High School Boys Soccer 2017-18 Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2072260]Keep telling yourself this if it makes you feel better.

It does. The true with will set you free too my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      High school soccer is full of testosterone overloaded boys that default to dirty play when they get embarrassed. I can get past the kick and run. I just don't want some high school basketball player damaging my soccer player's knee because my kid megged him.
      Yes, because we all know that such retribution only takes place in high school....

I've seen a lot of hs, club, and DAP soccer. Very, very rarely is anybody 'megged'. I'd say a bigger danger than your scenario is a 'cool' dad throwing around such words as 'megged' on an anonymous site trying to impress anonymous readers about his anonymous son.

Comment

The argument to play high school ball is a good one, but not necessarily to become a great soccer player. It is great to play for your town in front of your family and friends, the latter of which rarely will show up to a club game.
        High school sports is like joining a club and the gain is mostly social.
        The exception is when your high school is a good team and the coach is a real coach.

That said, high school soccer is not great soccer. It is a fast pace forward moving seemingly chaotic game played by decent athletes and mediocre soccer players. The 'sweeper-back' remains and the kick and run game predominates.

Club soccer is a far better game of soccer and coaching is superior. However, it is less likely to provide long-lasting friends the way high school does. Playing high school ball mainly satisfies the social and community needs in kids.
        The "sweeper" is not really used at all at the higher levels of high school soccer. I saw a lot of D1 tourney action last year and only saw it employed by 1 or two lower seeded teams.

Comment

Lots of dads here struggling to defend high school soccer.
          I don't have a kid. My point was about your kid and whether he's telling you the truth. If you want to make an argument that playing DAP and not HS is better for your kids development or college playing aspirations I won't argue with you. But if you think your kid isn't disappointed that he can't play with his friends then your lying to yourself. Again, with the caveat that he has friends.

Comment

Yes, because we all know that such retribution only takes place in high school....

I've seen a lot of hs, club, and DAP soccer. Very, very rarely is anybody 'megged'. I'd say a bigger danger than your scenario is a 'cool' dad throwing around such words as 'megged' on an anonymous site trying to impress anonymous readers about his anonymous son.
            High level club can be just as physical and ugly and filled with "retributions." Tired of the "HS soccer sucks" snobs - most times its dads of lower level club players. You know, the kind that don't make varsity until senior year so therefore "all HS soccer sucks and the coach plays favorites" type

Comment

You seem like the type of dad that spawns an ankle hacker.

Comment

High level club can be just as physical and ugly and filled with "retributions." Tired of the "HS soccer sucks" snobs - most times its dads of lower level club players. You know, the kind that don't make varsity until senior year so therefore "all HS soccer sucks and the coach plays favorites" type
                My son was offered a varsity starting spot his freshman year in an attempt to lure him into high school soccer. He politely declined. It's working out very well for him.

Comment

My son was offered a varsity starting spot his freshman year in an attempt to lure him into high school soccer. He politely declined. It's working out very well for him.
                  He's stuck with an a ss like you for a dad. Couldn't be that great.

...show him your trolling posts essentially knocking the efforts of friends that he is hanging out with every day you'll instantly realize just what a d I k you are.

...not to mention if you just finished a year of DAP soccer with either the Revs or Seacoast and you are impressed with what they have taught your son, then you are truly lost.

Comment

He's stuck with an a ss like you for a dad. Couldn't be that great.

...show him your trolling posts essentially knocking the efforts of friends that he is hanging out with every day you'll instantly realize just what a d I k you are.

...not to mention if you just finished a year of DAP soccer with either the Revs or Seacoast and you are impressed with what they have taught your son, then you are truly lost.
                    Keep coming back at me. You're carrying a lot of anger. I hope posts like the one above help you to find some peace.

I guess my kid compartmentalizes better than you. He understands the difference between teammates and friends. For him they are mutually exclusive categories. Most of his friends don't even play soccer.

Soccer isn't a social experiment for him. If your kid needs to play soccer to fit in that's as good a reason as any to play high school soccer. In fact, it's probably the best reason to play in high school.

Comment

Keep coming back at me. You're carrying a lot of anger. I hope posts like the one above help you to find some peace.

I guess my kid compartmentalizes better than you. He understands the difference between teammates and friends. For him they are mutually exclusive categories. Most of his friends don't even play soccer.

Soccer isn't a social experiment for him. If your kid needs to play soccer to fit in that's as good a reason as any to play high school soccer. In fact, it's probably the best reason to play in high school.
                      Very sad. Most players, even at the highest levels and professionally, have some friends as teammates (not all, but some). It should be an enjoyable experience, not just a job with co-workers to be dealt with

Dad of a DA player

Comment

I'm confused?

If 80% of the players on a high school team are former club players and the coach is a former club and college player, is there a difference?

Why would the kids make their high school team and play soccer differently?

Comment

Do you discuss this with your kid? Does he tell you that his teammates are not his friends?
                          That just seems odd to me.

Comment

I'm confused?

If 80% of the players on a high school team are former club players and the coach is a former club and college player, is there a difference?

Why would the kids make their high school team and play soccer differently?
                            Beats me but high school soccer is a hot mess. Go watch it. Maybe D2 or D3 is different but D1 is as direct as any game in the world.

Comment

Beats me but high school soccer is a hot mess. Go watch it. Maybe D2 or D3 is different but D1 is as direct as any game in the world.
                              From what I can see, high school soccer is saturated with club players. This is a relatively recent development, but more and more kids are training with clubs. It's nearly unavoidable as a youth player with decent ability, when all your friends are playing. Most parents give in to the fear that their child will fall behind and get them on a club team.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2072652]Keep coming back at me. You're carrying a lot of anger. I hope posts like the one above help you to find some peace.

Soccer isn't a social experiment for him. If your kid needs to play soccer to fit in that's as good a reason as any to play high school soccer. In fact, it's probably the best reason to play in high school.[/QUOT

Are you the same parent that posted the high school coach tried to lure your son into playing soccer by offering a spot? IF that was true I'm sure you bragged to every person you knew about that. If your kid is good enough why wouldn't the coach try and get your son? I don't lure is the word you should use. The coach was trying to do his job just like any other soccer team. Did the revs/bolts luring in to play with them? I'm sure you would say they want me son to play for them.

I'm still trying to figure out why every one talks about DA so much? Just speaking form looking at the revs rosters there's only 3 teams with five or take 22 players on each team. That's 66 players right? There's probably about 20 players not from MA so that's 46 players in Massachusetts that we are talking about. That's almost less than most high schools
                                Have playing. So we are talking about a fraction of the total players in MA. Even add in bolts that's maybe 120 from MA. So all these pro da people on here are only talking about 120-150 kids from u14-u18. How many male soccer players are at these age groups in MA? So where are all those players suppose to play in the fall?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X