URI Women's Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the new coach luck. I don't think URI will be very good for awhile now. I hope i eat my words. But I just don't feel the fit is right. Bottom of the table for URI for a few years. Like i said. I really hope I am WRONG!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not the OP you responded to. Having seen teams coached and "developed" by former goalkeepers, URI will absolutely underperform. Teams tend to take on the focus and style of the coach and that is colored by the coach's background and knowledge. What do most keepers know about attacking play and building teams offensively? Very little. Watch URI become a very defensive program with little to speak about with regards to scoring and offensive development.
      How about another ACC alumni who has been pretty successful in domestic, national and international soccer? Bruce Arena. The all time winningest US National team coach

Comment

How about another ACC alumni who has been pretty successful in domestic, national and international soccer? Bruce Arena. The all time winningest US National team coach
        It would have been nicer post if you hadn't left out the small detail.

From Wikipedia:

Bruce Arena (born September 21, 1951)[1] is an American soccer coach currently serving as head coach of the United States men's national soccer team.

He is a member of the National Soccer Hall of Fame. Arena has had a long and distinguished coaching career and is considered to be one of the most successful coaches in North American soccer history, having won five College Cup titles and five MLS Cup titles.[2] He was head coach of the U.S. at the 1996 Summer Olympics, the 2002 FIFA World Cup and the 2006 FIFA World Cup, head coach of the New York Red Bulls, D.C. United, and LA Galaxy in Major League Soccer, and coached the University of Virginia to several college soccer championships.

Before beginning his coaching career, Arena was a goalkeeper for Cornell University, and earned one cap with the United States men's national soccer team.

Comment

It would have been nicer post if you hadn't left out the small detail.

From Wikipedia:

Bruce Arena (born September 21, 1951)[1] is an American soccer coach currently serving as head coach of the United States men's national soccer team.

He is a member of the National Soccer Hall of Fame. Arena has had a long and distinguished coaching career and is considered to be one of the most successful coaches in North American soccer history, having won five College Cup titles and five MLS Cup titles.[2] He was head coach of the U.S. at the 1996 Summer Olympics, the 2002 FIFA World Cup and the 2006 FIFA World Cup, head coach of the New York Red Bulls, D.C. United, and LA Galaxy in Major League Soccer, and coached the University of Virginia to several college soccer championships.

Before beginning his coaching career, Arena was a goalkeeper for Cornell University, and earned one cap with the United States men's national soccer team.
          What small detail

Comment

Just heard she is not keeping either assistants, wants to bring in her own staff.

Comment

Just heard she is not keeping either assistants, wants to bring in her own staff.
              That's not surprising as the program needs a reboot and fresh voices

Comment

Reboot?? That was done when MN left.... that's all that was needed. She's bringing new staff because she knows the girls liked the 2 assistants that were there. MN really screwed that program up and if it wasn't for the assistants, that program wouldn't even have a decent recruit. I know a couple of kids committed and it wasn't because of MN!

Comment

Reboot?? That was done when MN left.... that's all that was needed. She's bringing new staff because she knows the girls liked the 2 assistants that were there. MN really screwed that program up and if it wasn't for the assistants, that program wouldn't even have a decent recruit. I know a couple of kids committed and it wasn't because of MN!
                  What happens when Coach Hurley leaves eventually and they bring in an outside coach. The new BB coach wouldn't likely keep any assistants.

That's what happens when there are coaching changes

Comment

How did Coach MN screw up the program?

Comment

What small detail
                      Aside from also coming from the ACC... Bruce Arena was a goalkeeper for Cornell University before starting is coaching career.

Comment

Aside from also coming from the ACC... Bruce Arena was a goalkeeper for Cornell University before starting is coaching career.
                        Yes and statement was made teams coached by former goalkeepers underperform

Arena won multiple titles in college and pros. As USMNT he is all time winningest coach. Not too bad for a former keeper

Comment

How did Coach MN screw up the program?
                          Thought after losing to Bryant 3-0 it could be a long season - and maybe will be but nice 4-2 win over Vermont.

One nice thing is hat trick by TR with assist from JM - so RI players making a difference and one of the Vermont goals by a RI player too. and in the Bryant game, RI player had a goal and assist for Bryant.

URI plays Brown - would be nice if URI is playing Bryant and Brown to get PC in and just do like the men - an Ocean State college soccer classic. Would be a nice way to partner youth soccer with local colleges..

Comment

URI has zero talent and new coaches have no clue what's going on , who hires two goalie coaches to coach a team .wow TR has 10 career goals and she is a senior impressive . Lost to central Conn last nite , looks like another crappy season

Comment

URI has zero talent and new coaches have no clue what's going on , who hires two goalie coaches to coach a team .wow TR has 10 career goals and she is a senior impressive . Lost to central Conn last nite , looks like another crappy season
                              Can't blame the new coaches. MN devestated the program with his incompetence. Got to give new coaching staff a couple years to right the ship.

Comment

What recruits are going want to go to school with losing program , new coaches have no interest in winning or they would at least sub instead of playing players that are completely exhausted

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X