Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    New owners are doing an excellent job and kids are flowing towards the club, not away from it. Scorpions stock is trending up while SSS & NEFC are clearly trending down.
    Absolutely agree!!! My D played pre-ECNL with scorpions - it was fine - let’s remember younger age play really means nothing - there was some disorganization and messes with FM but we stuck it out and with new owners nothing but improvement each year - and my D is committed to a D1 as a junior - we are pretty pleased!

Comment

You are further proving my point. Porsche is welcome to market to whomever they wish, but what they don't do is degrade GM in the process. Because, often, the same household has a Porsche and a GM.

Do you really think EVERY player in Scorpions, and especially Stars, has high-level college aspirations? There are literally thousands of players who get disregarded as long as it's "ECNL or the highway" as an approach.

Side note, it would be welcome to read something about ECNL without laying your dlcks on the table and crowing how great it is. Nobody questioned it...but just to be sure you had to throw in the "clear winner" yet again. So much insecurity about the league, and I just cannot understand why.
      So much insecurity about a league that’s been around 10+ years ? I don’t think so...

Comment

Surf took scorpios best coach TM now they are taking all Scorpios best players and teams!

Those who stay at Scorpios, good luck with Mom & Pop coaches and angry Rugnetta. Losers.
        Scorpions parent here who’s daughter played under TM and had multiple experiences with other clubs like NEFC and select. Really liked him as a person, very positive Coach but couldn’t get the best out of the girls and team. Was told that TM declined offer from scorpions when they pushed ecnl regional teams onto him. Not sure he would be their best coach if he was coaching 2 regional teams and 1 ECNL team. Plus his track record with college commits / ECNL wins / communication was the main reason why I think they parted ways. One the main reasons we weren’t the biggest fans was because he couldn’t communicate to colleges properly and couldn’t help my daughter develop at the highest level. Only got to play a few games under EB but was very happy with the change going into my daughters final year. Hope my experience / post helps anyone looking into an opportunity with an ECNL club !

Comment

My D plays for EB and has been to plenty of practices with NR (who has subbed in for a game as well). Scorpions is the best club soccer experience we have ever had, and i have multiple kids who have been through it for 10+ years.

Select was by far the worst experience for what its worth.

Comment

Nope. Who does Porsche market to? Who does GM market to? Two completely different markets and different product lines. It really is that simple. Porsche doesn't market to middle class families but GM does. Doesn't make GM a bad company, just a different market segment.

Scorpions and Stars market and offer a product to the top players in MA to play in the most competitive girls leagues in the country with the best exposure to college coaches. That is there market and their sales proposition. If your player doesn't fit the profile of someone who is 1. athletic 2. a skilled soccer player 3. likely has a desire to play in college then Scorpions and Stars isn't for you. Plenty of other clubs play at lower levels for those players uninterested in college play or not at that level in athleticism and ability.

Other clubs play in other leagues. We can debate all day long which league is better, the reality is families have a clear winner on the girls side: ECNL. Everything else is below that. Doesn't stop a player from playing in college if they play in another league, it's just a different, possibly more difficult journey.
            Oh look.. a logical, sensible and relatively short post that doesn't bash another club. I made it! I never thought I'd see the day, but here it is!

Comment

Can I just point out how strange this thread is?
              Your bashing a club for not imploding? It’s funny the two old clubs stars and scorpions are the only clubs not really blowing up this year.
              They lost one coach who is okay looks like a coach but he left for a club that is no where near the league he was coaching in. So wondering if that clubs maybe is paying him the same amount where he can coach in an average league with no pressure to develop and produce. Why wouldn’t he leave? A nice salary and all he has to do is sweat talk parents nice gig.
              Good for him not wanting to actually have to coach competitive teams.

Comment

Can I just point out how strange this thread is?
                Your bashing a club for not imploding? It’s funny the two old clubs stars and scorpions are the only clubs not really blowing up this year.
                They lost one coach who is okay looks like a coach but he left for a club that is no where near the league he was coaching in. So wondering if that clubs maybe is paying him the same amount where he can coach in an average league with no pressure to develop and produce. Why wouldn’t he leave? A nice salary and all he has to do is sweat talk parents nice gig.
                Good for him not wanting to actually have to coach competitive teams.
                Huh? Who's that?

Comment

Scorpions parent here who’s daughter played under TM and had multiple experiences with other clubs like NEFC and select. Really liked him as a person, very positive Coach but couldn’t get the best out of the girls and team. Was told that TM declined offer from scorpions when they pushed ecnl regional teams onto him. Not sure he would be their best coach if he was coaching 2 regional teams and 1 ECNL team. Plus his track record with college commits / ECNL wins / communication was the main reason why I think they parted ways. One the main reasons we weren’t the biggest fans was because he couldn’t communicate to colleges properly and couldn’t help my daughter develop at the highest level. Only got to play a few games under EB but was very happy with the change going into my daughters final year. Hope my experience / post helps anyone looking into an opportunity with an ECNL club !
                  TM was great for my daughters self-esteem but agree that the level of play at Scorps ECNL was a bit much sometimes for him so I think stepping into surf was the right call for his development as a coach and as a person. Good luck on your new adventure TM!

Comment

EB, NR, TM... what a pain it is to have to stop and go look at club websites to figure out names. Is it illegal on this forum to use actual names?

Comment

EB, NR, TM... what a pain it is to have to stop and go look at club websites to figure out names. Is it illegal on this forum to use actual names?
                      NR is a loser. Lost count how many times he has been sent off. Great example for female athletes.

Comment

NR is a loser. Lost count how many times he has been sent off. Great example for female athletes.
                        O’Neil, I was wondering when you were going to chime back in on some more b*lls**t from what 3 or 4 years ago!!!! Your PATHETIC!

Comment

O’Neil, I was wondering when you were going to chime back in on some more b*lls**t from what 3 or 4 years ago!!!! Your PATHETIC!
                          Who’s O’Neil. Is he or she another person who’s witnessed NRa red cards and psycho maniacal behavior? I hope he gets the help he needs.

Comment

My D plays for EB and has been to plenty of practices with NR (who has subbed in for a game as well). Scorpions is the best club soccer experience we have ever had, and i have multiple kids who have been through it for 10+ years.

Select was by far the worst experience for what its worth.
                            How so?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X