Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Numerous threads have debated whether the players who start the most athletic end up the most athletic. Most do agree players need purposeful engagement at or above "their" level of play to develop, whether it be rec or elite. When clubs come together more elite players can come together for a higher team training environment. Not every player can be a Mia or Donovan, however a player's potential is unknowable given years of hard work and dedication. Let's stop believing some kids muddy the waters or American soccer will not rise.
    I agree with you.
    Most important part of coaching / training is to provide that quality service. If the service providers cheat you, them make sure to close their services. Do not worry about the results.
    We all know these service providers themselves do not have even fraction of what it is required but belittle and promote laziness. Have your own curriculum and just work on that.

There are 100,000 of businesses a year going in bankruptcy, but there are 100,000 new started every year in the USA!

Comment

Numerous threads have debated whether the players who start the most athletic end up the most athletic. Most do agree players need purposeful engagement at or above "their" level of play to develop, whether it be rec or elite. When clubs come together more elite players can come together for a higher team training environment. Not every player can be a Mia or Donovan, however a player's potential is unknowable given years of hard work and dedication. Let's stop believing some kids muddy the waters or American soccer will not rise.
      The waters have been muddy for a long time now. Tell me why we should keep it that way. I'm sure there is always an exception, in terms of late bloomers but our system is not working.
      I'm not talking about a Mia, that one is easy to spot;)

Comment

How do you measure talent? In most countries by U12 the soccer guys will tell you to go play baseball because soccer is not for you...here we keep taking their money!!!
        Very true statement !

Comment

If there is no talent in the USA then why even try ! I will never believe that is no talent in the USA and I refuse to think that our kids cannot ever be anything like or near the top stars internationally . I will push and continue to give my child and any child the support that they can be great even if they are american no matter what!

Comment

how about we go back and play rec?? The cost would go down tremendously; why are all these kids playing COMPETETIVE SPORTS? TO MAKE MOM AND DAD PROUD? The solution is farther away then we think, parents are the big problem. How many times we here; my 8 yo wants to be a professional soccer player and I will do everything in my power to help him get there. Really? the kid is still craping his pants....hahahahahah...stop the madness!!!
            IT IS REC with another name and fancy uniforms. All you do is travel to play other rec teams instead of your local ones. Most of the teams even have the token parent coach too. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Comment

IT IS REC with another name and fancy uniforms. All you do is travel to play other rec teams instead of your local ones. Most of the teams even have the token parent coach too. A fool and their money are soon parted.
              Yes, sadly, too many starry-eyed-parent fools that have been told that if their kids and themselves are devoted, they will get into the promise land (scholarships in college, MLS, European opportunities)….its so sad because when it doesn't happen (for which it would never), the DOC or coach tells them that they did not work hard enough, did not sacrifice enough, needed to spend more time out of state for showcases.

Travel is nothing more than a scam; very, very, very few in the US go someplace (Nationals, MLS, Professional); mostly, they all come full circle and train and coach….cycle repeated.

Comment

Yes, sadly, too many starry-eyed-parent fools that have been told that if their kids and themselves are devoted, they will get into the promise land (scholarships in college, MLS, European opportunities)….its so sad because when it doesn't happen (for which it would never), the DOC or coach tells them that they did not work hard enough, did not sacrifice enough, needed to spend more time out of state for showcases.

Travel is nothing more than a scam; very, very, very few in the US go someplace (Nationals, MLS, Professional); mostly, they all come full circle and train and coach….cycle repeated.
                I would beg to differ that.

Comment

and if they do go full circle, what is wrong with that? isnt that how the passion and love fo rthe game is passed on?

Comment

AGREED! They will be a pro in the US if they are lucky. Not going to Europe.

Comment

and if they do go full circle, what is wrong with that? isnt that how the passion and love fo rthe game is passed on?
                      yes it is. agree. why is it necessary to go pro anyway? sure it is a great goal.. if you are regional or national player. but that's like saying no one should run for county school board member (or wherever) if they can't be US Pres. seriously people. There is nothing wrong with NOT having this as a goal.

Comment

How do you measure talent? In most countries by U12 the soccer guys will tell you to go play baseball because soccer is not for you...here we keep taking their money!!!
                        you have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

you have no idea what you are talking about
                          You too blah blah blah !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X