Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purpose of parent Club Loyalty?

Can anyone share why parents are suppose to be loyal to clubs? You pay the club money for a service and you hopefully are communicated what you will get for that registration fee.

The club should be happy to have you as a customer and should behave in a manner that would endear you to re-up for the following season. Why do parents feel that they should pay and then be indebted too? Like you owe the club more. DO you get more than what you pay for, is that why you bend over for these clubs?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can anyone share why parents are suppose to be loyal to clubs? You pay the club money for a service and you hopefully are communicated what you will get for that registration fee.

The club should be happy to have you as a customer and should behave in a manner that would endear you to re-up for the following season. Why do parents feel that they should pay and then be indebted too? Like you owe the club more. DO you get more than what you pay for, is that why you bend over for these clubs?
    There not soccer clubs! There extortionist!

Comment

Just reading this makes me think that if you have to ask this kind of question this way, then your family probably has not had the benefit of actually belonging to a "club".

The best clubs provide such a good experience for the families that the families become loyal to the club. Belonging to a soccer club is much more involved than "paying the club money for a service." We have a monthly membership at a neighborhood car wash. We pay our money and they wash our cars. Belonging to a soccer club is much, much more involved than that - and that generates loyalty.

Comment

The clubs should have loyalty to the families that support them

Comment

Just reading this makes me think that if you have to ask this kind of question this way, then your family probably has not had the benefit of actually belonging to a "club".

The best clubs provide such a good experience for the families that the families become loyal to the club. Belonging to a soccer club is much more involved than "paying the club money for a service." We have a monthly membership at a neighborhood car wash. We pay our money and they wash our cars. Belonging to a soccer club is much, much more involved than that - and that generates loyalty.
          The guys at the car wash are better trained and really work hard to keep your business and earn tips (not disguised as 50 minute training sessions.

Comment

the club is not helping a player reach their goals then they should move on. time is short, don’t waste it

Comment

the club is not helping a player reach their goals then they should move on. time is short, don’t waste it
              I feel no loyalty to club. I like certain people who have helped my kid. But the club itself has no loyalty to my kid and I've got none to it. They would take a better player over him (they have tried to recruit over him), and he would move to a better opportunity.

Comment

[]the club is not helping a player reach their goals then they should move on. time is short, don’t waste it[/QUOTE]

100% Agree ... If things are not good just move on. June rolls around go try out at different clubs You're kids a free agent have fun with it , you owe the old club nothing .

Comment

[]the club is not helping a player reach their goals then they should move on. time is short, don’t waste it

100% Agree ... If things are not good just move on. June rolls around go try out at different clubs You're kids a free agent have fun with it , you owe the old club nothing .[/QUOTE]

Soccer clubs are like a lot of things in life (churches, schools, volunteer organizations, etc.). You get out what you put in.

Some families invest a lot in the club and in return the club invests a lot in them.

Some other families invest a minimum in the club and get the minimum in return.

When our oldest daughter made a list of everyone she wanted to thank at her college signing day party it was incredible how many people at the club had invested in her.

Comment

I think it is a very good question and it is funny how we as a family and parents have changed over time. We have two boys play for the same club since they were very little and we drank the kool-aid as it is referred to. Then when both our boys got to be older and both were starting to get interests from some colleges and we were trying to arrange with scouts to speak with our club director and coaches, they said that was not their jobs or focus,"TEAM IS THE FOCUS" was what we were told and not individuals. Well this changed everything for us and while it did not deter our sons from getting scholarships( We actually had another club coach and director who helped guide us through the process after hearing us complain to fellow parents at a game) and going off to play in collage it did open our eyes on how the clubs really felt about us and our sons. We were just another check(in our case, two checks) coming into the club.
                    So from our personal experience we believe club loyalty should not just be given so easy and the club should always strive and work to keep families at their clubs.

Comment

What does your club do that endears you to them so much? I have actually been a part of 5 clubs. I enjoyed leaving each one when that time came including recently as my kid will be a college soccer player this upcoming season, if they have one. But can you give me at least 3 reasons you are loyal to your club. They must be doing something more than what you registrations fees are for. Is it like buying a pizza, you get a large pizza but you are loyal and keep going back because it taste good, is that it?

Comment

What does your club do that endears you to them so much? I have actually been a part of 5 clubs. I enjoyed leaving each one when that time came including recently as my kid will be a college soccer player this upcoming season, if they have one. But can you give me at least 3 reasons you are loyal to your club. They must be doing something more than what you registrations fees are for. Is it like buying a pizza, you get a large pizza but you are loyal and keep going back because it taste good, is that it?
                        I'm reading between the lines that you were probably that "unhappy parent" at all 5 clubs who always thought you should be getting some special treatment.

"....can you give me at least 3 reasons you are loyal to your club." Loyalty is a very personal thing. My reasons would not be your reasons, club hopper.

Comment

I'll give you one huge reason: our club has a slogan. That's right. "One Club, One Family" That's why we're so loyal.

Comment

I'll give you one huge reason: our club has a slogan. That's right. "One Club, One Family" That's why we're so loyal.
                            What does a that mean, one club one family? It sounds like a best practice. Please share a couple nice things that is special about “ONE CLUB One family” I’m not looking for the secret recipe but It sounds good and maybe I can bring my kid and join if its open to outside people.

Comment

100% Agree ... If things are not good just move on. June rolls around go try out at different clubs You're kids a free agent have fun with it , you owe the old club nothing .[/QUOTE]

Soccer clubs are like a lot of things in life (churches, schools, volunteer organizations, etc.). You get out what you put in.

Not what I've seen.. In today's clubs its all about the dollar , it's everyman for them self.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X