High School Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If HS soccer really does start, does anyone know if spectators who just want to watch a game can go and watch? Just wondering if proper distancing is in place can anyone go?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If HS soccer really does start, does anyone know if spectators who just want to watch a game can go and watch? Just wondering if proper distancing is in place can anyone go?
      At Hanover, spectators will be limited to parents and immediate family members (including siblings), two per family.

Comment

Our cohort group includes the teams below. Masks and social distancing are required at each game.

John Stark - Only 2 family members that live in same household for home and away games
        Pembroke - all can attend both home and away
        Merrimack Valley - all can attend both home and away
        Hillsboro-Deering - immediate family members only (parents, grandparent, siblings)
        Bow - immediate family members only (parents, grandparents, siblings)
        Hopkinton - fans allowed but members of each family are required to stay 6 feet apart from next family

I have confirmed that many D1 teams are allowing 2 family members at home games but there are no away fans. Concord, Central, Pinkerton, Londonderry, etc.

Comment

Nashua gave players a sheet of 8 tickets printed on cardstock - 4 tickets for the home game week of Sep 21 and 4 more for the home game week of Sep 28. No spectators allowed at the Nashua vs. Nashua games for the away team - we were told this was a D1 agreement, not a NHIAA mandate. Tickets have the player's name on it and those who use the ticket have to provide their name and phone number to the school for contract tracing purposes. Spectators must be immediate family (no friends) and from New England for the last 14 days (no traveling immediate family). Spectators must sit only in designated seats (that will be sanitized after the game), and wear a mask at all times. A video that Nashua parents and players had to watch said no entry into the stadium will be allowed until 15 minutes before kickoff, no food/drink (because that permits mask removal) and spectators are not to yell (spews droplets into the air which could blow 40 yards and infect the keeper who is allowed to remove his/her mask when play is at the other end of the field). The video did not outlaw sticking your hand under the mask to whistle - which makes sense because they cannot ban you from scratching an itch. Noisemakers area already banned from Stellos Stadium. Does outdoor clapping spread the coronavirus? NHIAA does not require mouthguards, so I guess broken teeth are OK this season.

Comment

Salem will only allow parents of seniors

Comment

Salem school board voted to allow 4 family members per athlete last night for home games, same as other schools they are supposed to be issuing the tickets and will check for them at the start of the game.

Comment

I thought the D1 rule was 2 ppl/player of the home team only? That was what we were told. We can’t go go away games and 2 people limit.

Comment

Week 1 Observations

Week 1 - not following some of the guidelines provided by either the school or NHIAA

2020 soccer guideline: No hugging, shaking hands, fist bumps or contact of any kind.
                  What I saw Week 1: hugging after goal scored, players on field gathered close together to celebrate a goal without masks

2020 soccer guideline: No yelling.
                  What I saw (and heard) Week 1: plenty of players and parents yelling

2020 soccer guideline: Social distancing will be required when not actively engaged in physical play. All members of a team on the sideline will observe 6 feet of social distancing.
                  What I saw Week 1: bench players were wearing masks but not social distancing 6 feet apart

2020 soccer guideline: Ball handlers should wear gloves
                  What I saw Week 1: Ball handlers not wearing gloves

2020 soccer guideline: parents/guardians and other spectators are encouraged to remain in their cars in a designated parking area (prior to entering the game)
                  What I saw Week 1: parents/guardians outside cars in parking lot in groups without masks talking before the game

2020 soccer guideline: People wearing face coverings must not touch their eyes, nose, mouth, or face, or adjust their face covering without first sanitizing hands. After touching face or adjusting face covering, hands must be sanitized.
                  What I saw Week 1: Players wore masks below their chin or stuffed them in their shorts then put them on with their dirty, sweaty hands when exiting the field (as a substitute or at end of half) - no lining up 6 feet apart to sanitize their hands before touching their masks.

One final rule observation: Parents that had close contact with someone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19 should self-quarantine for 14 days from their last exposure, but health care workers caring for COVID-19 patients don't have to quarantine and it's OK to be present at the game and spread whatever they have to others!

Comment

Week 1 - not following some of the guidelines provided by either the school or NHIAA

2020 soccer guideline: No hugging, shaking hands, fist bumps or contact of any kind.
                    What I saw Week 1: hugging after goal scored, players on field gathered close together to celebrate a goal without masks

2020 soccer guideline: No yelling.
                    What I saw (and heard) Week 1: plenty of players and parents yelling

2020 soccer guideline: Social distancing will be required when not actively engaged in physical play. All members of a team on the sideline will observe 6 feet of social distancing.
                    What I saw Week 1: bench players were wearing masks but not social distancing 6 feet apart

2020 soccer guideline: Ball handlers should wear gloves
                    What I saw Week 1: Ball handlers not wearing gloves

2020 soccer guideline: parents/guardians and other spectators are encouraged to remain in their cars in a designated parking area (prior to entering the game)
                    What I saw Week 1: parents/guardians outside cars in parking lot in groups without masks talking before the game

2020 soccer guideline: People wearing face coverings must not touch their eyes, nose, mouth, or face, or adjust their face covering without first sanitizing hands. After touching face or adjusting face covering, hands must be sanitized.
                    What I saw Week 1: Players wore masks below their chin or stuffed them in their shorts then put them on with their dirty, sweaty hands when exiting the field (as a substitute or at end of half) - no lining up 6 feet apart to sanitize their hands before touching their masks.

One final rule observation: Parents that had close contact with someone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19 should self-quarantine for 14 days from their last exposure, but health care workers caring for COVID-19 patients don't have to quarantine and it's OK to be present at the game and spread whatever they have to others!
                    Healthcare workers in close contact of COVID-19 patients donn a precaution gown, N-95 mask, gloves, face shield prior to being in close distance with a Covid(+) patient. You should be glad they do their jobs.

Comment

I thought the D1 rule was 2 ppl/player of the home team only? That was what we were told. We can’t go go away games and 2 people limit.
                      Not a rule, it is up to the school

Comment

So what are the first impressions on how has the games been?

Comment

Rough, dangerous, lots of injuries.

Comment

My daughters team has struggled with the erratic schedule with too many games in a short period of time. They have barely had enough time to train for games. They have had a stretch of 5 games in 9 days! Its insane! Then they will play 1 in 7... makes NO sense.

The coaches in this are hamstrung with no scrimmages and no ability to tinker lineups because they had to hit the ground running with no real ability to try players at different positions.

Comment

High School Soccer

My daughters team has struggled with the erratic schedule with too many games in a short period of time. They have barely had enough time to train for games. They have had a stretch of 5 games in 9 days! Its insane! Then they will play 1 in 7... makes NO sense.

The coaches in this are hamstrung with no scrimmages and no ability to tinker lineups because they had to hit the ground running with no real ability to try players at different positions.
                              well if they had 5 games in ...and the coach hasn't figured out what players to put in certain positions by now...the coach is a retard and doesn't know the difference between a soccer ball and a nut.

This is usually the difference between a professional trainer/coach at a private academy and a school teacher that played HS soccer looking to make an extra buck.

Comment

well if they had 5 games in ...and the coach hasn't figured out what players to put in certain positions by now...the coach is a retard and doesn't know the difference between a soccer ball and a nut.

This is usually the difference between a professional trainer/coach at a private academy and a school teacher that played HS soccer looking to make an extra buck.
                                This response is usually the difference between answering a discussion point versus someone lacking intelligence to make a fact based response.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X