Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Out of state parent laughing at you. ECNL is not about games and "winning" a meaningless game against an opponent that maybe has one player talented enough to make an ECNL team.

ECNL is about development of the player and the team. It focuses its energy on training and technique not on games. Look in Washington almost all ECNL teams play up a bracket in their age groups and compete well against those opponents.

If you are making ECNL about games you don't get why your daughter or player would want to participate in ECNL.
    Oregon parent here laughing at why you would spend any time on here telling people how much you know. Go buy some of that local legal weed that you now have and enjoy some special time with your ECNL player.

Comment

To take that one step further, the soccer itself doesn't really matter. If you think it does, you are missing the point completely. It's about developing a person and a team to be something that it is not already today.

Think about it. If you are thinking about soccer, then you are off track and should re-evaluate why you are involved.
      Spot on. It's not about soccer at all. They have training classes on etiquette and eloquence. They mix in MMA training to improve their competitiveness. They throw them into the forest with only a knife to help build their survival skills. They make them write 20 page papers overnight, complete with footnotes. Leadership classes with public speaking training is also given. It's about preparing these young ladies for all that they will face in life. It's so much more than soccer, it's life training.

Comment

I sincerely doubt they are playing friendlies against older boys teams, unless they are C teams. Most U15 boys teams would flat out spank a U14 girls team, and I don't mean on their behinds.
        That's the point. Win, lose, draw or spanked, you want to challenge them. That way they are use to the speed and physicality of play. If they continued playing at OPL/OYSA spring season speed, they are not going to get better.

It was a group of U15 boys (a and b teams mixed) that I attended. I believe there was another friendly with boys, but I was not there.

Comment

That's the point. Win, lose, draw or spanked, you want to challenge them. That way they are use to the speed and physicality of play. If they continued playing at OPL/OYSA spring season speed, they are not going to get better.

It was a group of U15 boys (a and b teams mixed) that I attended. I believe there was another friendly with boys, but I was not there.
          Oh…"a friendly with boys"…did they play spin the bottle?

Comment

To take that one step further, the soccer itself doesn't really matter. If you think it does, you are missing the point completely. It's about developing a person and a team to be something that it is not already today.

Think about it. If you are thinking about soccer, then you are off track and should re-evaluate why you are involved.
            Exactly. All the talk of soccer and college recruiting is a distraction. When you have been around for long enough, you will figure out that inherent in the training styles are many life skills and more important things. Better things await for the ones that are not wrapped up in the details of those things.

Think about it with the future in mind.

Comment

Challenged is one thing, overwhelmed is another. Stupid arrogance on the coaches part to scrimmage boys a year older. And physicality isn't a word. You've been listening to too many football broadcasters who make up words because proper English is too difficult for them. You too.

Comment

So consistenly wrong

Challenged is one thing, overwhelmed is another. Stupid arrogance on the coaches part to scrimmage boys a year older. And physicality isn't a word. You've been listening to too many football broadcasters who make up words because proper English is too difficult for them. You too.
                From Webster's in line dictionary:

phys·i·cal·i·ty noun \ˌfi-zə-ˈka-lə-tē\
                plural phys·i·cal·i·ties

Definition of PHYSICALITY

1: intensely physical orientation : predominance of the physical usually at the expense of the mental, spiritual, or

Comment

????

From Webster's in line dictionary:

phys·i·cal·i·ty noun \ˌfi-zə-ˈka-lə-tē\
                  plural phys·i·cal·i·ties

Definition of PHYSICALITY

1: intensely physical orientation : predominance of the physical usually at the expense of the mental, spiritual, or
                  Webster's has an online dictionary. And "physicality" is not an actual word anymore than "truthiness" is. In any event, just don't be jerkful.

Comment

Webster's has an online dictionary. And "physicality" is not an actual word anymore than "truthiness" is. In any event, just don't be jerkful.
                    I didn't post the definition.

But the girls won that scrimmage. It was a 'friendly' so it doesn't mean anything. It was nice of the boys to take time to play the ladies. The Wa Premier team they played was way more 'physical' then that boys team was.

Comment

Well played. Nice smack down. Jocks in the announcers booths are helping to dumb down Americans who don't know the difference between a real word and one made up to cover for poor speaking skills.

Comment

I didn't post the definition.

But the girls won that scrimmage. It was a 'friendly' so it doesn't mean anything. It was nice of the boys to take time to play the ladies. The Wa Premier team they played was way more 'physical' then that boys team was.
                        Must be a boys team that is completely terrible. That's a team that should just fold.

Comment

Well played. Nice smack down. Jocks in the announcers booths are helping to dumb down Americans who don't know the difference between a real word and one made up to cover for poor speaking skills.
                          Like we can't tell you are replying to your own posts.

Or were you so drunk when you posted this the first time you forgot who wrote it?

Comment

Like we can't tell you are replying to your own posts.

Or were you so drunk when you posted this the first time you forgot who wrote it?
                            Actually I wish I had posted it. I applaud he who did. Your a real thinkererer aren't you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X