X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who died and made you boss?

If a parent wants to come on here and try to hype their pre-teen that is license for people to bash if they want. Most parents have a distorted idea of how good their kid is and they might need a good verbal beat down. It’s only ok if it’s the parent that starts it.
    The sad thing is her dad absolutely LOVES coming on here and seeing her discussed. He, more than any of us, understands there's no such thing as bad publicity. What would really upset him is if no one was talking about her. You schmucks are playing right into his hands.

Comment

Being a paid singer doesn't disqualify you from college scholarships
      This is a good point... but it's a point about the utter stupidity of athletic "amateurism", rather than an argument that teenagers skilled at sports shouldn't go pro.

I worked as an intern back in college in my chosen field, like many students do. I got paid for it.

Imagine, if you will, a world where instead of colleges encouraging their students to supplement their academic careers with internships and other practical work experience, taking an internship would result in a student being expelled from their degree programs because "they have forfeited their amateur status".

The expectation that student-athletes may never receive a dime of compensation for their skills and abilities (other than financial aid from the institution they play for and study at) is a racket. Especially given how much athletes and their families often spend to become eligible for a scholarship in the first place.

Whether OM or not is deserving or not of the Nike gig, I've no idea, and frankly don't care. It's not my money, and Nike is probably a better judge of athletic ability (and marketability) than any of us here.

But given that no other girl has gotten this deal, I can imagine there are more than a few butthurt parents out there (both in OR and CA), as well as a few coaches who relish the opportunity to badmouth players at other clubs.

OM will be fine. She's already made more money off of her soccer skills than most girls or women ever will. And even if you think that she's undeserving, that she's only an overhyped Twitter star whose skills are a dime a dozen in the Socal girls' soccer scene... when you have a shoe company of your own, you can reward the girls who you think are worthy.

Comment

It's also ridiculous that amateur status doesn't apply to foreign players who can play professionally overseas while retaining all of their scholarship eligibility here in the US. They give it a shot at the pro level and when it doesn't work they can count on being heavily recruited with scholarship offers by the top universities in the US.

Comment

The sad thing is her dad absolutely LOVES coming on here and seeing her discussed. He, more than any of us, understands there's no such thing as bad publicity. What would really upset him is if no one was talking about her. You schmucks are playing right into his hands.
          Publicity? There’s three dads and two moms on this chat board. Who’s the schmuck?

Comment

Hi dad!

Comment

Who died and made you boss?

If a parent wants to come on here and try to hype their pre-teen that is license for people to bash if they want. Most parents have a distorted idea of how good their kid is and they might need a good verbal beat down. It’s only ok if it’s the parent that starts it.
              My 10 year old daughter has been working out extremely hard for the past 7 years and she is quite frankly amazing. She is likely to get her first nat team call up this year and will be the best U18 kid in the state. I try to not come on here and brag too much. But that will change soon.

She was scoring 5+ goals per game before this whole CV-19 shut down. Facebook posts of her scoring goals always get more than 20 likes.

Comment

My 10 year old daughter has been working out extremely hard for the past 7 years and she is quite frankly amazing. She is likely to get her first nat team call up this year and will be the best U18 kid in the state. I try to not come on here and brag too much. But that will change soon.

She was scoring 5+ goals per game before this whole CV-19 shut down. Facebook posts of her scoring goals always get more than 20 likes.
                Five goals per game? She’s only 10? That’s amazing! I can’t wait to see her future. So exciting!

Comment

Yes! Can you keep us posted so that we can all come out and watch when she does play? I will pop up a big bag of popcorn and bring a cooler of sodas. We'll make a day of it and head over to the pizza parlor afterwards for some brewskis and break down game film.

The class of 2028 could be the best ever from this great state.

Comment

Five goals per game? She’s only 10? That’s amazing! I can’t wait to see her future. So exciting!
                    Make sure she passes on the free ride to a great school so she can be in a Nike commercial and "sign" with a pro team :) . For sh*ts and giggles, make sure to uproot the family for her career too.

Comment

Bagging 5 goals a game is epic. Only 10 years old? Wow, that probably means she will score two or more per game in the World Cup and Olympics.

Comment

10years old? Fantastic stuff man. 5 goals per game is highly skilled stuff. Just knowing that alone I agree she is the best under 18 girl in the state. keep up the great work.

Comment

10years old? Fantastic stuff man. 5 goals per game is highly skilled stuff. Just knowing that alone I agree she is the best under 18 girl in the state. keep up the great work.
                          We are now sinking to discussing a 10 year old that scores 5 goals a game in pre-competitive soccer? I know everyone is stuck at home, but that is getting pretty low.

Comment

We are now sinking to discussing a 10 year old that scores 5 goals a game in pre-competitive soccer? I know everyone is stuck at home, but that is getting pretty low.
                            If you follow the thread, I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.

Comment

That is serious dedication by the parent to get a three year old to start training serious. You are my hero. We need to get more toddlers putting in the 5 hour training sessions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X