Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m predicting Monday. Everyone leaving today was the last straw. I bet DC has to tell the few remaining staff on Monday and he and JH will have to stick around for a few months to unwind things.
    Dumpster fire. They are going to wait till people pay their first deposit-they one we’re the pathetic credit can’t be applied and they will be gone with the wind.

Comment

Dumpster fire. They are going to wait till people pay their first deposit-they one we’re the pathetic credit can’t be applied and they will be gone with the wind.
      Can sense the desperation for money

Comment

Disingenuous post. No different than any other club. They are doing what they need to do to operate next year. GPS will be smaller in the future, but the people involved now are by far more professional and more capable than the trainwreck of “Leadership” that existed in the past.

Comment

Can sense the desperation for money
          #obsessed.

Comment

#obsessed.
            #obsessed for that deposit cash!

Comment

#obsessed.
              Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye.

Comment

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye.
                #obsessed.

Comment

All makes total sense except for one problem. I grew up playing Bays in Wellesley and was one of the top players in the state on the top team in the state. Who coached us? My dad who doesn’t know a thing about the game. If 99% of the kids are playing town soccer and 1% are playing for MLS and USL academies, does that mean that 99% are being coached by people like my dad? If so, US soccer will go back to the days of never qualifying for the World Cup and the level in the MLS will go back to NASL level in the 70s and 80s. Guys like me will be at the top of the pyramid, and that would be terrible (because even though I was a stud player, I was terrible).
                  Hahaha good point.

Comment

Do you have the guy down the street volunteer to teach your kid World History? There is so much more to youth sports than teaching the sports. It's the other things the kids need to be exposed to and learn as well. You need professional coaches to do that. More than just the "talented" kids deserve that experience too.
                    Depends. If my kid was just a history buff looking for some like minded conversation and someone more mature to share his ideas with (which seems kinda creepy) then yeah. But if my kid was an obvious elite mind finishing history book after history book. Spouting knowledge right and left and begging for more then I’d be searching for something higher level for him. And since it’s history it probably would end up being some creepy old guy that would mentor him under constant supervision, lol.

Comment

Come on folks, keep this thread alive. It’s ssuch a good one. So much to learn.

Comment

Not folding. Still going strong! Thank god!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X