many DA games have the U16/17 played?

Comment

a two goal loss, a tie, and two one goal losses. not a good record, but those scores aren't the worst. yes, everyone did see this coming, and it's why there needs to be only one "elite" team in oregon.

also, if you really want to be a good squad you'll always be recruiting. (which seems to be to be why the oregon soccer colleges suck, if you ask me.)

Comment

a two goal loss, a tie, and two one goal losses. not a good record, but those scores aren't the worst. yes, everyone did see this coming, and it's why there needs to be only one "elite" team in oregon.

also, if you really want to be a good squad you'll always be recruiting. (which seems to be to be why the oregon soccer colleges suck, if you ask me.)
        Check again

0-6 1-4

Comment

Wow ... you posted this AM ... did you wake up this angry?
          Hope this was therapeutic for you. You may want to seek professional
          Help before you hurt your self or someone else.

Comment

Right now they are saying "when do we play Burlingame "

Comment

How many DA games have the U16/17 played?
              How come when I look at schedules and results it shows they have only played 1 game

Comment

That is interesting because according to the DA soccer site, the Portland Thorns 16/17 team has only played in one game so far this season and they lost 2-3.

It is one loss... not the end of the world... there is still plenty of soccer left.

Having multiple options is good for players. Having one option (whether it is CU, FCP, or Thorns) would be awful for the players. If you think the clubs suck now, think about how bad they would be if one club had a monopoly and can do what they want.

Comment

The idea of forming a club team that could compete outside of Oregon is a lost art in Oregon, with the emergence of the millennial soccer coaches, if this happened (competitive club teams) us coaches would need to get full time jobs outside of soccer. Let's keep this model rolling it's paying dividends to our unemployed 20 and 30 somethings and their respective DOC's, schedulers, PDP/YDP directors, private trainers, camp & academy directors.... Who cares about the quality of teams. Geez. We have our ideas and philosophies that are priceless given our vast experience in the real world. Wait I need to send out a tweet, respond to an instagram photo, reply to snapchat, go live on periscope and catch up on my mms...BTW if I can have next week off to celebrate my BFF's 24th birthday, actually I'm taking it off and will not let you know until I return..Accountability is so old school..

Comment

The idea of forming a club team that could compete outside of Oregon is a lost art in Oregon, with the emergence of the millennial soccer coaches, if this happened (competitive club teams) us coaches would need to get full time jobs outside of soccer. Let's keep this model rolling it's paying dividends to our unemployed 20 and 30 somethings and their respective DOC's, schedulers, PDP/YDP directors, private trainers, camp & academy directors.... Who cares about the quality of teams. Geez. We have our ideas and philosophies that are priceless given our vast experience in the real world. Wait I need to send out a tweet, respond to an instagram photo, reply to snapchat, go live on periscope and catch up on my mms...BTW if I can have next week off to celebrate my BFF's 24th birthday, actually I'm taking it off and will not let you know until I return..Accountability is so old school..
                    You say accountability is so old school, but the reality is kids train more now than they did 20 years ago.

Kids are giving up more in the name of soccer than they did 20 years ago.

I don't really remember Oregon teams being all that competitive outside of Oregon. There have been age groups that have done well, but as a whole the results are not that much different back then as it is now.

Not really sure the point of the resting of your rambling.

Soccer is a game.

Comment

You say accountability is so old school, but the reality is kids train more now than they did 20 years ago.

Kids are giving up more in the name of soccer than they did 20 years ago.

I don't really remember Oregon teams being all that competitive outside of Oregon. There have been age groups that have done well, but as a whole the results are not that much different back then as it is now.

Not really sure the point of the resting of your rambling.

Soccer is a game.
                      Comment #1 response: Yet they aren't getting any better in Oregon. Bad trainers doing more with kids is not development.

Comment #2 response; why?

Comment #3 You need to do some research many Boys teams were on par with the region's best and even a handful were nationally relevant from the 90's to 2010. Oregon Girl's have only had 1 team the: FC Portland Yellow group of the late 90's, tons of future d1 studs (pre da and ecnl) that could give any club in the country a run for their money.
                      But at least they (girls) use to form at least 1 or 2 teams that could compete every year, not so anymore due to dilution and coaching.

In the last 5 to 7 years Oregon has become a sea of mediocrity coupled with worthless league, & program labels. Hopefully the monetizing of the sport by clubs and trainers withers away and some real teams, coaches and players come out of this muck.

Comment #4 Given your limited experience and insight how could you even begin to understand the de evolution of Oregon Youth Soccer.

More clubs please, more labels please less substance.

Comment

That is interesting because according to the DA soccer site, the Portland Thorns 16/17 team has only played in one game so far this season and they lost 2-3.

It is one loss... not the end of the world... there is still plenty of soccer left.

Having multiple options is good for players. Having one option (whether it is CU, FCP, or Thorns) would be awful for the players. If you think the clubs suck now, think about how bad they would be if one club had a monopoly and can do what they want.
                        The Thorns should easily win the rest of their games. Choices are good and the ecnl teams will get great college exposure even when they lose. The more options the better.

Comment

Comment #1 response: Yet they aren't getting any better in Oregon. Bad trainers doing more with kids is not development.

Comment #2 response; why?

Comment #3 You need to do some research many Boys teams were on par with the region's best and even a handful were nationally relevant from the 90's to 2010. Oregon Girl's have only had 1 team the: FC Portland Yellow group of the late 90's, tons of future d1 studs (pre da and ecnl) that could give any club in the country a run for their money.
                          But at least they (girls) use to form at least 1 or 2 teams that could compete every year, not so anymore due to dilution and coaching.

In the last 5 to 7 years Oregon has become a sea of mediocrity coupled with worthless league, & program labels. Hopefully the monetizing of the sport by clubs and trainers withers away and some real teams, coaches and players come out of this muck.

Comment #4 Given your limited experience and insight how could you even begin to understand the de evolution of Oregon Youth Soccer.

More clubs please, more labels please less substance.
                          You are living in the past. The past was not as rosy as you believe it to be.

Time have changed.

You have the boys DA where the best boys teams play.

You first had the girl's ECNL where the best teams play.

And now you have girl's DA which is still forming.

If the clubs in Oregon don't do ECNL, DA, or GDA then they are not really playing against the best clubs in the country.

US Youth Soccer Championships, ODP, etc... things that were relevant in the past are no longer that relevant.

I don't necessarily agree that DA, GDA, or ECNL are a great thing, but since they are here if Oregon does not really have a choice if we want to play the top teams.

When you say tons of future D1 studs in the past... what you really mean is about 5-10 players. Go ahead and name them if you come up with more than 10. And the success of those players had more to do with themselves than the "club". If it were the club than there would have been more players. And btw Erik Hutardo, Courtney Verloo, etc.. also worked with trainers.

There are plenty of kids from Oregon that will play D1 soccer. This year's class on the girls side includes OSU, Oregon, Portland, Cal, Georgetown, Santa Clara, Washington, Princeton etc...

You can pretend that you know a lot about the soccer in Oregon and the country, but I am not so sure based on your response. Your knowledge of the past is also not entirely accurate.

Comment

#1 You are living in the past. The past was not as rosy as you believe it to be.

#2Time have changed.

#3You have the boys DA where the best boys teams play.

#4You first had the girl's ECNL where the best teams play.

#5 And now you have girl's DA which is still forming.

#6 If the clubs in Oregon don't do ECNL, DA, or GDA then they are not really playing against the best clubs in the country.

#7 US Youth Soccer Championships, ODP, etc... things that were relevant in the past are no longer that relevant.

#8 I don't necessarily agree that DA, GDA, or ECNL are a great thing, but since they are here if Oregon does not really have a choice if we want to play the top teams.

#8 When you say tons of future D1 studs in the past... what you really mean is about 5-10 players. Go ahead and name them if you come up with more than 10. And the success of those players had more to do with themselves than the "club". If it were the club than there would have been more players. And btw Erik Hutardo, Courtney Verloo, etc.. also worked with trainers.

#9 There are plenty of kids from Oregon that will play D1 soccer. This year's class on the girls side includes OSU, Oregon, Portland, Cal, Georgetown, Santa Clara, Washington, Princeton etc...

#10You can pretend that you know a lot about the soccer in Oregon and the country, but I am not so sure based on your response. Your knowledge of the past is also not entirely accurate.
                            #1 Results and records pre-DA from many generations of Oregon Club teams speak for themselves, do some research and educate yourself. Your ignorance is your downfall.

#2 Times have changed for sure and Oregon has not evolved at any level or produced better than the past.

#3 Very few Oregon boys get any significant playing time in the Timbers MLS DA Program, it's only 2 teams and they import more than 1/2 of the starters.Also no Oregon club boys teams are playing in the DA currently.

#4 Oregon is irrelevant in the ECNL other than roadkill for good clubs across the nation.

#5 The Girls DA just creates more dilution in a talent poor state like Oregon, not helping anything.

#6 Great point with so few Oregon boys selected for the Timbers MLS DA and all the prodigious states club teams doing the Boys DA. When today's modern DA clubs (other states) were only doing the USYS competition Oregon's boys club teams were historically very competitive with them at top tourneys and championships, with oregon even winning Region IV 3 or 4 times over the best of the best in Region IV? Today Oregon club teams should roll over the 2nd tier club teams from those states, yet they don't. This is the biggest indicator of how bad things are in Oregon.

#7 True (especially boys side) since Oregon isn't relevant at them anymore which again proves how bad thing are here. Girls have never been relevant, so be it.

#8 Why can't we even form club teams that can compete with DA Boys, DA Girls and club teams that play in US Club, ECNL? Are we really that bad today?

#9 No private trainier, just ODP & Club for these hardworking Oregonians that went on MLS Players & pros.

Andrew Gregor FC
                            Chris Brown FC
                            Ryan Cochrane Villa
                            Ty Harden FC/WSM
                            Chad Barrett WSM
                            Byron Alvarez Beaverton
                            Danny Mwanga WSM
                            Erik Hurtado WSM
                            Brian Rowe (GK) Eugene
                            Rubio Rubin WSM
                            Scott Benedetti *****
                            Ian Fuller FC
                            Terry Boss (GK) Corvallis
                            Dustin Correa ESU
                            Nate Jaqua Eugene
                            Ross Shunk FC
                            Joey Leonetti Gladstone
                            Josh Cameron WSM

I'm sure there are others that's just off the top of the head. FC & WSM are notable clubs.

#10 On the boys side of d1 soccer today, there aren't players like those listed above at any d1 colleges. As for the current girls crop taking roster spots on d1 girls teams it's not a difficult task given title ix funding for the sport of women's soccer they are needed. None are Power 5 all stars or potential pros.

#11 History and facts create knowledge. What's your excuse ignorance?

Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Benedetti has to be 50 something? How far back are you going to go?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X