Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They just took them down. They will be up soon with all names listed. Even the local Portlandia players, all 12 of them per team.
    Which club and which age? I was out for my nightly walk, saw girls practicing at UofP so I strolled over, but it appeared to be FC Portland they had two groups, both with about 18 - 20 girls. That seems like sizable numbers.

Comment

Which club and which age? I was out for my nightly walk, saw girls practicing at UofP so I strolled over, but it appeared to be FC Portland they had two groups, both with about 18 - 20 girls. That seems like sizable numbers.
      Yeah. I was just out on my nightly walk. Best one I've heard ever. THUSC mom, take notes

Comment

Yeah. I was just out on my nightly walk. Best one I've heard ever. THUSC mom, take notes
        Well, I do live about two blocks away off of Portsmouth. My DD is at NEU, so I don't have a dog in the fight and probably won't get to ECNL level of play when the time comes. But that's what I saw. Not sure of the age groups.

Comment

Well, I do live about two blocks away off of Portsmouth. My DD is at NEU, so I don't have a dog in the fight and probably won't get to ECNL level of play when the time comes. But that's what I saw. Not sure of the age groups.
          I live nearby too. I walked over too and that's what I saw. I don't have any kids playing soccer right now so I have no preference for ECNL or Academy or CU.

Comment

I live nearby too. I walked over too and that's what I saw. I don't have any kids playing soccer right now so I have no preference for ECNL or Academy or CU.
            Conjecture and hyperbole

Comment

Conjecture and hyperbole
              Now that's humorous.

Comment

Now that's humorous.
                Stop being obtuse

Comment

Stay on topic

Rather than mixing threads about the Academy and the ECNL lets keep them separate for the benefit of the discussion.

There are several questions for the Academy that warrant discussion.

For example:

What will be the real cost of the travel schedule? (This is for you Mr. ECNL $10K) It looks like the travel budget will consume the promised $3,600 cap. What happens if it goes over? Are the Timbers going to throw more of their Academy fees into the pot or are they going to ask parents for more money?

Will the TA & OYSA Clubs support expanding to five age groups next year? Yes five because applicants were told this year there will be a U18 team next year plus a 16/17 team and a 14/15 team. With 2 ECNL teams & the Academy taking the best players what will the clubs be left with after U13?

Comment

Rather than mixing threads about the Academy and the ECNL lets keep them separate for the benefit of the discussion.

For example:

What will be the real cost of the travel schedule? (This is for you Mr. ECNL $10K) It looks like the travel budget will consume the promised $3,600 cap. What happens if it goes over? Are the Timbers going to throw more of their Academy fees into the pot or are they going to ask parents for more money?

Will the TA & OYSA Clubs support expanding to five age groups next year? Yes five because applicants were told this year there will be a U18 team next year plus a 16/17 team and a 14/15 team. With 2 ECNL teams & the Academy taking the best players what will the clubs be left with after U13?
                    Join the Thorns Academy!
                    You can join for just $3600*

*initial registration fee only, due at signing. Kit fee, training fee, tournament fee, travel fee, referee fee, equipment fee, sunny day fee, t-shirt fee, Timbers Academy fee, rainy day fee, field fee, foam finger fee, and parent fees additional and will be identified and billed monthly and in advance of practice and/or may be collected at practices weekly.

Comment

For example:

You should email Erik and ask him. Or if you wanted to know, you should have attended the meeting about the academy. Of course, if you dd isn't on the team, Erik might ignore your email and/or ask why do you want to know. I'm not sure if I'm Mr. $10K. There are a bunch of them out there, why single out one?

Comment

You should email Erik and ask him. Or if you wanted to know, you should have attended the meeting about the academy. Of course, if you dd isn't on the team, Erik might ignore your email and/or ask why do you want to know. I'm not sure if I'm Mr. $10K. There are a bunch of them out there, why single out one?
                        So if those questions were asked and answered share the answers. Why the secrecy unless you are hiding something or more likely you just don't know or haven't figured that out yet?

The ECNL teams put out detailed traveled budgets to be critiqued. Did the Thorns put theirs up on a slide?

When you are trying to build a program secrecy is not a "professional" approach to Brand building. Everyone and anyone should be able to get answers to these questions so the program can be evaluated by parents for participation NEXT year and in the future!

Comment

So if those questions were asked and answered share the answers. Why the secrecy unless you are hiding something or more likely you just don't know or haven't figured that out yet?

The ECNL teams put out detailed traveled budgets to be critiqued. Did the Thorns put theirs up on a slide?

When you are trying to build a program secrecy is not a "professional" approach to Brand building. Everyone and anyone should be able to get answers to these questions so the program can be evaluated by parents for participation NEXT year and in the future!
                          The Timbers don't want this program to be evaluated. Just trust them...

Comment

I seem to remember it being asked but I can't tell you what the answer is because I don't recall. I sat next to someone and we discussed things during the presentation and I may have missed the answer. Again, email Erik. But if you're not involved, why do you care? The team is chosen, they are not expecting more people to tryout so the parents will pay what they pay.

And yes, they put up details, but why does it matter, it's a fixed cost. One trip might cost $3,550 and the rest cost $50. Who cares? This isn't ECNL where they put up estimates and you the parents bare all costs, be it low or high.

And speaking of secrecy, where are the ECNL rosters? Talk about secrecy. The Academy has been much more transparent. It's almost laughable that you made that comment. ECNL won't even post the people who are on the team. They won't even post numbers. Yet they are expecting other kids to come try out in the future. Why was ECNL in such a hurry to have tryouts since they aren't posting rosters and the Thusc, OC and FC teams that are playing summer tournaments are their existing teams.

Comment

The Timbers don't want this program to be evaluated. Just trust them...
                              It sounds like your dd didn't make the team. Go back and take that ECNL offer and get the $10K ready.

Comment

I seem to remember it being asked but I can't tell you what the answer is because I don't recall. I sat next to someone and we discussed things during the presentation and I may have missed the answer. Again, email Erik. But if you're not involved, why do you care? The team is chosen, they are not expecting more people to tryout so the parents will pay what they pay.

And yes, they put up details, but why does it matter, it's a fixed cost. One trip might cost $3,550 and the rest cost $50. Who cares? This isn't ECNL where they put up estimates and you the parents bare all costs, be it low or high.

And speaking of secrecy, where are the ECNL rosters? Talk about secrecy. The Academy has been much more transparent. It's almost laughable that you made that comment. ECNL won't even post the people who are on the team. They won't even post numbers. Yet they are expecting other kids to come try out in the future. Why was ECNL in such a hurry to have tryouts since they aren't posting rosters and the Thusc, OC and FC teams that are playing summer tournaments are their existing teams.
                                If you're not involved, why do you care?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X