Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you write the coaches and they are looking to fill your position and they are at the event they will come. Not going to happen playing in the FWRL.
    So says the father of a girl who is mediocre. Sorry bud. But you are very wrong. That is if you have a girl who is really good. But then again if your daughter is just ok, then why do ECNL?

Comment

So says the father of a girl who is mediocre. Sorry bud. But you are very wrong. That is if you have a girl who is really good. But then again if your daughter is just ok, then why do ECNL?

^^^^^^^^Clueless^^^^^^^^^^^Clueless^^^^^^^^^^^Clue less^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

$800 per MONTH?? That's a LIE. It's about $8200 per year divided by 11 months and it's only $745 per month. You bad people will do anything won't you?
        Wow, did you look at your numbers? $745 is not $800, but for the anger in your post I would think it is pretty close...maybe that $605 difference makes it all affordable to you...I tend to focus on $8200. That is too much to pay for a locally unproven commodity.

Comment

No it can't. The anti ECNL started long before the academy lash back. Additionally it is obvious the academy is the Timberz response to not getting into the ECNL. Yes they tried. No they were not accepted.

So the hate started from the Timbers. The ECNL crowed are fighting back. Both should be accepted as good opportunities for girls. But don't pretend this didn't start from the Timbers.
          I think your time machine is broken. Before ECNL, the hate warfare started from OPL attacking TA/OYSA. It sadly is the only game OPL knows...first they hated Chuck, then they hated Gavin( one of their own) then they hated the TA, and now they are hating the thorns academy...hate is the tool OPL uses.

What is sad is it influences all of their customers, and turns the dialogue into a cat fight. The hatred I have seen go towards ECNL is much more a reaction to all the chest pumping...I don't see it as hatred when someone looks at their families budget and analyzes if $8,200 a year is worth the investment especially with all the soft costs.

If you want to pin the hatred somewhere you need to be looking at OPL.

Comment

If you write the coaches and they are looking to fill your position and they are at the event they will come. Not going to happen playing in the FWRL.
            WAIT...You actually have to do something to get recruited...I thought just sewing the ECNL patch on her jersey would guarantee my child was given a full ride at a top program. Now you say I have to contact the coaches first?

I thought it was all done for me.

Comment

WAIT...You actually have to do something to get recruited...I thought just sewing the ECNL patch on her jersey would guarantee my child was given a full ride at a top program. Now you say I have to contact the coaches first?

I thought it was all done for me.

That is the great thing about ECNL events, the coach from the team you are interested in will likely have the option to come and watch. Unlike the pay for what you get (nothing) academy.

Comment

Wow, did you look at your numbers? $745 is not $800, but for the anger in your post I would think it is pretty close...maybe that $605 difference makes it all affordable to you...I tend to focus on $8200. That is too much to pay for a locally unproven commodity.
                Stop it. You're being intentionally deceptive. The ECNL club fee is $2,000. The remainder is related to travel. You pay when you travel which is required for the level of competition ECNL affords you. ECNL is proven. The local ECNL clubs are new but the hyperbole and conjecture is people like you being deceitful.

Comment

That is the great thing about ECNL events, the coach from the team you are interested in will likely have the option to come and watch. Unlike the pay for what you get (nothing) academy.
                  Too bad they will look at out Oregon girls on the ECNL teams and say "why bother."

Comment

Stop it. You're being intentionally deceptive. The ECNL club fee is $2,000. The remainder is related to travel. You pay when you travel which is required for the level of competition ECNL affords you. ECNL is proven. The local ECNL clubs are new but the hyperbole and conjecture is people like you being deceitful.
                    Yes, it's $2,000 and nothing more. But of course all that gets you is the local games. Oh sure, the coach is going to be thrilled to play your dd when you opt out of traveling. And I'm sure the coaches will line the fields of THPRD to watch our teams play.

Comment

I think your time machine is broken. Before ECNL, the hate warfare started from OPL attacking TA/OYSA. It sadly is the only game OPL knows...first they hated Chuck, then they hated Gavin( one of their own) then they hated the TA, and now they are hating the thorns academy...hate is the tool OPL uses.

What is sad is it influences all of their customers, and turns the dialogue into a cat fight. The hatred I have seen go towards ECNL is much more a reaction to all the chest pumping...I don't see it as hatred when someone looks at their families budget and analyzes if $8,200 a year is worth the investment especially with all the soft costs.

If you want to pin the hatred somewhere you need to be looking at OPL.
                      Wrong again. The Timbers started the propaganda war. They attacked the OPL. In fact, the OPL stayed quiet far too long which really showed their lack of leadership.

Gavin, Cony, Bain, were Kyle key people who created the OPL. They are the same people who pulled everyone back to OYSA. They are the same people who want to manipulate and profit from youth soccer. Their motives this time are no different from when they originally created the OPL. The saddest part is that all the non TA clubs who moved back will eventually get squeezed out because it is also the Timbers plan to force consolidation. So basically to force out non TA clubs.

Comment

Yes, it's $2,000 and nothing more. But of course all that gets you is the local games. Oh sure, the coach is going to be thrilled to play your dd when you opt out of traveling. And I'm sure the coaches will line the fields of THPRD to watch our teams play.
                        You are clearly angry and desperate to prove your point which is misguided. There is nothing wrong if you choose to not participate. There is also nothing for you to gain with your anonymous campaign against it either,

Comment

You are clearly angry and desperate to prove your point which is misguided. There is nothing wrong if you choose to not participate. There is also nothing for you to gain with your anonymous campaign against it either,
                          What are you talking about? There are an entire bunch of people here posting the reality of ECNL so that people actually get the facts rather than the fallacy from people like you. Knowing you get your panties all in a wad over it is just icing on the cake.

Comment

What are you talking about? There are an entire bunch of people here posting the reality of ECNL so that people actually get the facts rather than the fallacy from people like you. Knowing you get your panties all in a wad over it is just icing on the cake.
                            Unless you represent one of the ECNL clubs you don't have any facts, just your opinion.

Comment

Unless you represent one of the ECNL clubs you don't have any facts, just your opinion.
                              Check the flight costs out of Portland. They aren't pretty. Check the scores for CO, Thusc and FCP when they play out of state, they aren't pretty.

Comment

Check the flight costs out of Portland. They aren't pretty. Check the scores for CO, Thusc and FCP when they play out of state, they aren't pretty.
                                For the one hundredth time. Not only is that conjecture about teams that have not played a game but the winning is not the point. If winning was the point the better local teams would be doing OYSA where they will get next to no competition until Regionals where they get blown out because they don't regularly play that fast or against quality teams!

You prepare an athlete for the next level by challenging them and exposing them to what they need to do to get and KEEP that scholarship.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X