Clear All

Troll alert

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    neither. Their teams are terrible.
    do not feed the troll

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why?

Does all of this matter that much to you and your family?
      Isn't it obvious? This OP can't let go of their ego as a parent. They try to justify that ECNL is about development and exposure for their offspring, but can't get their head around not being able to brag about "being state champion". Going an academy/ECNL route forgoes state championships. It is about getting the individual recruited. The OP's issue has nothing to do with their player, it is all about their vanity as a parent.

Comment

Isn't it obvious? This OP can't let go of their ego as a parent. They try to justify that ECNL is about development and exposure for their offspring, but can't get their head around not being able to brag about "being state champion". Going an academy/ECNL route forgoes state championships. It is about getting the individual recruited. The OP's issue has nothing to do with their player, it is all about their vanity as a parent.
        So true and obvious.

Comment

So true and obvious.
          No amount of money is too much to be able to call my daughter elite.

Comment

Original Poster

No the point of the thread is to call BS on all the trash talk from BOTH sides. Play the games and let the ladies abilities decide who is better on the pitch. That is what premier level soccer is supposed to tell us isn't? Which team/players are the best as the result of the coaching and practice?

The projections about which never formed team is better than that never formed team is male bovine excrement. Play the games let the results settle the argument about where the best coaching and development occurs. Hiding behind associations is to not play each other COWARDLY.

These game could be huge fund raisers as the tribal instincts and hatred between the OPL and the TA run deep like EPL teams. I suspect we could get a couple thousand to watch a series of games the age groups in question.

Comment

No amount of money is too much to be able to call my daughter elite.
              You will never get it...Elite is not something you can buy, you have to earn it. People who try to buy elite are what become known as posers. If that is what you want to be, have at it, but it seems like you could save the money and just tell yourself she is "elite".

Anyone who has truly worked to reach an elite level will clearly know the difference, if you don't see it, the. You aren't there.

Comment

No the point of the thread is to call BS on all the trash talk from BOTH sides. Play the games and let the ladies abilities decide who is better on the pitch. That is what premier level soccer is supposed to tell us isn't? Which team/players are the best as the result of the coaching and practice?

The projections about which never formed team is better than that never formed team is male bovine excrement. Play the games let the results settle the argument about where the best coaching and development occurs. Hiding behind associations is to not play each other COWARDLY.

These game could be huge fund raisers as the tribal instincts and hatred between the OPL and the TA run deep like EPL teams. I suspect we could get a couple thousand to watch a series of games the age groups in question.
                A game like you describe would never happen. There are many reasons to percent it, but perhaps the most obvious is both organizations unwillingness to risk losing. I also think you overrate the "hatred" element. It may be OPL folks feel that way as they get a steady stream of propaganda, but honestly I think most TA folks are just waiting for OPL to self destruct.

Comment

No hate whatsoever.... but

I also think you overrate the "hatred" element. It may be OPL folks feel that way as they get a steady stream of propaganda, but honestly I think most TA folks are just waiting for OPL to self destruct.
                  LOL do you see any contradiction in that sentence?

The TA is one half of the founding clubs of the OPL. All you are saying ei essence is GW is waiting to see if he has picked the "winning" side. The fact that there are even sides is disgusting.

Comment

A game like you describe would never happen. There are many reasons to percent it, but perhaps the most obvious is both organizations unwillingness to risk losing. I also think you overrate the "hatred" element. It may be OPL folks feel that way as they get a steady stream of propaganda, but honestly I think most TA folks are just waiting for OPL to self destruct.
                    Only a matter of time.

Comment

Only a matter of time.
                      See no hate at all!

Did you ever stop to think of the several hundred girls and boys that are being negatively affected or the coaches? Do you realize that in the end there will be no "winners" only losers?

Comment

See no hate at all!

Did you ever stop to think of the several hundred girls and boys that are being negatively affected or the coaches? Do you realize that in the end there will be no "winners" only losers?
                        preaching to the choir…I think the whole divide is stupid, and it is kept alive by the anger of a few people who don't like each other, and then the parents who are silly enough to buy into the anger. I am not pointing fingers at either side, because it exists in both camps. Reality is if enough families said stop, enough!, perhaps they BS would go away, and all of our kids could just play soccer.

Comment

preaching to the choir…I think the whole divide is stupid, and it is kept alive by the anger of a few people who don't like each other, and then the parents who are silly enough to buy into the anger. I am not pointing fingers at either side, because it exists in both camps. Reality is if enough families said stop, enough!, perhaps they BS would go away, and all of our kids could just play soccer.
                          Is it too much to ask you all just to come over to OYSA so that our academy fees will go down as there will be more money to subsidize our costs? Thank you in advance and have a blessed day. Your generosity is heart warming.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X