Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain DPL vs ECNL, what does it all mean?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What local teams are left in NPL if it seems the remaining clubs (NEFC, SSS, SPOL, Bayside, etc.) are moving to DPL? Will NEP NPL just disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This is not correct, and was only posted to fan the flames.

Here in the Northeast, which is the only relevant area to the discussion, every team in GDA moved to GAL.
      Totally untrue. Many NE clubs also moved.

Comment

“I do agree that showcases matter. Good thing that won't be changing and coaches have been vocal to us they will continue to scout as they have been.”

What does that even mean? GA had not payed a dime hole game, never mind ever held a showcase.

Also, in post Covid-19 America, I suspect you’ll see limited travel and budgets for college coaches, meaning they end up going where they can see the most talent.

Comment

There is no reason to move to ECNL-R team.

OP, well done stirring the cheerleaders from their slumber. Kudos.
          Or a GAL team which is basically all old NPL clubs now (minus most of their talent).

Comment

Totally untrue. Many NE clubs also moved.
            "Many"?

The Northeast conference is lacking one team, Fury (who was already kicked out).

Really, just stop...you are embarrassing yourself

Comment

“I do agree that showcases matter. Good thing that won't be changing and coaches have been vocal to us they will continue to scout as they have been.”

What does that even mean? GA had not payed a dime hole game, never mind ever held a showcase.

Also, in post Covid-19 America, I suspect you’ll see limited travel and budgets for college coaches, meaning they end up going where they can see the most talent.
              What is means is the same model that existed in GDA will exist in GAL. The most likely exception to that is San Diego. Otherwise, same showcases will be in play.

However, if travel continues to be restricted, they will host smaller, more regional showcases more often. The coaches my daughter is talking with have seen her more often in league games (and one at a practice) vs. showcases.

Comment

Are you coaches ever asked the question: If GA is a good league, why does the club apply for ECNL membership every year?

Comment

Are you coaches ever asked the question: If GA is a good league, why does the club apply for ECNL membership every year?
                  It would mean, for those that do (and it's not as many as you think), because ECNL is overall a better league. That's been stated and agreed upon.

Is there really a question in there, Cheerleader?

Comment

So as a “new parent” I’ll educate you. The minute you throw DPL and ECNL in the same sentence, you are being “controversial in order to get a rise.” As a new parent, you don’t need to worry about ECNL.
                    I had no idea geez. I just wanted to know what our club was talking about in terms of all those abbreviations DPL, ECNL, NPL.... Lesson learned next time I will just ask the coach, didn't want to bug him so I asked you guys. (lesson learned.) what a negative group of miserable parents! thank you for the ones who did explain it, see ya!

Comment

I had no idea geez. I just wanted to know what our club was talking about in terms of all those abbreviations DPL, ECNL, NPL.... Lesson learned next time I will just ask the coach, didn't want to bug him so I asked you guys. (lesson learned.) what a negative group of miserable parents! thank you for the ones who did explain it, see ya!
                      Yep, not always a lot of fun. Too many insecurities and worrying about what someone else is doing vs. just worrying about themselves.

Comment

“Is there really a question in there, Cheerleader?”

Sorry, was working on my cheers.

We are the ECNL
                        And we can't be beat
                        Because we got the power,
                        to knock you off your feet!
                        Are you ready to take your team to the top?

Yeah, Yeah,
                        ECNL Rocks,
                        Yeah, Yeah,
                        Take it to the Top?
                        Yeah, Yeah
                        Are we gonna stop?
                        No way!

Comment

Can someone explain to a new parent the difference between DPL and ECNL and NPL? I am so confused. Our club announced today they are excited to be part of DPL. I guess that is a good thing but what does it mean?
                          You should ask your club what it means.

Comment

Can someone explain to a new parent the difference between DPL and ECNL and NPL? I am so confused. Our club announced today they are excited to be part of DPL. I guess that is a good thing but what does it mean?
                            Well played. You already got 5 pages out of it.

How did you learn about TS? Details please, and extra enhancements appreciated.

Comment

"Many"?

The Northeast conference is lacking one team, Fury (who was already kicked out).

Really, just stop...you are embarrassing yourself
                              You said the northeast, not the northeast conference. Stop waffling and changing your tune.

Comment

Well Liverpool is in DPL now is that good or bad?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X