Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do if a player threatens to hurt another player at school.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do if a player threatens to hurt another player at school.

If a player from an opposing team threatened to hurt an opposing player (a child) during an upcoming match what would/should be done?

I'd guess that if warned the parents, coach, DOC, FYSA etc could be held a accountable if the player acted on their threat. Thoughts?

the beginning of (yet another) stupid thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If a player from an opposing team threatened to hurt an opposing player (a child) during an upcoming match what would/should be done?

I'd guess that if warned the parents, coach, DOC, FYSA etc could be held a accountable if the player acted on their threat. Thoughts?
      Put them in an ODP shirt and bring them to a field to fight. Video tape it so the police can arrest you later.

Comment

Omg!

ok, this one takes the cake. Are you freakin' serious? This is so outlandious, I cannott even comment. Obviously, youd have way too much time on your hands.

Comment

Serious

That is definitely a trickle down from parents. Parents are not teaching kids to play fairly. Parents want the win. This will come back around someday when they hurt someone off of the playing field.

Comment

We actually had a situation something like this years ago. My daughter, a strong defender on the high school team was told by the coach to take out a forward on the other team. I am glad to say that somewhere along the line we had taught sportsmanship to our daughter, because her response to the coach was that "player" was a club teammate and even if she wasn't, she would never go on the field with the intention to try to hurt someone. That week, we had a talk with the coach and what her expectation were from players and how setting a good example was more important than winning.

Teach your children right from wrong and trust in them to know when to stand up and say no to something stupid. Peer pressure will come in many forms.

Comment

Put them in an ODP shirt and bring them to a field to fight. Video tape it so the police can arrest you later.
              And make sure both the moms are there!

Comment

You go onto the school bus and beat that child up.

Comment

youth vilance is so bad today I cant believe you people are disregarding this plea for help.

Comment

youth vilance is so bad today I cant believe you people are disregarding this plea for help.
                    "Vilance"? What's that? We'd like to help you, but...what the hell is "vilance"?

Comment

What age child is involved? 8 or 18?

If the matter occurred at school (or on a school bus), then it should be addressed at school. Most schools have policy regarding "anti-bullying".

Suggesting that any coach, DOC or FYSA would be accountable is ridiculous!

Comment

What age child is involved? 8 or 18?

If the matter occurred at school (or on a school bus), then it should be addressed at school. Most schools have policy regarding "anti-bullying".

Suggesting that any coach, DOC or FYSA would be accountable is ridiculous!
                        and you bother to reply to the *******?
                        don't you realized that he is frustrated because his little boy will only make the girls team and everyone is picking on him.

Comment

Tell you child not to play against that particular player, its hard for us as parents when our child gets hurt, I do not even know why kids are playing soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X