Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club change mid season

This will probably turn into a major flame topic, but here goes. My child is a training player on a premier team. But has the opportunity to become a roster-ed player with another club. There is no guarantee my child will make the roster in the winter indoor season or the spring with her current team. But, is guaranteed a spot now with the other. Does anyone know what the potential ramifications of her current team could be and what is everyone's opinion on a mid-season move like this?

Originally posted by Silent-Knight View Post
    This will probably turn into a major flame topic, but here goes. My child is a training player on a premier team. But has the opportunity to become a roster-ed player with another club. There is no guarantee my child will make the roster in the winter indoor season or the spring with her current team. But, is guaranteed a spot now with the other. Does anyone know what the potential ramifications of her current team could be and what is everyone's opinion on a mid-season move like this?
    Its about your kid who cares about her current team , she isnt on it
    If the training is similar but she will get games go for it
    If she is getting better training now stay and try out for a few teams in june

Comment

Go have her play the game. Being a "training" player is absurd. To train with a team and not play serves no purpose. Go talk to the coach and get the bottom line. You and your kid are being led along.

Comment

I agree. Overall, the training is not so different team to team. But you can't not have your kid play games. Would seem like a fast track to not enjoying the game if all one did was train. I'm not going to say you are being led along, because you did agree to it. But obviously you see it isn't work out. Good luck.

Comment

Go to the new team. It's about PLAYING the game. Training is a money grab and waste of the player's time. If they were going to take her on the roster, they would've taken her on the roster. Good luck.

Comment

Go to the new team and don't look back. At a minimum, it gives her some game experience. Training is the "work" aspect of the game. Games are the fun part where your player can showcase what they've learned. Don't waste yourcl daughters time on being a training player

Comment

let her decide

Comment

Thank you for your replies. She is not a big fan of her current team and didn't want to wait any longer to play. She has gone and practiced with the club she wants to join. They accepted her right away like she had been playing with them for years. She only has one or two acquaintances on the current team and is willing to leave to play and not just practice. We think we know which path to take, but wanted other's opinions. Thank you again to those who replied.

Comment

Please

Thank you for your replies. She is not a big fan of her current team and didn't want to wait any longer to play. She has gone and practiced with the club she wants to join. They accepted her right away like she had been playing with them for years. She only has one or two acquaintances on the current team and is willing to leave to play and not just practice. We think we know which path to take, but wanted other's opinions. Thank you again to those who replied.
                  Please don't bad mouth Yankee on the way out

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    Please don't bad mouth Yankee on the way out
                    Does YU have practice players?
                    She may be going to YU

Comment

if she's a training player now and nothing is guaranteed there can't be any serious ramifications from the previous club because she was merely a training player in the first place.

Comment

is she a goalie?

Comment

It's rare that practice only players end up happy - they want to play! Sometimes they will eventually make the squad, but if they weren't strong enough to make it in the first place, what are the odds they'll get much playing time once on the team? Probably not good. Sounds like your new option is a much better fit. Don't worry about the current one but don't be a di*k when you leave either - small state means burnt bridges can sometimes cost you down the road. They'll understand the situation and if they don't it was never the place for your daughter anyway.

Comment

Yankee

Does YU have practice players?
                            She may be going to YU
                            No way Yankee has training players, they barely have enough players to field teams.

Comment

It's rare that practice only players end up happy - they want to play! Sometimes they will eventually make the squad, but if they weren't strong enough to make it in the first place, what are the odds they'll get much playing time once on the team? Probably not good. Sounds like your new option is a much better fit. Don't worry about the current one but don't be a di*k when you leave either - small state means burnt bridges can sometimes cost you down the road. They'll understand the situation and if they don't it was never the place for your daughter anyway.
                              I agree with this. Try your best not to burn bridges on the way out the door... No bashing, etc. I would be upfront with them and just say that your daughter is not happy being a practice player only. There is no way they won't understand that . You have to do what is right for your daughter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X