Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kids just have an internal drive yours don't.
    It's called self comfort, you don't have it.
    sorry your kids a disappointment.

Comment

It's called self comfort, you don't have it.
      sorry your kids a disappointment.
      I'm extremely proud of what my kids have accomplished. They've done it themselves with little direction from us. They're at a place in the "pyramid" that most MA clubs can't even offer. I watch parents from clubs like yours led around by the nose for years. You need to accept where your kids settle because you can't change it no matter how hard you try. You seem content with your place in the pecking order which is a healthy attitude to maintain.

Comment

This holds true when you look at the results of the top age brackets in the GPS Memorial Day Tournament.

A MA GPS team couldn't even make the finals at U14, U15, U16, U18 & U19.

The best players leave once they realize DA is their best option for development and identification.

The departure of these few players per age is generally enough to hamper the teams chances of competing despite NPL being a B team type league.
        GPS has become the go to for high school style soccer players in their school's off season.

Comment

I'm extremely proud of what my kids have accomplished. They've done it themselves with little direction from us. They're at a place in the "pyramid" that most MA clubs can't even offer. I watch parents from clubs like yours led around by the nose for years. You need to accept where your kids settle because you can't change it no matter how hard you try. You seem content with your place in the pecking order which is a healthy attitude to maintain.
          Then why are you here tearing down others' choices?
          even in this reply, you seem overly aware of the pyramid and where other's fall in the pecking order. Like I said earlier, you are not comfortable.

Comment

GPS has become the go to for high school style soccer players in their school's off season.
            Not for nothing, but I was just at PDA and got to watch multiple games of girls ECNL in top bracket and on adjacent fields the next bracket down NPL games. Athleticism was unquestionably higher with ECNL where speed and physicality were at a premium. Ironically the soccer IQ, possession style, and play from the back was higher in the NPL games.

Love the folks who pompously throw around "boot and run" and "HS Style" when that is exactly how the ECNL and even US College soccer plays.

Comment

Then why are you here tearing down others' choices?
              even in this reply, you seem overly aware of the pyramid and where other's fall in the pecking order. Like I said earlier, you are not comfortable.
              As long as people keep making questionable choices I'll keep trying to shine a light on the issues from the comfort of my place in the soccer world.

Comment

As long as people keep making questionable choices I'll keep trying to shine a light on the issues from the comfort of my place in the soccer world.
                Shining a light on other people's choices means you are not comfortable.
                You jealous of our Uniforms? or still mad no one cared when your awkward boy left?

Comment

You jealous of our Uniforms? or still mad no one cared when your awkward boy left?
                  Exactly.

Two ways to show you do a good job.

First, do a good job.

Second, make the other guy look worse.

Guess where Mr. Envy is? Can't be happy with his own, so have try to bring others down.

Comment

These are the desperate musings of someone hopelessly adrift in the youth sports ecosystem. I've never really been a Bayern fan BTW. I do like the look of that DA patch on my child's jersey. Enjoy tryouts. GPS will find a spot for anyone willing to pay which must be comforting.

Comment

These are the desperate musings of someone hopelessly adrift in the youth sports ecosystem. I've never really been a Bayern fan BTW. I do like the look of that DA patch on my child's jersey. Enjoy tryouts. GPS will find a spot for anyone willing to pay which must be comforting.

Aaahhh...there we have it. Those in DA looking down on the rest.

Like, if you aren't skiing black diamonds in Whistler, you're just wasting your time.

At the end of the day, when you take a turn with the Cottonelle, that brown streak stinks just like everyone else's....

Comment

I do like the look of that DA patch on my child's jersey.

your child is playing at the Academy level and you feel the need to come on TS and make fun of GPS. No, you're not insecure. My mistake.

Comment

Sounds like a guy who has to get all his clothes tailored. Love those chinos with the cute little legs.

Comment

Aaahhh...there we have it. Those in DA looking down on the rest.

Like, if you aren't skiing black diamonds in Whistler, you're just wasting your time.

At the end of the day, when you take a turn with the Cottonelle, that brown streak stinks just like everyone else's....
                            I'm a pretty damn good skier.

Comment

your child is playing at the Academy level and you feel the need to come on TS and make fun of GPS. No, you're not insecure. My mistake.
                              This place is entertaining. I make fun of GPS parents more so than the club. I look at GPS parents the same way I do BC grads.

Comment

Sounds like a guy who has to get all his clothes tailored. Love those chinos with the cute little legs.
                                If more men took the time to visit a tailor they wouldn't look homeless. That being said I usually can find clothes that fit quite well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X