X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "and while we have a rivalry with FC"

Don't you have to win for it to be a rivalry? Westside has been the proverbial bridesmaid in comparison to FC.
    Manage a two-match winning streak in 05b and now the tail wags the dog? Did you not notice which club put fifteen teams into quarterfinals this year? Child, please.

Comment

Manage a two-match winning streak in 05b and now the tail wags the dog? Did you not notice which club put fifteen teams into quarterfinals this year? Child, please.
      Eugene parent pointing out that your argument is pretty weak when FCP plays B teams in state cup for 5 years of girls. But whoever created this thread thanks for the laugh with the poop emoji.

Comment

Eugene parent pointing out that your argument is pretty weak when FCP plays B teams in state cup for 5 years of girls. But whoever created this thread thanks for the laugh with the poop emoji.
        But when those b teams get routinely clobbered in OYSA, and the A teams get waxed in ECNL... What should we conclude?

Next year that excuse won't work.

Comment

Don't you have to win for it to be a rivalry? Westside has been the proverbial bridesmaid in comparison to FC.

Really, over last 20 years Westside has rolled up 3x as many state cups than fc.. yeah so it's really not a rivalary it's just another casualty.. you need to be looking at body of work... if you need to look at one 10 year olds experience that's twisted.

Comment

Really, over last 20 years Westside has rolled up 3x as many state cups than fc.. yeah so it's really not a rivalary it's just another casualty.. you need to be looking at body of work... if you need to look at one 10 year olds experience that's twisted.
            Trend is that Westside is getting more and more isolated and FC is building bridges (yes, elitist/country club FC has been building bridges).

Comment

Sound like you are flopping and whining more than anyone. And name the game, name the opponent, contact OYSA and investigate. Let's end this dog ****.
              I have a dd who has played against their 02 copa team, 02 samba 01 copa team and seen their 00 girls play and same story for all of them.

Comment

I have a dd who has played against their 02 copa team, 02 samba 01 copa team and seen their 00 girls play and same story for all of them.
                "OMG, Becky, I like, you know, went to my soccer game last week, and it was, like, against Westside, and you know what? I got there and started warming up, and then the referee came to like check us in, and he was like TOTALLY Mexican!"

"Yeah, so?"

"You know what that means? It means, like, he has a little brother in the club! They're cheating!"

"How do you know that?"

"Doncha know? All of them have brothers that play there! I saw a kid who kind of looks like him at Liberty once, in a Westside jersey!"

'Oh. My. GOD!!!!!"

Comment

"OMG, Becky, I like, you know, went to my soccer game last week, and it was, like, against Westside, and you know what? I got there and started warming up, and then the referee came to like check us in, and he was like TOTALLY Mexican!"

"Yeah, so?"

"You know what that means? It means, like, he has a little brother in the club! They're cheating!"

"How do you know that?"

"Doncha know? All of them have brothers that play there! I saw a kid who kind of looks like him at Liberty once, in a Westside jersey!"

'Oh. My. GOD!!!!!"
                  Still weak....incredibly racist, but weak. Keep trying.

Or as Copa Dad would say...
                  Yawn

Comment

Still weak....incredibly racist, but weak. Keep trying.

Or as Copa Dad would say...
                    Yawn
                    Satire, actually.... intended to make fun of the "big brother is the ref" theme, and explore some of the darker underpinnings of the various urban legends around youth soccer.

But yes, it is getting tiresome.

Comment

Satire, actually.... intended to make fun of the "big brother is the ref" theme, and explore some of the darker underpinnings of the various urban legends around youth soccer.

But yes, it is getting tiresome.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Rivalry is a great word. It applies to the process and not the outcome.

"Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.
                        ‘there always has been intense rivalry between the clubs’" -Oxford Living Dictionaries

Comment

Westside does seem to have a larger-than-usual share of disgruntled former families. Usually, though, they just get over it and move on--as they should. There are many excellent soccer clubs in the Portland area--and while we have a rivalry with FC (and a few others), they have my respect and I know plenty of families there, including several who used to play for Westside and left for various reasons.

But someone seems to have gone a bit off the deep end of late... whether this is a result of trash-talk on the 05B thread, or someone who thinks the Timbers' GDA is a threat to FC's ECNL program (I think they will co-exist nicely), the crazy has been turned up to eleven. Someone seems.... bitter, like a jilted lover who now hates everything about his or her ex.

As the POTUS would say, sad!
                          There will always be people n happy with their teams/clubs. You always see movement as well. There have always been disgruntled former families elsewhere to, and they sometimes end up at WT, FC, BSC, and possibly of late, at CU.

The OP has a personal issue that he/she is using to generalize and create unnecessary drama. Not uncommon when state cup is going on and tryouts are right around the corner.

I don't know any of these teams or the 'WT dad' but cudos to him for providing good, rather objective insights into the youngers these days.

The irony is likely that there will be so much movement for youngers in these next few years. The way the OP has been posting, I would not e surprised if his/her child ends up not continuing club soccer through the HS years and perhaps even college play.

Comment

The problem with Westside has never been the coaches, AGC's, Cony, Jaime or John Bain. It's the parents. By far the most toxic group of self entitled idiots in the history of soccer parents. They pit kid against kid and parents vs. parents. They bully coaches who don't play their kids. It's awful at every age group we were ever apart of.

Comment

There will always be people n happy with their teams/clubs. You always see movement as well. There have always been disgruntled former families elsewhere to, and they sometimes end up at WT, FC, BSC, and possibly of late, at CU.

The OP has a personal issue that he/she is using to generalize and create unnecessary drama. Not uncommon when state cup is going on and tryouts are right around the corner.

I don't know any of these teams or the 'WT dad' but cudos to him for providing good, rather objective insights into the youngers these days.

The irony is likely that there will be so much movement for youngers in these next few years. The way the OP has been posting, I would not e surprised if his/her child ends up not continuing club soccer through the HS years and perhaps even college play.
                              That's some real insight right there. Great job. Now, allow me to retort. Based on your most recent post, as well as others that Appear to have been made by you, I can deduce that you never really experienced any success in athletics, and as a result of this, you live you are living out your dreams through your kids. You made an assumption (and were wrong) about my child. Maybe I am wrong about you? I mean, after all this is an anonymous chat board. All you can really tell is what I want you to know. And in this case, I am simply expressing my opinion about Westside. They have done a lot of sleazy and underhand things. Please do not tell me about the 90's, as that was the metros. Since Westside got in bed with the Timbers, they have really ratcheted up the ick factor. You are either with the club, or have a child there. That is fine. I wish you well. However, stop defending that which is indefensible. People have come on this site, on all different threads and espoused their feelings about Westside. No, it has nothing to do with jealousy (well, to be fair, maybe sometimes it does)but had to do with recognizing that Westide appears to have very questionable ethics. If Westside walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...well then they must be a poop emoji.

Comment

That's some real insight right there. Great job. Now, allow me to retort. Based on your most recent post, as well as others that Appear to have been made by you, I can deduce that you never really experienced any success in athletics, and as a result of this, you live you are living out your dreams through your kids. You made an assumption (and were wrong) about my child. Maybe I am wrong about you? I mean, after all this is an anonymous chat board. All you can really tell is what I want you to know. And in this case, I am simply expressing my opinion about Westside. They have done a lot of sleazy and underhand things. Please do not tell me about the 90's, as that was the metros. Since Westside got in bed with the Timbers, they have really ratcheted up the ick factor. You are either with the club, or have a child there. That is fine. I wish you well. However, stop defending that which is indefensible. People have come on this site, on all different threads and espoused their feelings about Westside. No, it has nothing to do with jealousy (well, to be fair, maybe sometimes it does)but had to do with recognizing that Westide appears to have very questionable ethics. If Westside walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...well then they must be a poop emoji.
                                Metros 1993 til_2013

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X