Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so Inter said NO, what now?

Consider yourself lucky and do not go running to Weston.
    MLS/DA is a dead end. Look at all the super stars going to no name colleges.

Run!

The only thing good about inter is that its free. If it wasnt, it would be an after thought.

think about the coaches, nepotism, friends buying in, racism and other things alike.

spots are for sale. coaches are old and worn out. its a shame beckhams name couldnt of brought us a real team.

oh yeah, my son plays and starts on the 05. im not disgruntled. i just dont believe the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The only thing good about inter is that its free. If it wasnt, it would be an after thought.

think about the coaches, nepotism, friends buying in, racism and other things alike.

spots are for sale. coaches are old and worn out. its a shame beckhams name couldnt of brought us a real team.

oh yeah, my son plays and starts on the 05. im not disgruntled. i just dont believe the hype.
      inter can offer national level recognition like no other program in FL. so, if your goal is for your kid to be viewed as a national level prospect, it's the best option in FL. this has to be balanced against some of the negatives stated above that result in dramatically reduced playing time even relative to other comparable programs, plus for some travel time to practice and impact on school performance.

Comment

Your son does not play with IM, the lies never stop on here.
        If he did you would know and see the benefits, plus there is one way to know for sure. Say it?

Comment

Paulqueria

They didn’t care about talent just $

Comment

Wrong

Comment

Consider yourself lucky and do not go running to Weston.
              MLS/DA is a dead end. Look at all the super stars going to no name colleges.

Run!
              Ok, so where should we go then?

Comment

Go to the Atlanta mls web site have a look! Go to fc Dallas have a look. These guys are serious about there academies and what there producing. You can’t get there w out fantastic coaches and a good mental positive environment. At this point we are just hype and marketing. If they don’t get there crap together it will continue to be a joke!

Comment

inter can offer national level recognition like no other program in FL. so, if your goal is for your kid to be viewed as a national level prospect, it's the best option in FL. this has to be balanced against some of the negatives stated above that result in dramatically reduced playing time even relative to other comparable programs, plus for some travel time to practice and impact on school performance.
                  Can’t play soccer though. Hardly anything beautiful about it.

Comment

Can’t play soccer though. Hardly anything beautiful about it.
                    no arguments there. but national scouts don't see anything other than MLS. federation has no money to scout. they only go to GA cup and that's it. Not that it should matter, but for some parents, it does.

Comment

no arguments there. but national scouts don't see anything other than MLS. federation has no money to scout. they only go to GA cup and that's it. Not that it should matter, but for some parents, it does.
                      Good point

Comment

Go to the Atlanta mls web site have a look! Go to fc Dallas have a look. These guys are serious about there academies and what there producing. You can’t get there w out fantastic coaches and a good mental positive environment. At this point we are just hype and marketing. If they don’t get there crap together it will continue to be a joke!
                        Ok, so let's say that the boy gets selected by an mls team, shines in the lower divisions and finally gets an mls contract. How much do you think he will make per year and how many years will he be able to play?

this is not europe and even there, there are no more ronaldos or messis...

I would say stay in school, but many idiots have already made the decision to home school or just never made education a priority so the kid will not attend a good college.

so, at this point, I would say learn a trade (plumbing, electrician etc)

Comment

I would suggest find a good local team (maybe ecnl) do highschool soccer and go back to having fun with the game and return to family life.

everyday practices with long commutes will prove to be a bad sacrifice in the grand scheme of things...

Comment

I would suggest find a good local team (maybe ecnl) do highschool soccer and go back to having fun with the game and return to family life.

everyday practices with long commutes will prove to be a bad sacrifice in the grand scheme of things...
                            100% agree and well stated

Comment

Be realistic. Does your kid have what it takes to have a chance at going pro? If your answer is no then go play ECNL. If he's a DA caliber player then he will be a really good ECNL player. He will be able to have fun playing for his high school and still have a chance at playing college soccer if that's something he wants to pursue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X