Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquette 2020 lacrosse gets scholarship and admissions rescinded.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At the end of the day, student athletes like her are problematic for teams and schools on so many levels. Hard lesson to learn but it is exactly what needs to happen.
    Even more so a Jesuit school. Her comments weren't exactly Christianly

Comment

I have a tougher time with that one. Lose your job because your spouse is a piece of trash? I draw the line at only the employee, student etc in terms of your contract or code of conduct agreement.

That said she's Eastern Eropean and they are racist white trash
      I don't think they had much of a choice...she called for people to kill protesters, which she referred to as "disgusting cattle" on IG.

He issued a statement-"These views are not ones that I share and are not tolerated in my family. I strongly condemn white supremacy, racism and violence towards people of color."

Ummmm, did she just wake up one day and decide she was a racist? They've been married for a few years and have a kid...kind of hard to pretend racism isn't tolerated in your family. In good conscience, how does Galaxy keep him? How do they not face backlash?

Comment

I don't think they had much of a choice...she called for people to kill protesters, which she referred to as "disgusting cattle" on IG.

He issued a statement-"These views are not ones that I share and are not tolerated in my family. I strongly condemn white supremacy, racism and violence towards people of color."

Ummmm, did she just wake up one day and decide she was a racist? They've been married for a few years and have a kid...kind of hard to pretend racism isn't tolerated in your family. In good conscience, how does Galaxy keep him? How do they not face backlash?
        PS-Her comments were posted along with a video of NYPD driving an SUV through barricades into a crowd of peaceful protesters that were corralled within the barricades.

Comment

What she posted is awful but I agree it's a slippery slope when it starts reaching out to family members. Legally might be a problem also.

Different poster

Comment

What she posted is awful but I agree it's a slippery slope when it starts reaching out to family members. Legally might be a problem also.

Different poster
            I agree with the slippery slope, but it's a tough situation to navigate. In the current climate, especially in LA, how would Galaxy be received if they just issued a template apology and moved on?

Here's another example...
            This was posted by Kim Poletto, in response to a BU women's soccer SM post condemning racism and promoting an inclusive environment-

"Black lives matter? Not in South side of Chicago. How about the black cops and civilians killed in the recent rioting? Nope, not there either. Just another hypocritical banal platitude for the mindless multitude."

Kim Poletto is the mother of former Asst. Coach, Molly Poletto. If Molly Poletto were still a coach there, my kid would be very uncomfortable with her-knowing her "family values". If the school got enough complaints, guess what happens to Molly in that case...

Comment

I'd say it right to her white trash parents' faces. I guess you're not familiar with Riverhead, LI.
              Here's the town's finest-
              https://www.wshu.org/post/white-supr...nd-li#stream/0

Here's the little dumpling's post-
              "some ppl think it's ok to (expletive) kneel during the national anthem so it's ok to kneel on someone's head. come at me. y'all brainwashed. kinda disgusting lowkey."

Some people think it's ok to f**king kneel during the anthem, so it's OK to kneel on someone's head.

She knew exactly what she was writing, the same way she knew she was insulting Latinx when she wrote "if you don't like it leave" #Beaners.

If the skanky little bltch feels such a patriotic devotion to her anthem, let her sign up for the military and serve. Can't imagine any reputable University will touch that fat bltch skank with a 10 foot pole. This isn't a one time incident and the little twat is freaking out because her school district sent out robocalls discussing the incident. Everyone knows exactly who her and her white trash family are and most are shunning them. Heard there's a trailer down in Alabama with their names on it!
              Might wanna check on your own systemic bias there friend.

Comment

I agree with the slippery slope, but it's a tough situation to navigate. In the current climate, especially in LA, how would Galaxy be received if they just issued a template apology and moved on?

Here's another example...
                This was posted by Kim Poletto, in response to a BU women's soccer SM post condemning racism and promoting an inclusive environment-

"Black lives matter? Not in South side of Chicago. How about the black cops and civilians killed in the recent rioting? Nope, not there either. Just another hypocritical banal platitude for the mindless multitude."

Kim Poletto is the mother of former Asst. Coach, Molly Poletto. If Molly Poletto were still a coach there, my kid would be very uncomfortable with her-knowing her "family values". If the school got enough complaints, guess what happens to Molly in that case...
                Sure that could happen - but it's also possible she doesn't even speak to her mother so is that fair? Some families are pretty messed up because of a few of their own bad apples. But when you're married to someone that's vile, it's a closer association. He couldn't have not knows his wife is awful. Maybe he is too but has learned to keep his mouth shut. For example many don't understand how Kelly Ann and George Conway are still married when their beliefs are so far apart.

Comment

I bet more coaches will be vetting the social media activities of perspective recruits and their parents more closely.

Comment

Sure that could happen - but it's also possible she doesn't even speak to her mother so is that fair? Some families are pretty messed up because of a few of their own bad apples. But when you're married to someone that's vile, it's a closer association. He couldn't have not knows his wife is awful. Maybe he is too but has learned to keep his mouth shut. For example many don't understand how Kelly Ann and George Conway are still married when their beliefs are so far apart.
                    Children are the fruit of the parents. Not the other way around. Many kids work to be better than their parents.

Btw. The mom's post is true. I hear about random shootings in minority neighborhoods by other minorities. Why is that tolerated? Why are there no protests in those circumstances..minority vs minority crimes? Bottom line is that ALL of it has to stop.

Comment

I bet more coaches will be vetting the social media activities of perspective recruits and their parents more closely.
                      My friend is the head of HR for a large corporation. She says they review back 5 years of all social media before making offers to new hires. They have done this for years. I'm sure it must be similar for colleges.

Comment

My friend is the head of HR for a large corporation. She says they review back 5 years of all social media before making offers to new hires. They have done this for years. I'm sure it must be similar for colleges.
                        Varies by school and by coach and how far they go back. Many kids know to scrub their social media before applying, but that won't mean they do something stupid in the future. They also can easily have multiple accounts.

Comment

Varies by school and by coach and how far they go back. Many kids know to scrub their social media before applying, but that won't mean they do something stupid in the future. They also can easily have multiple accounts.
                          This blog is no different. If people had to identify themselves and it was verified, the vial posts on TS would disappear. I'll bet half of you disgusted about the recruit's post have said something equally vial on here at least once.

So your family/spouse/children/school/team, etc should know and be held accountable for your actions, right? That is not how it works. THAT is stereotyping and is exactly the problem with society.
                          Judge singularly not by groups. Not ALL cops are bad. Not ALL whites are racist. Not ALL men are this...not ALL women are that.
                          It isn't an ALL or nothing thing. We are individuals and should be judged accordingly.

Comment

*equally vile. Sorry auto correct.

Comment

This blog is no different. If people had to identify themselves and it was verified, the vial posts on TS would disappear. I'll bet half of you disgusted about the recruit's post have said something equally vial on here at least once.

So your family/spouse/children/school/team, etc should know and be held accountable for your actions, right? That is not how it works. THAT is stereotyping and is exactly the problem with society.
                              Judge singularly not by groups. Not ALL cops are bad. Not ALL whites are racist. Not ALL men are this...not ALL women are that.
                              It isn't an ALL or nothing thing. We are individuals and should be judged accordingly.
                              So true. But still, All "coulda gone D1" parents lie to themselves.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X