Chances of high school season happening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFHS has come out with guidelines for Fall play.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Club would have to move their training to the fall, with some kind of modified season. If the whole state is doing it, they would lose money if they didn’t offer a fall season. I realize other states might not be in session which throws off leagues, but maybe that would get us what we all want- similar quality teams playing each other in state.
      Most out of state teams play states in the region that are working together on Covid guidelines - MA, CT, NY, NJ.

Comment

People need to wake up. The virus is a joke. It’s going as fast as it came and it won’t be some issue in a couple months. There WILL be school and sports.

Comment

People need to wake up. The virus is a joke. It’s going as fast as it came and it won’t be some issue in a couple months. There WILL be school and sports.
          I believe you are correct however governors will continue on their path of tyranny based on fear of it returning

Comment

I believe you are correct however governors will continue on their path of tyranny based on fear of it returning
            Answering your own posts?

Comment

Answering your own posts?
              I love the stupid fear pervasive on this site. I was the OP. No i didn’t respond to my own post. Who the f does that? All you morons how bash JD and FC stars and whatever other morons who run clubs around here? LL at SSS ooooh she’s such a charlatan. You people crack me up. Hold on I’m going to respond to this post in a few mins!!!

Comment

Guess it depends on who you ask. Our AD just sent a school wide email saying he is "optimistic" about the fall season. Additionally, preparations are starting to have the normal(ish) summer sports and condition programs.
                Same here with optimism for fall but no games allowed until mid July at earliest so I think summer league won’t happen. I think everyone should be out for small group conditioning and skills so that these kids can start socializing and getting back to some normalcy.

Comment

Same here with optimism for fall but no games allowed until mid July at earliest so I think summer league won’t happen. I think everyone should be out for small group conditioning and skills so that these kids can start socializing and getting back to some normalcy.
                  Agree - I wish my kid’s club would do some type of practice.

Comment

Here are the guideline for phase two summer sports.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/outdoor-adu...camps/download

If the Fall is anything like this then there won't be full season Fall sports.

If schools are doing virtual learning then the fields will close.

**. people who scream and rant about we need to reopen we don't need your comments. No one WANTS this to be happening or to continue. We are simply discussing what the worst case scenario could look like. I hope this is a distant memory by Fall but its best to mentally prepare.

Comment

Guess it depends on who you ask. Our AD just sent a school wide email saying he is "optimistic" about the fall season. Additionally, preparations are starting to have the normal(ish) summer sports and condition programs.
                      Of course some ADs are optimistic. Some people are born optimists. But it's not up to them. There's 3 scenarios- no season, partial, or full. Hope for the first but accept the others might happen too.

Comment

Here is MA Dashboard as of yesterday
                        https://www.mass.gov/doc/covid-19-da...-2020/download

use this data, or bring your own data. Can a data-backed case be made for keeping school closed this fall or for cancelling sports?

Comment

CT is trying to get going with summer league for HS.
                          One league is scheduled to begin June 29.
                          If the governor does not specifically shut it down.
                          Getting more difficult to keep things closed in light of protest.
                          We will see.

Comment

Here is MA Dashboard as of yesterday
                            https://www.mass.gov/doc/covid-19-da...-2020/download

use this data, or bring your own data. Can a data-backed case be made for keeping school closed this fall or for cancelling sports?
                            There isn't one to be made.
                            62% of all deaths in MA are from LTC facilities
                            Avg age of hospitalizations is 68, Avg Age of Deaths is 82
                            Deaths with underlying conditions 98.3%

COVID is not impacting HS students.
                            Total Hospitalization for HS aged children = 5; Total Deaths = 0

Justification for cancelling school can not be substantiated

Comment

This is a woke virus
                              You only get it by doing unsanctioned activity
                              Get it at Church
                              But don’t get it at protest
                              Get it for opening a gym
                              Don’t get it looting
                              One percenters who looted $400 000 000 000 all have virus?

Comment

One percenters who looted $400 000 000 000 all have virus?
                                No dummy. White collar criminals practice Social Distancing. Hack here, human engineering there, a zoom a keystroke transfers money. Looting is low brow and reserved for the mostly urban poor. Which is what makes it a great test. Same population experiencing Covid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X