CDL vs USA League

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totally disagree with your argument. I want my kid to play in a league that challenges them, not what is most convenient for the coach (because they are coaching more than 1 team) or what is convenient for me (because I have 2 kids playing). I would be much happier traveling and spending more time during my day than sitting and watching blow out games. Sorry, but the team is paying the coaches fees, and it is their job to take them to the highest level they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You are correct that CDL is much weaker than before. NPL/FPL has pulled most of the top teams from CDL clubs to that league. FSPL as well. Some teams do play in both NPL/CDL and a couple FSPL as well, but not a lot to keep the level up to where it was.

That being said. The current level will only dive more if USA clubs can offer something better than CDL. For the Premier level, yes. Otherwise no. The CDL clubs will not let CDL die, because with all the other leagues they are in. CDL still gives them a place for a coach of multiple teams to be at one field for most of the games. USA can't offer this because of the number of clubs. Also, most of the 2nd teams players/families just want to play. Continue soccer, but with out the div 1 responsibility. Why go to USA club for that. You could have two kids in two different age groups. Why split them up down south and up north when they can be at the same away field. The Level CDL is at not is probably where it will stay or it will morph in to a new league.

Only reason you should be at a USA club is if on a Premier team (and didn't make a CDL clubs A team), Nearest CDL club is to far, or fees to high for your budget at a CDL club.
      So play crappy teams so the coaches at the CDL clubs can have multiple teams and make it more convenient for them and for parents who choose not to travel to several locations on the weekend? That's a weak arguement but I do know what you are saying I just don't thinks it's a good enough reason. CDL either needs to go back to it's orginal concept or get out of the business of running it's own league. Open it up to only qualified teams, regulate up and down between divisions and everyone opt out of USA. FYSA will then change the system or fall apart.

Comment

totally disagree with your argument. I want my kid to play in a league that challenges them, not what is most convenient for the coach (because they are coaching more than 1 team) or what is convenient for me (because I have 2 kids playing). I would be much happier traveling and spending more time during my day than sitting and watching blow out games. Sorry, but the team is paying the coaches fees, and it is their job to take them to the highest level they can.
        this is really funny. we loved the CDL in its early days, and one reason was that all 4 of my kids would be playing at the same field on the same day. Remember, soccer is suppose to be fun for SOMEONE, and it gave my kids an opportunity to not only watch their siblings, but to watch other age teams play. This is also about learning. Also in the earlier days the CDL was more exclusive and the competition was much better. Now it is a little more watered down, but teams /clubs can compensate with that by being in more than the one league. also remember that it is not only what league you play in, but your quality of coaching that can make or break your team. If you are at a club that has access to the CDL, and/or NPL, you are with a club that is thinking about taking teams to the next level. If you are at a club that thinks that these other league are just about making money, and they believe that staying in the USA or other like league is fine, we'll I won't say they are scamming you, but it will be a long grind for your team to get good enough to make a serious run at SC. You must continue to seek out any teams/clubs and play against those that have an advantage over your team.

Comment

Not arguing. It is fact on the coaches side and most CDL club parents I know on the B team don't want blow outs, but want the easy travel schedule. There are the few players that still want to make it to the top team, but most by U13 know where they stand and just want to keep playing. The ones that didn't make the A team and think they should be on a A team, would of left to USA if that was the case

Now if you are talking about driven kids to be better and play at the top level, there is little reason to be on a USA club team and should be looking beyond USA and CDL. After U13 if you are trying to improve the Tampa leagues landscape, you are not really looking to challenging the kids.

Should CDL go away? Maybe, but this will not send the CDL clubs best teams to USA. They will not give up NPL for USA. There will just be more B level teams in USA which already regulates teams. In the long run you will not be challenging your kid.

Comment

Simple solution

Have regional leagues and then state league. Spread out the season and r dice the useless tournaments.

Preseason tournament for seeding
            Regional promotion/relegation
            State league promotion/relegation

This gives small clubs with a few quality teams a chance to thrive long term. CDL exist only to avoid playing the better small club teams under 12. They don't want you to know its not the club it's the quality of the coaching offered. USA could merge with CDL it is best for region and talent and all clubs regardless of size. Let the prove it on the pitch.

Comment

Stop the insanity

At u14 what % of DA and state competitive NPL players came from USA? Those quality kids left USA by u10. This entire conversation is insane. USA produces high school players, maybe. If you're a parent with a talented young USA player, for the love of God.....move on.

Comment

At u14 what % of DA and state competitive NPL players came from USA? Those quality kids left USA by u10. This entire conversation is insane. USA produces high school players, maybe. If you're a parent with a talented young USA player, for the love of God.....move on.
                why don't you look at FSPL results this year thus far to make that assertion. region c look at the teams that won region cup u12 age and under. also, look at the players getting selected for odp/academy. coaching and training is what is making the difference not the league.

Comment

why don't you look at FSPL results this year thus far to make that assertion. region c look at the teams that won region cup u12 age and under. also, look at the players getting selected for odp/academy. coaching and training is what is making the difference not the league.
                  Yes, look at DA and ODP.......are you really debating this? stop sign please. How many u16 DA players in Florida were developed at a USA club? are you F'ing kidding me?

Comment

What's laughable, U-15, Dynamo, CDL, USA?
                    it's all irrelevant anyway, Dynamo will be absorbed by TBU next season, won't miss the orange jerseys.

Comment

it's all irrelevant anyway, Dynamo will be absorbed by TBU next season, won't miss the orange jerseys.
                      Nothing happening between dynamo and TBU,sorry. However look for dynamo and fishhawk to merge and move away from dynamo affiliation. Then look for that club to pick away at WFF until a complete reversal of quality and numbers

Comment

When I think of the USA League, I think of rotten clubs like GTBFC, PCU, Tampa Rangers, Celtic.

Comment

ooooh, now that's an original statement you have never posted 1000 times before. troll

Comment

Nothing happening between dynamo and TBU,sorry. However look for dynamo and fishhawk to merge and move away from dynamo affiliation. Then look for that club to pick away at WFF until a complete reversal of quality and numbers
                            Heard the same thing, can't wait.

Comment

Heard the same thing, can't wait.
                              What will be the name of this master club and who will be the doc? Ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Just play who cares what league ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X