Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Chad Barrett was already in HS and a national team player by the time he moved to Oregon.

He is from California.
    He's not better than Hurtado or Jaqua anyway. Rubin is going to be the cream of the crop anyway and there's nobody behind him that's appeared yet so it may be a while before we get another top Oregon player.

Comment

He's not better than Hurtado or Jaqua anyway. Rubin is going to be the cream of the crop anyway and there's nobody behind him that's appeared yet so it may be a while before we get another top Oregon player.
      I would probably take Barrett over Jaqua (he has scored a few more MLS goals in fewer seasons and has 1 full cap), but they are pretty close. Don't know yet about Hurtado yet, other than I (kinda of) remember him when he was skinny kid.

Thought Dyachenko (technically Washington) had the goods as well, but hasn't had quite the pro career that those other guys have.

Comment

Bu bu bu the DA the DA

Wait I thought the DA was going to develop the next great Oregonian.....whaaa Com'on Timbers

Comment

Me! I am that guy! Everyone knows him and I kill at Indoor soccer. on Sunday night!

Comment

Wait I thought the DA was going to develop the next great Oregonian.....whaaa Com'on Timbers
            The only thing the Timbers create that are great are LEMMINGS

Comment

Consistency?

The only thing the Timbers create that are great are LEMMINGS
              The Tom haters bash him because they say his success is not from developing players but recruiting already developed players.

I wonder what those same haters have to say about the DA and the Academy?

Comment

Interesting, all of these players came from before the OPL split. Back when every team played every team, and the best rose to the top. Instead of today when the teams who think they will be elite sign up for elite leagues, and never play other local teams.

Is it possible we went down the wrong road?

Maybe there is something to be said for all teams playing each other.

Comment

Interesting, all of these players came from before the OPL split. Back when every team played every team, and the best rose to the top. Instead of today when the teams who think they will be elite sign up for elite leagues, and never play other local teams.

Is it possible we went down the wrong road?

Maybe there is something to be said for all teams playing each other.
                  I don't think that one has anything to do with the other. Rubin was here after the split, but only for a year before he went to residency. Really good players only come around every few years and right now there aren't any identified players at that level. The ones who have that potential should end up in the DA and will get good training and competition.

It would be better though if all the clubs played each other instead of what we have now. The original split didn't make that big of a difference because the dominant clubs were together for the most part. Now that's obviously not the case. Making matters worse is the DA and now ECNL and Thorns Academy because that is effectively creating a three way split: OYSA, OPL, and Academy/ECNL and there aren't enough players to support all three.

Comment

Interesting

Danny is a top player from this area, but not developed here. He was already a top player before moving to OR....
                    He arrived in the United States at the age 14 in 2006.

Nice to know that he was not developed here and even more profound that now the age of player development plateau's at the age of 14.

Genius!

Comment

Really

Agreed.

She also had quite a bit of help from this relatively unknown coach when she was growing up. You may have heard of him. I think his name was Clives Charles.
                      She didn't play for Clive Charles until well past the age of 14. Which has been already established by the forum boobs as the final age when players are "developed".

Nice try.

Clive had nothing to do with her Development just like Danny Mwanga who arrived here at 14 they were finished products, right? LOL

Comment

wrong again

Chad Barrett was already in HS and a national team player by the time he moved to Oregon.

He is from California.
                        Yuma Arizona was his stop before Oregon...close kind of to California.

You idiots are amazing.

Comment

Marbull will be demanding he be Deproted

Danny is a top player from this area, but not developed here. He was already a top player before moving to OR....
                          Shssssh don't let any of the Baggers and Libertarians who regularly psot here know that he is not native born otherwise they will rush back from their efforts to block the busses of the Central American child refugees to demand that he be DEPORTED

Comment

Erik Hurtado

His name has been thrown into the discussion, which is great.

Fact is he is one that didn't 'develop' until after his freshman year in HS.

It seems like people on this forum like to re invent history to suit their opinion.

Hurtado was not relevant or 'special' until around his 16th birthday. (True)

Mwanga arrived in Oregon at age 14 but was already developed. (False)

Tiffany Millbrett began playing at University of Portland at at 18/19 and then became developed because Clive Charles was the coach. (False)

Chad Barrett was developed in California (False)

Rubio is the best ever (False).

Spin it any way you like-- these kids or now adults call themselves Oregonians.

We should be proud of them regardless of our petty and sophomoric biases.

Comment

Chad told me he was from Arizona.

Comment

Shssssh don't let any of the Baggers and Libertarians who regularly psot here know that he is not native born otherwise they will rush back from their efforts to block the busses of the Central American child refugees to demand that he be DEPORTED
                                I'd rather us give all sorts of aid to the illegal immigrants, at least they work. I'd rather us give things to the people who will go out and bust their butt rather than the homeless and ghetto residents who want handouts so they can remain lazy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X