Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer Tournaments in 2020?

I am hearing that it is unlikely soccer tournaments will be held in the state until 2021. Some clubs have cancelled Labor Day tourney already. I was very surprised to hear this from a club official. So much for opening things up....

Really? Based on what reasoning? Are they anticipating travel restrictions, or second waves, or too many families opting out for the fall?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Really? Based on what reasoning? Are they anticipating travel restrictions, or second waves, or too many families opting out for the fall?
      Not the thread OP but that's probably part of it. Also organizers probably don't want to have to worry about refunds and complaints if they're forced to cancel.

Comment

I am hearing that it is unlikely soccer tournaments will be held in the state until 2021. Some clubs have cancelled Labor Day tourney already. I was very surprised to hear this from a club official. So much for opening things up....
        You are”hearing”? From where? Troll.

Comment

My guess is partly due to insurance purposes. Club policies typically run from July 1-June 30. Who knows what a club will be able to insure or not. Regular games yes, but tournaments with multi state teams and large crowds could pose a problem.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2749681]You are”hearing”? From where? Troll.
            My sons club. Best Fc. Now what?

Comment

I can see running small local events that don't require substantial travel. But large scale events that have many teams from multiple states, travel and hotels? Probably not many of those in the fall.

Comment

I think the timing is a concern. Travel arrangments and fields and schedules have to be done 2-3 months ahead of time. Nobody can say when they can confidently be ready to have such activity. Could be Labor Day is fine, but they may not know that until mid-August, which is too late.

Sometimes you have to make a call early and rely on the information you have available at that time.

Comment

I think the timing is a concern. Travel arrangments and fields and schedules have to be done 2-3 months ahead of time. Nobody can say when they can confidently be ready to have such activity. Could be Labor Day is fine, but they may not know that until mid-August, which is too late.

Sometimes you have to make a call early and rely on the information you have available at that time.
                  That's why anything that may require overnight travel probably won't happen in the fall. Local events where everyone can go home at night could work, or for younger teams, one day short round Robin games.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2749697]
                    You are”hearing”? From where? Troll.
                    My sons club. Best Fc. Now what?
                    Best FC? Oh now that's a connected person for sure.

Comment

And who are you to say? He’s On the board for NEP and part of Mass youth soccer weekly meetings etc regarding this topic. More qualified to say than me for sure. If I had said the source was from Stars I’m sure that would have carried more weight for you? Ya ok. Lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2749924]

Best FC? Oh now that's a connected person for sure.
                        You are an extremely small person.
                        How do you hold “your” bible?

Comment

And who are you to say? He’s On the board for NEP and part of Mass youth soccer weekly meetings etc regarding this topic. More qualified to say than me for sure. If I had said the source was from Stars I’m sure that would have carried more weight for you? Ya ok. Lol
                          A little defensive huh?

Comment

A little defensive huh?
                            With all the posing that goes on here, it’s no wonder.
                            Used to be parents bragged on kid’s academic prowess, now it’s what club takes your money.
                            None of which will matter as college sports undergo fundamental change in recruitment.
                            Glad my kids played for Santa Clara, Duke and Virginia when they did...

Comment

A little defensive huh?
                              Defensive? Not really, till you make an ridiculous comment about where the information came from, then yes I guess I am.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X