Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry's April 16 post:

"What I know for a fact is that the Girl's side there is a contract that will be presented to a person Monday, and there is a meeting with a second candidate in the City on Thursday.

While both are killer choice, the person they hope to snag on Monday is a marquee name, and should have this board lite up like a night game at Yankee Stadium. If it happens BOTN will be the first to announce it as it is a quid-pro-quo to keep my mouth shut at this time.

What I will tell you is that person does not live on Long Island or New York or even Westchester, but you will all recognize the name and I hope it draw the reaction from you that it from me and I am not easily impressed or excited."

I wonder who the candidates were .... and what turned them off to Surf. I wonder if one was Christie Welch, who is now with Match Fit (NJ).

Comment

NY Surf posted this on April 22:

"We are also are excited about the upcoming 2016 Surf Cup on July 30th - August 1st in San Diego, as well as the Manchester City FC Americas Cup, where we are planning to send several NY Surf players to play with the Surf Select team, comprised of the TOP players in the country."

How can they do this when they are still having tryouts?

Comment

Larry on April 23:

"From my understanding there isn't going to be a physical presence on Long Island. No need for it as far as I can see."

Surf is hosting tryouts in Nassau.

Clearly NY Surf did not and does not have their sh*t together. No teams are listed on their website. But they do have their corporate office in the GM Building in Manhattan. Someone's got $$. And plenty of parents are going to be paying for that office on the 16th floor.

Comment

I thought NY Surf was playing summer. There are no Surf teams listed on Got Soccer. ??

Comment

Did anyone attend the tryouts in Nassau on Friday night?

Curious about the turnout across the various ages, as well as the general skill level present.

Comment

All B and C level types. Players not making A teams for clubs showing up. Not exactly the "quality" surf is advertising for elite play. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

Still waiting ....

For Surf to hire an unrecycled, rehashed coach. The latest hire is the Girls DOC from Brentwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  For Surf to hire an unrecycled, rehashed coach. The latest hire is the Girls DOC from Brentwood.
                  And now another college coach who won't be present? Whole thing is weird.

Comment

From an old Palm Beach Post story:

"The first thing we have to do is change the attitude and (create) togetherness," said Dooley, who replaces Kim Wyant, who did not apply for the FAU job when it became a full-time position. 'FAU was 4-14 the last two years. Eight wins in two years. I told the team I'm used to winning eight games in September.'"

Brian Dooley replaced her. Wonder why Wyant didn't apply for the full time gig. Not enough wins?

Comment

Wyant has the distinction of being tied with Hope Solo for the longest losing streak as a USWNT goalie at 4.

I did a search on Wyant. The Surf announcement is verbatim from previous Wyant announcements during her career. It's like nothing has changed; it's a recycled PR release.

I'm sure Wyant is a fine person and a good coach. But she was on the WNT 30+ years ago. Her old FAU job was part time and during the school's transition to D1 (Atlantic Sun). And Brentwood produced 1 female DI player this year (per Got Soccer).

I don't see the "WOW" personnel NY Surf promised. Perhaps the Fordham coach - when she's got time to coach. Maybe future Surf resources could help the new staff but producing anything close to the SD Surf appears years away. NY Surf has alluded to similar success on our side of the coast but I don't think any of us are really seeing it.

Comment

Wyant has the distinction of being tied with Hope Solo for the longest losing streak as a USWNT goalie at 4.

I did a search on Wyant. The Surf announcement is verbatim from previous Wyant announcements during her career. It's like nothing has changed; it's a recycled PR release.

I'm sure Wyant is a fine person and a good coach. But she was on the WNT 30+ years ago. Her old FAU job was part time and during the school's transition to D1 (Atlantic Sun). And Brentwood produced 1 female DI player this year (per Got Soccer).

I don't see the "WOW" personnel NY Surf promised. Perhaps the Fordham coach - when she's got time to coach. Maybe future Surf resources could help the new staff but producing anything close to the SD Surf appears years away. NY Surf has alluded to similar success on our side of the coast but I don't think any of us are really seeing it.
                        I concur. Whole thing seems confusing. More questions than answers. These announcements actually lead to more questions too.

Comment

And now they are holding tryouts for 10 new Nassau teams in Oyster Bay, on June 28th.

I can't tell if they are desperate, stupid or just don't care that the only players they'll get at this point are the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

Maybe they are reacting to Cedar Stars coming into NY. CS already has a boys DA and they are supposed to be getting a girls DA.

How can Surf have tryouts if they haven't finalized fields?

Maybe Surf will take over Sachem. It would solve the field lease situation.

Comment

To review.

June 29th and in both Nassau and Suffolk they still have no fields, no coaches, no announced leagues, etc.

They do have some college coaches running the tryouts and who are in charge of "development" but nothing about the day to day operations.

But at least they are cashing checks. That part of the operation is working perfectly.

Comment

To review.

June 29th and in both Nassau and Suffolk they still have no fields, no coaches, no announced leagues, etc.

They do have some college coaches running the tryouts and who are in charge of "development" but nothing about the day to day operations.

But at least they are cashing checks. That part of the operation is working perfectly.
                                It's a scam. Maybe Larry from BOTN will investigate. Oh wait ...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X