Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You never know ?

Youth soccer and talent and who is good enough depends on many different things. My daughter went through the system where she started late and joined teams and those teams had her riding the bench because she was not of the group that had succeeded before climate. Well after many a team change, and club as well she was given an offer to play for a Div 1 team. And she was not a starter on her club team . Life goes on my friends. Let the coaches be coaches and the crazy parents be crazy, she rose through the hell of it and plays Div 1 soccer.

If your daughter has the skills and the drive it may happen.Mt daughter wanted to quit several times because of the coaches. But thank the LORD she found her way and is so happy now.

Coaches can make people quit, parents can go crazy, but when you make the right steps things may happen.

Best part, of all the players that started above her back then ,, none are playing Div 1 soccer !

So never give up the faith my friends .

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Youth soccer and talent and who is good enough depends on many different things. My daughter went through the system where she started late and joined teams and those teams had her riding the bench because she was not of the group that had succeeded before climate. Well after many a team change, and club as well she was given an offer to play for a Div 1 team. And she was not a starter on her club team . Life goes on my friends. Let the coaches be coaches and the crazy parents be crazy, she rose through the hell of it and plays Div 1 soccer.

If your daughter has the skills and the drive it may happen.Mt daughter wanted to quit several times because of the coaches. But thank the LORD she found her way and is so happy now.

Coaches can make people quit, parents can go crazy, but when you make the right steps things may happen.

Best part, of all the players that started above her back then ,, none are playing Div 1 soccer !

Congratulations to your DD. Many coaches aren't good at identifying talent. Soccer is a subjective sport.

Comment

Hmmmmm, sounds familiar. My dd had a moronic coach who was at Southside whose name started with a K, both first and last name, and who somehow found a job at Pacific, who insisted my dd not start and if she ever started only played part of the game while others played the entire game. Oddly, she changed clubs and became an immediate starter on her new team and never came out. She received multiple D1 offers and is now playing D1. I suspect ole K.K. is still meandering some sideline still and remains clueless about the game.

Comment

Hmmmmm, sounds familiar. My dd had a moronic coach who was at Southside whose name started with a K, both first and last name, and who somehow found a job at Pacific, who insisted my dd not start and if she ever started only played part of the game while others played the entire game. Oddly, she changed clubs and became an immediate starter on her new team and never came out. She received multiple D1 offers and is now playing D1. I suspect ole K.K. is still meandering some sideline still and remains clueless about the game.
        Funny how perspectives work. My Daughter had him last year as a coach in ECNL. We loved him as a coach. Girls loved playing for him.

Comment

Funny how perspectives work. My Daughter had him last year as a coach in ECNL. We loved him as a coach. Girls loved playing for him.
          Funny how some posters like the guy above feel the need to turn a general thread into one bashing clubs or coaches.

Not all coaches will get it right, sometimes there's just poor chemistry, sometimes a poor fit with the competitive level and the player's skills. Find the best fit for your player in terms of skill and coaching, throw in a lot of hard work on their part, and things usually sort themselves out in the end.

Comment

And how many games did you win and what was the overall goal differential? I'm sure it wasn't pretty.

Comment

And how many games did you win and what was the overall goal differential? I'm sure it wasn't pretty.
              Colleges don't offer scholarships to teams.

Comment

Truth!!

Players are extremely dependent on coaches for opportunity. This is even more pronounced in college. The coach can make or break you. If they don't play you then it will be difficult to make an impact.

One of my older daughters friends plays college soccer. She was highly recruited, picked a college and committed when she was really young. The year before she graduated the coaching staff that picked her was fired. The college honored the scholarship but apparently the new coaching staff simply were not that in to her. They started her a couple of games and would play her a few minutes here and there. She made the decision to quit the team and look for a better fit.

Her parents were very stressed out. I guess you can't reach out to other colleges until you have a release. This girl was the super star all the way through high school and club soccer. It was an eye opener for us that she wasn't getting much playing time.

The player quit the team and immediately found a different one. The experience at the second school was night and day from the first. She is once again doing amazing and is a impact player.

One coach's throw away is another coach's leader. Never give up!!!

Comment

Similar experience but not to the D1 level. Daughter had played, one of the original founding members on a team at a well known westside club. She had success early. She started and played a lot (majority of most games)....got a new coach and for whatever reason, my dd and the coach were like oil and water. They DID NOT click at all. Coach rode her hard, all season long. Very verbal, yelled, screamed, thought dd could do NOTHING right. We had a change of heart, switched clubs and it was like her love affair with soccer returned. New coaches were much more nurturing....hard but fair. They expected a LOT out of her but didn't belittle her or yell or embarrass her. She got her confidence back and now loves the game again. Sometimes, a change of clubs is great. A change of scenery is a good thing. This coach has risen up the ranks and now is the DOC of the former club. I cannot stand this person and I know that the coach/DOC has driven a LOT of others away. Board is too chicken to let the coach/DOC go because of the 'fantastic' resume. Just because they have this level or that level or this certificate or that certificate does not necessarily mean they can coach or evaluate or even are nice people.....

Stick with it, find or try a new club, get advice/opinions from those that you trust or know. Never give up due to one lousy coach or one lousy experience.

Comment

Similar experience but not to the D1 level. Daughter had played, one of the original founding members on a team at a well known westside club. She had success early. She started and played a lot (majority of most games)....got a new coach and for whatever reason, my dd and the coach were like oil and water. They DID NOT click at all. Coach rode her hard, all season long. Very verbal, yelled, screamed, thought dd could do NOTHING right. We had a change of heart, switched clubs and it was like her love affair with soccer returned. New coaches were much more nurturing....hard but fair. They expected a LOT out of her but didn't belittle her or yell or embarrass her. She got her confidence back and now loves the game again. Sometimes, a change of clubs is great. A change of scenery is a good thing. This coach has risen up the ranks and now is the DOC of the former club. I cannot stand this person and I know that the coach/DOC has driven a LOT of others away. Board is too chicken to let the coach/DOC go because of the 'fantastic' resume. Just because they have this level or that level or this certificate or that certificate does not necessarily mean they can coach or evaluate or even are nice people.....

Stick with it, find or try a new club, get advice/opinions from those that you trust or know. Never give up due to one lousy coach or one lousy experience.
                    So what you're saying is that your DD was big and fast early on but without much skill. When the new coach expected skill improvement and it didn't happen, you got your panties in a wad and left for a lower level team where kick-and-chase was acceptable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X