Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL+HS Soccer + ODP = Overuse Injuries

Given the huge volumes of ecnl players that are also playing high school soccer and still doing ODP, here is afresh article worthy of a glimpse.
    http://fit2finish.com/can-a-us-socce...ruse-injuries/

Girls DA training 4 days/wk = overuse injuries?

Training four days a week minimum is required by US soccer. Overuse injuries are a major concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Training four days a week minimum is required by US soccer. Overuse injuries are a major concern.
      Part of the training should be strength and conditioning - there are several exercises that can help reduce the risk of overuse injuries and ACL tears. Most soccer coaches don't have a clue and don't want to spend precious practice time working on it. If your club doesn't seek, out a trainer outside the club that specializes in training HS/college athletes. They should be certified and have a credible client base, not just some guy who opened a gym in his basement.

And no I'm not a trainer but was fortunate enough to have been recommended one for my two athletes. He took the time to analyze their weaknesses (one had a funny gait when she ran) and talked to them about what their goals were (speed, jumping for basketball etc), devised a plan helped them get ready for the HS season, gave them exercises to continue at home, as well as help one of them re-hab from an injury (broken bone from a collision with another player, no over-use injuries to date). Didn't cost that much and I found my kids started taking the entire process more seriously. The oldest is now in college and slid right into the demands of D1 workouts

Comment

Training includes SAQs, strength and conditioning run by Rachel Rapinoe. Additionally, all GDA players were assessed for concussion risk(base line impact testing) and hidden heart issues(Providence Heart and Vascular Institute). All mandatory prior to first league game.

Comment

Poor kids! I feel bad for the thorns kids. Running then hard and nobody will watch their games.

Comment

Given the huge volumes of ecnl players that are also playing high school soccer and still doing ODP, here is afresh article worthy of a glimpse.
            ODP does not start up till after high school and most clubs wait a week or two before they get back together after high school . Just one organization using public media to bash others and sway them their way.

Comment

Well it's lucky for you that your DD got cut from ECNL and ODP then. No worries.

Comment

Well it's lucky for you that your DD got cut from ECNL and ODP then. No worries.
                No one gets cut from teams that play in the Ecnl league. They need money and help badly.

Comment

No one gets cut from teams that play in the Ecnl league. They need money and help badly.
                  No one gets cut from ECNL. They just get sent to GDA instead.

Comment

Training includes SAQs, strength and conditioning run by Rachel Rapinoe. Additionally, all GDA players were assessed for concussion risk(base line impact testing) and hidden heart issues(Providence Heart and Vascular Institute). All mandatory prior to first league game.
                    GDA so far has been quality. These players are having a great time. Nothing but best wishes for this program as it grows. It's about time our female athletes are getting identified and acknowledged by US Soccer at these younger ages.

Comment

I think the GDA is very poorly designed. I feel bad for the kids.

Comment

Just for clarity and perspective the above post was made by a parent who does not have any children in any US Soccer DA programs.

Comment

I think it's great news that so many ecnl players are trying out for ODP now.

https://www.timbers.com/youth/olympi...opment-program

Hopefully with high school soccer and ECNL the ODP coaches can help balance out their training program. Do the ECNL coaches work together with the ODP coaches on development and platforms in order to prevent overuse injuries? The ecnl girls don't get the benefit of comprehensive ten month training programs like DA but I think adding ODP might round it out?

Comment

I think it's great news that so many ecnl players are trying out for ODP now.

https://www.timbers.com/youth/olympi...opment-program

Hopefully with high school soccer and ECNL the ODP coaches can help balance out their training program. Do the ECNL coaches work together with the ODP coaches on development and platforms in order to prevent overuse injuries? The ecnl girls don't get the benefit of comprehensive ten month training programs like DA but I think adding ODP might round it out?
                            Just for the record the above post was written by a parent with no knowledge or experience of a child playing for an ECNL club.

Comment

Just for the record the above post was written by a parent with no knowledge or experience of a child playing for an ECNL club.
                              Please enlighten us as to why all those ecnl players are playing ODP this year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X