Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    if you train 4 days a week with the team and train 4 days on your own that is 20+ hrs a week with a ball on your foot. 8-10 hrs a week at the gym. 50% of weekends you have 2 games I am sure that is much more than you ever did playing guest playing and 3v3 useless tournaments. You get more work on a racquetball court in an hour than you do all weekend playing 3v3 or 11 v 11 tournament. But you stay with your elite travel club playing that superior HS soccer.
    Also, not to nit pick, but how do you train four days a week with the team AND four days a week at home? Do you have a personal time travel device? Do you possess the superpower of stopping the earth from spinning on its axis? Just curious because you've got an eight day week and are giving your AT Least kid thirty hours of soccer training (20 + 10 in the gym). There are only 168 hours in a week. Teenagers need about 9 hours of sleep a night, so that takes you down to 105. Take off 7 hours of day for school and that takes you down to seventy. Then you take off your thirty hours of soccer and that takes you down to 40 hours a week for EVERYTHING ELSE IN YOUR KID'S LIFE - eating, bathing, going to the bathroom, socializing, homework, chores. This does not include weekend games and travel. Are you raising a human being or a soccer player. Can't do both on DA dad's make believe schedule.

Comment

Also, not to nit pick, but how do you train four days a week with the team AND four days a week at home? Do you have a personal time travel device? Do you possess the superpower of stopping the earth from spinning on its axis? Just curious because you've got an eight day week and are giving your AT Least kid thirty hours of soccer training (20 + 10 in the gym). There are only 168 hours in a week. Teenagers need about 9 hours of sleep a night, so that takes you down to 105. Take off 7 hours of day for school and that takes you down to seventy. Then you take off your thirty hours of soccer and that takes you down to 40 hours a week for EVERYTHING ELSE IN YOUR KID'S LIFE - eating, bathing, going to the bathroom, socializing, homework, chores. This does not include weekend games and travel. Are you raising a human being or a soccer player. Can't do both on DA dad's make believe schedule.
      No it is called virtual school he is caring a 4.6 GPA do to the fact he takes all honors classes. One training session in the morning with a trainer, then 2 hrs of school, then to the gym, back home for 2 hrs of school and then to fields. Friday nights and weekend when in town are for socializing with friends. So you seem to over analyze everything.

Comment

We went to try out thinking that it would be some great program. Saw a couple of coaches who had been bouncing around south florida forever at different clubs. Saw the same basic set up in terms of facilities that you see at any of the better travel clubs. Did not know, but soon learned of the totally hilarious expectation that the kid's soccer life be limited to the DA program. It was explained to us that a commitment to DA meant no playing for the school, or anywhere else for that matter - no guest playing, no three on three tournaments, etc. To this day not sure whether the DOC was right on that one or not - I've read stuff about people guest playing AND getting waivers to play high school ball. But that last one was the true eye-opener in terms of what DA is really all a money grab or an effort to develop players. Every soccer coach I ever had growing up encouraged us to play as often as we could wherever we could, as long as we kept our commitments to the team. I can still hear one of them lecturing "touches on the ball, touches on the ball! that's what makes you a better player". In any event, it seemed like a bunch of made up rules designed make DA appear to be "different" and "intense". Just thought it was stupid and never looked back.
        You drove TWO HOURS to get information that you could have looked up on the DA website for FREE? For somebody who makes "3x as much as a MLS player" you sure are dumb.

Comment

You drove TWO HOURS to get information that you could have looked up on the DA website for FREE? For somebody who makes "3x as much as a MLS player" you sure are dumb.
          Not the op but you'll only glean so much from a website. Sometimes you may be willing to give something a chance but getting more information or meeting the people involved you realize your instincts were correct. Has happened a few times with college visits - seems really good but not great on paper, then you can barely get through the presentation and you skip out on the tour altogether and head to the car

Comment

No it is called virtual school he is caring a 4.6 GPA do to the fact he takes all honors classes. One training session in the morning with a trainer, then 2 hrs of school, then to the gym, back home for 2 hrs of school and then to fields. Friday nights and weekend when in town are for socializing with friends. So you seem to over analyze everything.
            maybe he can get a virtual degree, go to a virtual college, and get a virtual job. Good luck with those virtual grand kids! Call me ten years from now - guarantee your kid will not be on the U.S.N.M.T. or playing pro soccer.

Comment

Chargers are the worst

Comment

maybe he can get a virtual degree, go to a virtual college, and get a virtual job. Good luck with those virtual grand kids! Call me ten years from now - guarantee your kid will not be on the U.S.N.M.T. or playing pro soccer.
                Considering he will have his AA by the time he is 17 I am sure he will be fine. Whats your # I'll call you

Comment

Considering he will have his AA by the time he is 17 I am sure he will be fine. Whats your # I'll call you
                  1-850-681-6810

Also, do you really only have your kid in school 4 hours a day? Nothing personal, but man that is under doing his education by about half. But I guess you can screw up your kid if you want.

Comment

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...U5-0blMXdl9IcM

Comment

1-850-681-6810

Also, do you really only have your kid in school 4 hours a day? Nothing personal, but man that is under doing his education by about half. But I guess you can screw up your kid if you want.
                      no you are wasting your kids time by sitting in classes. My child is using the most of his time to actually learn not listening to useless information. 50% of your kids day in public school is wasted. My son knows how to priorities his life without being herded like cattle. I am raising a man not a robot. Someone that can think for themselves and is independent. You might be lucky to get your over protected kid out of the house by the time they are 35 or maybe they will run as fast as they can at 18...

Comment

Sorry, but it doesn't. My kid is elite - but I don't want my kid spending two hours in a car four days a week to travel to practice, giving up a chance to experience playing for school, and missing out on tournaments because of DA rules/scheduling. Its that simple. There are no meaningful rewards in it - even for a top notch player like my kid. Scholarships are few and far between, and I can afford the tuition anyway. Play in the pros in this country? Are you kidding? I make three times what a professional soccer player makes in a bad year! The bottom line is that parents like you are lucky - you have a talented kid, apparently live near a DA program, and don't mind paying more than you should to have your kid play at that level. Congrats and good luck!
                        LOLOLOLOLOL

In your sad creepy little world I'm sure you think he is. Everyone is missing out on your lil Messi....why does nobody see his true brilliance??

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

Speaking of tools, going for the tired "Your kid isn't good enough" trope. Any one who thinks DA is only the best of the best, or encapsulates all the best players, has blinders on. Hope you don't drown on all the Koolaid you've been chugging. You're the kind of parent I avoid at all costs on the sidelines

DA parent
                          I hate people like you. You and your kid are ruining soccer.

MNT Parent

Comment

Watch just about any DA game and you'll see where 10 years of DA has gotten us. Robots. And not even the best robots. Especially at the pay to play DA clubs. There's some talent at the top of the roster but the rest can be easily interchanged with anyone at other high level clubs.
                            You make it a habit to go watch DA games instead of your sons club games???

Comment

LMAO

Sometimes they make it to easy!! Well done!

Comment

no you are wasting your kids time by sitting in classes. My child is using the most of his time to actually learn not listening to useless information. 50% of your kids day in public school is wasted. My son knows how to priorities his life without being herded like cattle. I am raising a man not a robot. Someone that can think for themselves and is independent. You might be lucky to get your over protected kid out of the house by the time they are 35 or maybe they will run as fast as they can at 18...
                                He does not look or act like a man (or even a young man).....my kid would make him go squat and pee in the corner.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X