Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But I observe a few people on here talking about how THUSC & FCP clubs are going to suffer and their A teams will become B teams, and then their own A teams choose to play with B & C teams, I find it ironic. There is an Gold bracket regardless of how many teams are there I would think the mighty Copa teams would be there. As far as THUSC & FCP supporting this tourney, I think that's good.
    FCP hasn't started their ECNL teams yet. They're still normal teams. We are mixing our rosters like normal for the summer, Academy style training.

Crossfire also sent many teams to the tournament.

Beaverton Cup isn't the strongest local tournament but it's one of the top 3 for the area, which make is cheap for decent competition against the other local teams.

Comment

But I observe a few people on here talking about how THUSC & FCP clubs are going to suffer and their A teams will become B teams, and then their own A teams choose to play with B & C teams, I find it ironic. There is an Gold bracket regardless of how many teams are there I would think the mighty Copa teams would be there. As far as THUSC & FCP supporting this tourney, I think that's good.
      You think wrong.

Comment

You think wrong.
        You must have just woken up from your day drinking in Vantucky? Gonna get your cleats on and cheer on your team tomorrow?

Comment

FCP hasn't started their ECNL teams yet. They're still normal teams. We are mixing our rosters like normal for the summer, Academy style training.

Crossfire also sent many teams to the tournament.

Beaverton Cup isn't the strongest local tournament but it's one of the top 3 for the area, which make is cheap for decent competition against the other local teams.
          I agree, I just don't understand how they allow some of these teams playing U15 silver to play in the silver division, it seems like they should be playing in the gold division. I mean really? WT Copa g00 in silver?? it would seem to me that they should be playing gold, I hear how great Copa teams are all of the time, maybe it's just me but I would be playing in the gold division. Is this just WT setting up ringers to make sure that WT has the better chance of winning the divisions?

Comment

I agree, I just don't understand how they allow some of these teams playing U15 silver to play in the silver division, it seems like they should be playing in the gold division. I mean really? WT Copa g00 in silver?? it would seem to me that they should be playing gold, I hear how great Copa teams are all of the time, maybe it's just me but I would be playing in the gold division. Is this just WT setting up ringers to make sure that WT has the better chance of winning the divisions?
            Why is this such a big topic? I thought the 97, 98, 01, and 02 parents were the crazy TS crew. When did the 00 group show up?

Comment

Why is this such a big topic? I thought the 97, 98, 01, and 02 parents were the crazy TS crew. When did the 00 group show up?
              The 01's all packed up and moved over to Willamette so somebody had to fill the void...

Comment

Just noticed they the Copa 00 team was playing silver division and thought it was funny, after all the talk from WT about how THUSC and FCP A teams were now going to be all B & C teams after ECNL, it turns out that WT Copa wants to play against B & C teams anyway.

Comment

Just noticed they the Copa 00 team was playing silver division and thought it was funny, after all the talk from WT about how THUSC and FCP A teams were now going to be all B & C teams after ECNL, it turns out that WT Copa wants to play against B & C teams anyway.
                  I missed that conversation. Didn't realize it was WT calling us all out. Figured is was a conglomerate of TA families that was bashing out clubs.

Looking at the bracket, it looks like they moved the whole U14 Gold up to the U15 Silver.

I don't have a dog in the race, my DD is in the U15 Gold. We would've loved to have seen this younger team play up with us. We played a close game with their 15 Copa, I didn't realize they had Kony as a coach now.

Comment

I missed that conversation. Didn't realize it was WT calling us all out. Figured is was a conglomerate of TA families that was bashing out clubs.

Looking at the bracket, it looks like they moved the whole U14 Gold up to the U15 Silver.

I don't have a dog in the race, my DD is in the U15 Gold. We would've loved to have seen this younger team play up with us. We played a close game with their 15 Copa, I didn't realize they had Kony as a coach now.
                    Wow whats up with HSC impact red getting whooped up on 13 - 0, ***C G99 greens are good but HSC impact red isn't that bad. Is ***C G99 Greens their A or B team? Maybe they should be playing Gold and not Silver.

Comment

Wow whats up with HSC impact red getting whooped up on 13 - 0, ***C G99 greens are good but HSC impact red isn't that bad. Is ***C G99 Greens their A or B team? Maybe they should be playing Gold and not Silver.
                      1) HSC is not good
                      2) ***C G99 Green is the 2nd team
                      3) All Premier/NPL/Div1 (OPL/OYSA top 2 leagues) teams should be playing Gold in the local tournaments.
                      4) Parents need to see summer tournaments for what it really it: offseason training and tryout season. State Cup and Showcases are what you play for. Local tournaments are for practice

Comment

1) HSC is not good
                        2) ***C G99 Green is the 2nd team
                        3) All Premier/NPL/Div1 (OPL/OYSA top 2 leagues) teams should be playing Gold in the local tournaments.
                        4) Parents need to see summer tournaments for what it really it: offseason training and tryout season. State Cup and Showcases are what you play for. Local tournaments are for practice
                        I agree. I'm new to the club scene. Why don't they put tighter controls on this. I understand local tournaments are for practice, but then why do teams like that not want to play in Gold, you would think they would for the "practice". It seems silly to me that WT Copa G00 is playing in silver.

Comment

You need to look closer next time. That is a U14 team (thus the "G00") and they are playing in the U15 Silver division. Don't see much wrong with that.

Comment

You need to look closer next time. That is a U14 team (thus the "G00") and they are playing in the U15 Silver division. Don't see much wrong with that.

Well both THUSC teams are G00 and they are the B & C teams for THUSC. I don't think that an A team from THUSC at G00 would play in silver..... I'm pretty sure they would have played in Gold.

Comment

Well both THUSC teams are G00 and they are the B & C teams for THUSC. I don't think that an A team from THUSC at G00 would play in silver..... I'm pretty sure they would have played in Gold.
                              Nobody cares. Turn the page.

Comment

Yeah, that's my point. TA has been talking alot of smack about how THUSC A teams are now going to be B & C teams. But if you look even closer, their B & C 00 teams are in that Silver division. So what does that have to say about your A team, being in that division?? I'm still waiting for the mighty Copa team to lose to one of those B & C 00 teams that are also playing in that silver division.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X