Distribution of top clubs (ECNL v. GAL)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And are you aware of the history of how and clubs like Stars & PDA have two teams? NEFC was in the ECNL. They chose to leave. That’s on them.

Comment

The league does not define the skill level of a player. Stars parents on TS want us all to think because they feel ECNL is the more competitive league, their opinion, that somehow that equates to their daughters being better than all players at other non ECNL based clubs. Take all players in the area competing to play ECNL, and you may have 2-3 Stars players that remain at each age group.

US Soccer saw what the ECNL board was doing to other qualified clubs for so many years. They expressed their concern about greed. DA had good intentions but US Soccer came in with an imposing model that only added to the issues. Their model was flawed and it lacked flexibility. While they were most interested in the top 1% of players, the model handcuffed the other 99%.

For all the ECNL parent chest thumpers on TS putting down other leagues, it is a disgrace that you try to demean other clubs/leagues. To ensure the wrong people do not control the entire soccer system, other leagues are critical. Implement a state competition open to all clubs/teams in New England to at least earn bragging rights, but it might not work out as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        And are you aware of the history of how and clubs like Stars & PDA have two teams? NEFC was in the ECNL. They chose to leave. That’s on them.
        Yes, I am aware. I'm aware that their leaders are members of the board, and they are in a great position to double their income on ECNL rosters. That's the only relevant subject. It makes no sense to anyone not wearing an ECNL bad to position that it's in the league's best interest to put a team made up of inferior players to their top team and consider them on equal footing vs. another club, to expand their footprint...even if slightly.

So, they chose to leave. Who cares? Let's just be honest about it, be up front about it. There's no shame in this country in making money (yeah, that's changing but a different discussion I won't wade into).

You sound like Bezos telling us that Amazon is providing a service to make it easier for people to shop, and that capturing 75% of the market is irrelevant.

Comment

Like a previous poster said..... If NEFC and SSS were in ECNL and had the power position do you see them letting in Stars and Scorpions? I sure dont!!!!!!

Comment

Like a previous poster said..... If NEFC and SSS were in ECNL and had the power position do you see them letting in Stars and Scorpions? I sure dont!!!!!!
            The same commentary would apply, but it's not the same though, is it?

Now, if Stars had one team and they positioned it as there isn't the need for another, then that's one thing. But, as soon as they brought in the B teamers ECNL lost all ability to say it's anything but the $$$. They showed a need for a 3rd team in the Region, but since they pulled the strings they ensured they doubled up their income. Not sure why that's a difficult concept.

Comment

Now, if Stars had one team and they positioned it as there isn't the need for another, then that's one thing. But, as soon as they brought in the B teamers ECNL lost all ability to say it's anything but the $$$. They showed a need for a 3rd team in the Region, but since they pulled the strings they ensured they doubled up their income. Not sure why that's a difficult concept.
              Let's use some logic here for a second. If you say that NEFC got a team, which is what every seemingly complains about, and Stars kept just one team (plus Scorpions), then that would give us 54 roster spots of ECNL players per age group. So you agree that there are 54 "worthy" ECNL players in the MA/NH/RI/ME/VT/Eastern CT area.

But because 36 of those same 54 have Stars on the crest, instead of 18 Stars and 18 NEFC (or SSS for that matter), it somehow weakens or makes the league watered down. If the same 18 players migrate to ECNL, WHICH THEY HAVE, over the past 3 seasons, then you have the identical situation...3 New England rosters to join. The only issue is that those players are wearing Stars jerseys, not NEFC.

Logic.

Comment

Let's use some logic here for a second. If you say that NEFC got a team, which is what every seemingly complains about, and Stars kept just one team (plus Scorpions), then that would give us 54 roster spots of ECNL players per age group. So you agree that there are 54 "worthy" ECNL players in the MA/NH/RI/ME/VT/Eastern CT area.

But because 36 of those same 54 have Stars on the crest, instead of 18 Stars and 18 NEFC (or SSS for that matter), it somehow weakens or makes the league watered down. If the same 18 players migrate to ECNL, WHICH THEY HAVE, over the past 3 seasons, then you have the identical situation...3 New England rosters to join. The only issue is that those players are wearing Stars jerseys, not NEFC.

Logic.
                I never said watered down. I said that ECNL is letting Stars run the league for their own financial benefit. It, conceivably, limits the geographic area of which to draw from, thereby eliminating some players from player. I say "conceivably" because while I do know there are ECNL-quality players who cannot make it to Stars, who may be able to make it to NEFC. But, that's a secondary point and not worth anyone looking at each players' addresses...

Logic.

Comment

Very few kids who are not in driving distance of Taunton or Lancaster if you want to play ECNL.

Comment

If your kid doesn’t get a D1 scholarship or a D3 starting spot if that’s the intent.Then it didn’t mean dodoo what league he/she was in,That takes talent and that can be found in all leagues.

Comment

I never said watered down. I said that ECNL is letting Stars run the league for their own financial benefit. It, conceivably, limits the geographic area of which to draw from, thereby eliminating some players from player. I say "conceivably" because while I do know there are ECNL-quality players who cannot make it to Stars, who may be able to make it to NEFC. But, that's a secondary point and not worth anyone looking at each players' addresses...

Logic.
                      It's absolutely not crazy for a national league like ECNL to decide they don't need another club in eastern Mass. They've got reasonable coverage here between Stars & Scorpions. Might they be missing a few players just because of geography? Sure. But not enough to worry about. I'm sure when they look at it, adding another club in this area is not a high priority.

Comment

Logic.
                        Nefc will never get into ECNL.. that said. You are missing lots of top level talent. Not all good players are drawn to the league, many like the coaching, teammates, location, etc.. If ECNL were truly about creating the best league they would get the top clubs and thereby getting the best players. If I were Stars I wouldn’t let anyone else in either because its about money, and that’s ok. It’s not as simple as just replacing the Stars B team with the top team from another club, the NEFC/SSS top teams would undoubtedly improve the overall strength of league, but weaken the lining in the pocket. For profit rules.. and that’s ok.

Comment

They would have never gotten a second team if DA did a decent job. It was a joke. Second team only came to be because they chose to drop DA when it did not live up to expectations.

Comment

They would have never gotten a second team if DA did a decent job. It was a joke. Second team only came to be because they chose to drop DA when it did not live up to expectations.
                            Wondering where DA didn’t live up to expectations? I’m not arguing your point, just not familiar with what was promised vs. delivered. Stars and PDA left pretty quick so they must’ve seen something

Comment

It's absolutely not crazy for a national league like ECNL to decide they don't need another club in eastern Mass. They've got reasonable coverage here between Stars & Scorpions. Might they be missing a few players just because of geography? Sure. But not enough to worry about. I'm sure when they look at it, adding another club in this area is not a high priority.
                              Still missing the point. There is obviously a "need" for 3 clubs, since Stars has two....

Comment

So, again, you prove there is a need for a third team. Putting two in one Club shows the greed of the club, and pull they have over the league. Hence, why NEFC will never get in. Money and politics.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X