Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is FCL?

So what I this new FCL league and how does it tie into NPL if at all? Will it replace FSPL or is just an addition to what is already there?
    I read through their page and info available but I am not sure.

Please spare stupid inputs like "money grab" scheme etc. or other stuff that is totally useless. I just need info that I was not able to obtain with online search. I know this is TS but I still have hope in humanity so maybe I will find some sensible people on here who are willing to respond with some useful info.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what I this new FCL league and how does it tie into NPL if at all? Will it replace FSPL or is just an addition to what is already there?
    I read through their page and info available but I am not sure.

Please spare stupid inputs like "money grab" scheme etc. or other stuff that is totally useless. I just need info that I was not able to obtain with online search. I know this is TS but I still have hope in humanity so maybe I will find some sensible people on here who are willing to respond with some useful info.
    Florida Club League is the Florida body that is running USClub leagues in Florida.

Essentially :
    Florida Club League replaces Florida Premiership.

The new league structure essentially replaces the following:
    What was NPL is now ECNL Regional League
    What was FPL is now League 1
    What was RED now League 2
    (Some differences exsist between the line up but for all intensive purposes they line up as listed)

FYI FSPL is a FYSA league and has nothing to do with US Club leagues.
    FYSA has their own hierarchy of leagues.

Comment

Thanks so much … this is very helpful.

So will there be relegation and promotion between the tiers? And how does this tie into ECNL?
      And one last thing … why the hell do we still have FYSA? Totally useless bunch...

Comment

Understanding

So will there be relegation and promotion between the tiers? And how does this tie into ECNL?
        And one last thing … why the hell do we still have FYSA? Totally useless bunch...
        So you don't understand the league structures but you know FYSA is totally useless....hmmmmmm

Comment

No promotion/relegation that I am aware of as each league has specific club requirements (must apply/club needs to provide X amount of teams, etc)

I am not sure of the specifics of how this works but I believe US Club Awarded FCL the right to run USclub leagues in Florida. Along with that they "awarded" FCL with the right to run the relatively new ECNL regional league (Several areas of the country already had this but USClub has expanded into new area's this year)

The only official tie in between ECNL and ECNL-RL is that for some age groups ECNL-RL teams can qualify to play in one of the ENCL National tournaments in the Open Div (the lowest) against other ENCL teams. In theory by playing in the ECNL-RL league it gives ECNL a platform to select future clubs to join ECNL.

FYSA.. I was a fan of FYSA but over the years it has been quickly falling apart. The soccer landscape is changing quickly and all Youth Soccer affiliates are scrambling for there piece of the pie. I don't like the fact that we have so many different soccer organizations but the reality is that its not going to change any time soon.

Comment

I'm not sure of the reason but it seems like FYSA is bigger in the southern part of the state and US Club is doing well in the Northern part of the state. (Central and West Florida seem pretty split between the two)

Comment

So you don't understand the league structures but you know FYSA is totally useless....hmmmmmm
              What I meant was US Club Soccer should be enough and it is useless to have 2 very similar organizations in place. What is the purpose of that?

Comment

What I meant was US Club Soccer should be enough and it is useless to have 2 very similar organizations in place. What is the purpose of that?
                I agree that it is not beneficial for the good of the game. The main reason is so a club can offer the elite "league de jour" to its members (players) and increase membership. And yes that equates to dollars which is important to many clubs.

So if a club does not get membership in a high level league that's run by FYSA they will turn to USClub (or MLS, or whatever other affiliates are available) to join that league so they can sell this elite league to its members as the best. (and reverse) Every large club needs to be able to sell a high level product to keep players or everyone will leave for the neighboring club that has the wanted league.

Its unfortunate but we get a new league or two every year. Add to that some national level leagues (for profit) are also trying to get into the game here in Florida which will make it even worse.

Comment

Market share

Why are McDonald's and Burger Kings next to each other?

Comment

I agree that it is not beneficial for the good of the game. The main reason is so a club can offer the elite "league de jour" to its members (players) and increase membership. And yes that equates to dollars which is important to many clubs.

So if a club does not get membership in a high level league that's run by FYSA they will turn to USClub (or MLS, or whatever other affiliates are available) to join that league so they can sell this elite league to its members as the best. (and reverse) Every large club needs to be able to sell a high level product to keep players or everyone will leave for the neighboring club that has the wanted league.

Its unfortunate but we get a new league or two every year. Add to that some national level leagues (for profit) are also trying to get into the game here in Florida which will make it even worse.
                    That's the sad part, clubs rebrand old names to tell members they are "elite" which really they aren't. Keeps the membership from jumping ship.
                    Names like ECNL-R and MLS elite are really second tier to ECNL and MLS Academy with most old NPL players.

Comment

So how do you think FYSA elite level league and the FCL compare to each other in quality? Is one better than the other or pretty much the same?

Comment

So how do you think FYSA elite level league and the FCL compare to each other in quality? Is one better than the other or pretty much the same?
                        FYSA top league is FSPL and it has Division 1 and Division 2 in it. You will find many teams in FL in both leagues. My kid played FSPL and NPL last year, the year before FSPL and FPL.

Bottom line is there are stronger and weaker teams in each one of the leagues. You will have teams playing FSPL top division and FCL 1, ECNL-R and FSPL.

Even ECNL has stronger and weaker teams. Its the nature of soccer.

Any of those leagues are going to have some good talent. Don't focus so much on the league. The coach and talent level of players on your child's team are much more important.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X