Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You guys keep smoking the weed. This Black Rock team went 1-1-1 in the US club Nationals ( biggest joke tourney of the year)

http://clubsoccer.us/TTSchedules.asp...div=U19M01#hdg
    That's because a lot of their impact players went back home. All Blackrock was left with were average players

Comment

Black rock VS GPS MA NPL

These guys played to a 1 goal game or tie when they had all there players in the spring. Not as good as you want to believe.

Comment

These guys played to a 1 goal game or tie when they had all there players in the spring. Not as good as you want to believe.
        It is "their", not "there", retard.

Comment

The Phillips brothers (Exeter and Andover) are 2-4-2 and 3-3-1 respectively, so not looking as strong.

The Founder's league teams at the top of the standings:
          7-0-1 Berkshire
          7-1-0 Taft
          7-1-0 Avon
          7-0-2 Choate
          8-2-0 Loomis
          8-1-2 Worcester

With the exception of Taft/Avon and Taft/Berkshire, most have yet to play each other yet, so there will be collateral damage later in the season no matter what.

NMH at 5-3-1 is a longer shot this year.

Belmont looks strongest in ISL, Brooks is still #2 and Milton #3, BB&N Looking weaker at 3-3-3
          Milton and Belmont Hill are now tied for 1st place in ISL with Brooks in 2nd place. I don't think the other ISL teams have a shot.

at this point, the Class A bracket looks to be

Berkshire
          Taft
          Avon
          Choate
          Loomis
          Worcester
          Belmont Hill
          Milton

My 2 cents on the rankings. Berkshire will probably get the #1 ranking and Taft #2
          Since Milton tied Berkshire and if Milton does not have any more losses or ties, they should get #3

Comment

Milton and Belmont Hill are now tied for 1st place in ISL with Brooks in 2nd place. I don't think the other ISL teams have a shot.

at this point, the Class A bracket looks to be

Berkshire
            Taft
            Avon
            Choate
            Loomis
            Worcester
            Belmont Hill
            Milton

My 2 cents on the rankings. Berkshire will probably get the #1 ranking and Taft #2
            Since Milton tied Berkshire and if Milton does not have any more losses or ties, they should get #3
            Seems reasonable. BH and Milton still have yet to play each other, so that will probably identify the higher ISL seed.

The Class A looks about right, obviously not in that order. Choate has a lot of ties, and a hard schedule upcoming. Avon has yet to play Loomis and Choate, Loomis has yet to play most of the top teams, but looks very strong. Worcester has an easier schedule coming up, so they may get the wins, but the very opaque WNEPSSA "Point scoring" system does not seem to smile upon easy schedules.

Interesting thought about the ISL seeding, it seems recently they've been put in as #7 and #8, and this year besides the game you mentioned, not a lot of crossover games to establish a league parity pivot point.

Comment

Seems reasonable. BH and Milton still have yet to play each other, so that will probably identify the higher ISL seed.

The Class A looks about right, obviously not in that order. Choate has a lot of ties, and a hard schedule upcoming. Avon has yet to play Loomis and Choate, Loomis has yet to play most of the top teams, but looks very strong. Worcester has an easier schedule coming up, so they may get the wins, but the very opaque WNEPSSA "Point scoring" system does not seem to smile upon easy schedules.

Interesting thought about the ISL seeding, it seems recently they've been put in as #7 and #8, and this year besides the game you mentioned, not a lot of crossover games to establish a league parity pivot point.
              Yeah but the Milton vs Berkshire tie at Loomis (neutral venue) should give them several points. All teams seem vulnerable though. There is no clear indisputable winner (as the scores indicate).

Comment

Yeah but the Milton vs Berkshire tie at Loomis (neutral venue) should give them several points. All teams seem vulnerable though. There is no clear indisputable winner (as the scores indicate).
                Absolutely.

Comment

I suspect that they were seeded #7 last year in large part due to their 4-0 loss to Berkshire at Loomis and their six ties (three against ISL teams). ending the season at 11-2-6. This year they are currently 8-1-2 with a tie with Berkshire. If they don't lose or tie going forward (which is going to be very challenging as they have a tough schedule), I think they should get at least a #3 or #4 ranking in the tournament.

Comment

Look at Berkshires schedule and think you'll say WA's is harder! WA, Choate and Loomis play 13 class A games and they would be 14 of the 23 schools. Class A division so the rest must be playing more B's

Comment

Look at Berkshires schedule and think you'll say WA's is harder! WA, Choate and Loomis play 13 class A games and they would be 14 of the 23 schools. Class A division so the rest must be playing more B's
                      I'm sure you have a point. But I really have no idea what you're saying.

Comment

Advice needed: my son's in prep school and plans to keep playing club soccer in the winter and spring. Do any of you have any advice about what (required) winter/spring school sports are most compatible with club soccer? TIA

Comment

Chess club 😉

Comment

Advice needed: my son's in prep school and plans to keep playing club soccer in the winter and spring. Do any of you have any advice about what (required) winter/spring school sports are most compatible with club soccer? TIA
                            Fitness
                            Any club sports

He will never be able to do it if he's on a JV or varsity team. Our son is a 5th former and has played varsity soccer for 3 years

Comment

Whatever sport it is, is going to have practice every day, and games Wed and Sat, or whatever days your league plays. Consider a "noncompetitive" option (theater, yearbook, etc.) for a season. You'll need to be a day student, and have really understanding club coach. You WILL miss practices, and probably some games.

That said, we did it all four years. Brutal.

Comment

My son did the Media team. there were a ton people and could make it work. Media was both winter and spring

A friend of his did squash

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X