Florida Premier Boys 06 ECNL Team

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are way fewer daddy coaches than their used to be (for better and for worse). The notion of the daddy coach is a mixed bag in my experience. If they really know how to coach, then what you get is a more dedicated coach than any "professional" paid coach. Yes, you have to deal with the fact that they will likely make their kid captain and he/she will get more playing time than is earned, but that's 1 field spot out of 11. If you have the daddy coach who sucks, well then that will suck because he is a bad coach.

JT at TBU is a great example of a very strong daddy coach.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with most of what you are saying, but they have been losing some trust the last few years as they try to build the empire. At least with their long-time parents... less about not making top teams and getting fancy letters for your league and more on politics and daddy coaches.

I

Comment

There are way fewer daddy coaches than their used to be (for better and for worse). The notion of the daddy coach is a mixed bag in my experience. If they really know how to coach, then what you get is a more dedicated coach than any "professional" paid coach. Yes, you have to deal with the fact that they will likely make their kid captain and he/she will get more playing time than is earned, but that's 1 field spot out of 11. If you have the daddy coach who sucks, well then that will suck because he is a bad coach.

JT at TBU is a great example of a very strong daddy coach.
      Agree, there are some good ones for sure, but last few years at premiere have had a run of really sh1tty ones.

Comment

So is the team locked up yet or are they waiting for the final tryout to complete the team. Im sure those small clubs have plenty of good players to pull from. Your 2nd and 3rd teams will be just as strong as your first team....But wasnt one of your selling tactics about not placing a financial burden last month for your parents. Dont take their money FL Prem and let them tryout at other clubs and see if they will stay. If you are so confident about your value proposition then they wont leave.

Comment

Good luck at your last tryouts today. I'm sure your kids future at the club is riding on todays stellar performance. Remember you have 48hrs to pay Elon or no soccer for you.

Comment

Sadly. Very true

You could apply that to most teams/ages in Florida.
            Most are like this... Sadly. Really zero Tampa Bay community that puts kids development first. Cash is king

Comment

Clearly you have been upset by your son's lack of performance on the field which has apparently caused him to not be one of the few who were told that they would have a spot on the ECNL team irregardless of tryouts.

As for Pedro, I do not think there is a "Pedro" coaching at the club at the moment. Or was this just a racist way of referring to one of the bilingual latin americans coaching at the club?

I always laugh at parents referring to "political" picks on a team. You know if your kid didn't get a "political" pick, it is because you are likely a pain in the as* and your kid isn't good enough to overcome that. Every team need starters and role players. I for one am happy when a kid gets a shot at being a role player when they have an awesome, supportive family on the sideline. There are very few kids good enough to have to deal with crazy parents.
              http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?p=2752190

Sign the petition

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X