Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Though they are playing in the U18 age group the team is the 96 (U17) Blue Reign.

That technicality does not diminish your point about the LMITED access to Surf for Oregon girls.
    Not really. We all can agree that Oregon produces enough talent for maybe one good team per age group. Lately we've seen a lot of that talent migrate to one team and those teams are getting into Surf. Those girls are getting exposure. What do you think, they should let our lower teams in? Because you know, those teams are full of players that colleges want to see?

Comment

Anyone can go to Thanksgiving Surf if you have the money and apply. Summer Surf declines more than 200 teams per age. Both are great tourneys
      Maybe maybe not, but I know our team would have been accepted had we applied. There are about 6 teams accepted that we've beaten. Some multiple times.

Comment

So which number of Onyx does your daughter wear? Unsurprisingly Onyx parent trying to put their team up while putting other teams down.
        Our team has applied 2x for Surf and have not been accepted, but we did get into Thanksgiving.

Comment

Our team has applied 2x for Surf and have not been accepted, but we did get into Thanksgiving.
          Well, they accept 28 teams in summer, 24 at Thanksgiving. And your single example does not mean that's how it works. Now if you are talking about the little girls age groups, that might apply. But no one cares about U12.

Comment

Really? 24 spots total per age. Top 12 are in Super Group, next 12 in Gold. So I guess only 24 teams apply. Moron.
            No you are the moron. Spoke with the tournament director to get an idea of the size and scope of Surf. Tournament Director stated they get approximately 200 applicants/age for Summer Surf Cup. Not knocking Thanksgiving Surf because it is great tournament but a lot of teams want to go to San Diego and play the best. Westside Timbers can't even get accepted to Summer Surf, but hey they got 3 points at Thanksgiving

Comment

No you are the moron. Spoke with the tournament director to get an idea of the size and scope of Surf. Tournament Director stated they get approximately 200 applicants/age for Summer Surf Cup. Not knocking Thanksgiving Surf because it is great tournament but a lot of teams want to go to San Diego and play the best. Westside Timbers can't even get accepted to Summer Surf, but hey they got 3 points at Thanksgiving
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Onyx tool alert.

Comment

Who is your team?

Maybe maybe not, but I know our team would have been accepted had we applied. There are about 6 teams accepted that we've beaten. Some multiple times.
                Then you should not be ashamed to tell us who this power house team is!

Comment

Only two Oregon teams this year:

FCP Navy '98 Boys
                  THUSC Onyx Girls

So tell me again how all the girls on the non-ECNL teams in Oregon are getting big-time exposure to college coaches???
                  Surprised the academy didn't use their elite professional status to get into this years Surf.

Comment

Surprised the academy didn't use their elite professional status to get into this years Surf.
                    I'm sure some of them played at Seaside Soccer in the Sand. Doesn't that count?

Comment

FCSC G'00s are going in an see on the website

Comment

Wow, great result for FCSC G'00's

Beat Legends 2-0

That is big for pdx metro area

No results for onyx yet.

Comment

Beat Legends 2-0

No results for onyx yet.
                          Where is THUSC 00 and FC 00's? Oh thats right, they had to buy their way into getting competition......Better run than fight i suppose.

Comment

Beat Legends 2-0

No results for onyx yet.
                            Is this Tina's team? I thought she couldn't win out of state.

Comment

Beat Legends 2-0

No results for onyx yet.
                              Great job on the 1st win. This must be your first time at Surf. I will hold my comments after you play all your pool play games.

Comment

Great job on the 1st win. This must be your first time at Surf. I will hold my comments after you play all your pool play games.
                                Translation: I am waiting for you to lose so that I can tell you how medicore you are and how you don't measure up to other teams and how you don't deserve to be credited for getting to Surf and getting a win.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X