Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You must admit there are some not so good teams in NPL. I am all for FSPL, NPL, CDL but when teams that shouldn't be there are allowed to play it hurts the league and image as a premier league. Look at USA D1... Though it wasn't the greatest at least you had teams of relative close competition levels. Not so much anymore and same goes for CDL, NPL and to a lesser extent FSPL when FYSA changed the rules that teams other than round of 16 teams can join. This was partly done because many of the top teams were opting out to play R3PL instead. So CDL and NPL have become a joke. There are the few teams at the top and then everyone else. It's disappointing.
    I agree with most of what you post except your FSPL comment. I think you will find the non State Cup Final 16 teams that were admitted generally fall to the middle of the pack -- not the bottom. Competition is also very strong in FSPL D2 -- far more parity than local leagues.

Comment

"CDL tries to cover this up by making the USA guest team wear the uniform of the CDL club."

Simply not true, we see the U16G celtic who play under the Clearwater Chargers CDL tag and we still see the horrible green stripes (and that's the home jersey, their away jersey is even worse) and not the iconic Ronald McDonald gold of Clearwater.
      I think the point is that most decent USA teams will go at great lengths to get into Cdl. I for one see little difference after u13 because those Cdl clubs do place their 2nd or 3rd teams in that league.....which then puts them on par with USA. Prior to u13 it's not even close and shouldn't be debated.

Comment

From U9-U12, It's not even close. Only about 10% of USA teams can compete with CDL teams. Hands down. From U13, it changes. There's DA, U12's playing up, etc..

Comment

I agree with most of what you post except your FSPL comment. I think you will find the non State Cup Final 16 teams that were admitted generally fall to the middle of the pack -- not the bottom. Competition is also very strong in FSPL D2 -- far more parity than local leagues.
          FSPL is probably the most consistant league in the state since they tend to keep the standard high. There are a few... but not many teams that don't belong I would agree. I say get rid of FSPL D2 since it will eventually lead to what is happening in CDL and NPL. Both leagues have lower standards and are now a farce of a league(s). Keep the standards high for being accepted into FSPL. CDL and NPL have ruined the image they once had by accepting/allowing non-qualified teams to be in their leagues.

Comment

Guess there can be something said for the concept of a "qualifying" league, or relegation league. FSPL is the most competitive one out there right now, and is because FYSA finally stepped up and created a true league based on a TEAMS performance, not a clubs affiliation.

Comment

From U9-U12, It's not even close. Only about 10% of USA teams can compete with CDL teams. Hands down. From U13, it changes. There's DA, U12's playing up, etc..
              So at U-12/11 they don't play State Cup, right? Last years Region Cup U-11 & 12, Division 1 & 2 had a total of 32 teams in the Final Four, correct?

Last years Final Four U-11 &12 - 20 teams USA, 9 teams CDL, 3 teams SWFL.

Comment

This is laughable. One very minor step up and Dynamo showcases this bad in CDL?

U-15 Girls
                Houston Dynamo
                CDL 1 win, 2 ties, 2 losses 6 GF, 10 GA
                USA D1 6 wins, 1 tie, 1 loss 28 GF, 8 GA

Comment

This is laughable. One very minor step up and Dynamo showcases this bad in CDL?

U-15 Girls
                  Houston Dynamo
                  CDL 1 win, 2 ties, 2 losses 6 GF, 10 GA
                  USA D1 6 wins, 1 tie, 1 loss 28 GF, 8 GA
                  What's laughable, U-15, Dynamo, CDL, USA?

Comment

So at U-12/11 they don't play State Cup, right? Last years Region Cup U-11 & 12, Division 1 & 2 had a total of 32 teams in the Final Four, correct?

Last years Final Four U-11 &12 - 20 teams USA, 9 teams CDL, 3 teams SWFL.
                    This may make your 12 year old son feel good but for the rest of the planet.....

Comment

This may make your 12 year old son feel good but for the rest of the planet.....
                      Last I checked we were talking about CDL-USA at earlier ages - nothing planetary about it -try keeping up

Comment

They are about equal on the field, very little difference since many of the top clubs in the CDL send their 2nd or 3rd string teams to play in the CDL. The one big difference is that the CDL has the ability to keep bad clubs from becoming league members, clubs such as PCU, Celtic and GTBFC are not welcome in the CDL for multiple reasons.

Comment

Cdl

I have no inside information. I have been told that one of the requirements for CDL is that the club must be able to fill two two teams for each age group. Looking at the list of teams I see exceptions for almost every club. They fill the empty spots with additional teams from other CDL clubs or sometimes invite a non-cdl club to fill a spot.

Comment

CDL is not as strong as it was - and will continue to drop

I have no inside information. I have been told that one of the requirements for CDL is that the club must be able to fill two two teams for each age group. Looking at the list of teams I see exceptions for almost every club. They fill the empty spots with additional teams from other CDL clubs or sometimes invite a non-cdl club to fill a spot.
                            And thusly, the league is weaker ... not due to inviting outside teams in ... but if you take a closer look all of the top teams from the CDL clubs are playing in higher level leagues. That leaves these great CDL clubs in a position to place there 2nd and 3rd teams into CDL and when they can't do that they invite teams in ...

This weakens the concept of the CDL league. What non-CDL clubs should do is stay in the USA League and let the CDL league continue to dive - and it will. This works if the USA league starts to insist on quality coaches in the top division. Similar to what the State Cup mandates and what Region C is working towards. You must have a "D" license coaching the team in the Premier Division ... that would help improve the quality of the USA League.

Comment

They are about equal on the field, very little difference since many of the top clubs in the CDL send their 2nd or 3rd string teams to play in the CDL. The one big difference is that the CDL has the ability to keep bad clubs from becoming league members, clubs such as PCU, Celtic and GTBFC are not welcome in the CDL for multiple reasons.
                              CDL is becoming a joke even amongst USA parents. CDL started out well but over the years they have steadily ruined the level of competition by placing their 2nd and 3rd teams into the league. Get rid of CDL and bring in regulating teams up and down from division to division. Thus the weaker teams will play appropriate competition and the stronger teams will play consistly stronger teams week in and week out. Right now you have CDL, USA and NPL with a few strong dominating teams and then the rest of the teams that are getting domolished week in and week out by the stronger teams. Doesn't help the stronger teams and it's no fun for the weaker teams. There is enough quality teams in the Tampa Bay area to make a great league for all levels but CDL wants their own league, USA has deminished over the years and now with NPL it's all a joke. FYSA needs to get over itself and start making changes to correct these issues.

Comment

And thusly, the league is weaker ... not due to inviting outside teams in ... but if you take a closer look all of the top teams from the CDL clubs are playing in higher level leagues. That leaves these great CDL clubs in a position to place there 2nd and 3rd teams into CDL and when they can't do that they invite teams in ...

This weakens the concept of the CDL league. What non-CDL clubs should do is stay in the USA League and let the CDL league continue to dive - and it will. This works if the USA league starts to insist on quality coaches in the top division. Similar to what the State Cup mandates and what Region C is working towards. You must have a "D" license coaching the team in the Premier Division ... that would help improve the quality of the USA League.
                                You are correct that CDL is much weaker than before. NPL/FPL has pulled most of the top teams from CDL clubs to that league. FSPL as well. Some teams do play in both NPL/CDL and a couple FSPL as well, but not a lot to keep the level up to where it was.

That being said. The current level will only dive more if USA clubs can offer something better than CDL. For the Premier level, yes. Otherwise no. The CDL clubs will not let CDL die, because with all the other leagues they are in. CDL still gives them a place for a coach of multiple teams to be at one field for most of the games. USA can't offer this because of the number of clubs. Also, most of the 2nd teams players/families just want to play. Continue soccer, but with out the div 1 responsibility. Why go to USA club for that. You could have two kids in two different age groups. Why split them up down south and up north when they can be at the same away field. The Level CDL is at not is probably where it will stay or it will morph in to a new league.

Only reason you should be at a USA club is if on a Premier team (and didn't make a CDL clubs A team), Nearest CDL club is to far, or fees to high for your budget at a CDL club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X