Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Cup for real

Is the Jeff Cup seriously rescheduling in July?? Why in their right mind is going o pay for flights AGAIN! And do people really want to be at a soccer tournament this summer? Everyone should boycott Jeff Cup in the future for not giving refunds.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is the Jeff Cup seriously rescheduling in July?? Why in their right mind is going o pay for flights AGAIN! And do people really want to be at a soccer tournament this summer? Everyone should boycott Jeff Cup in the future for not giving refunds.
    Agree but I don’t think it will happen. I think July will still be too early for soccer.

Comment

Why start another Jeff cup thread?

Comment

Why start another Jeff cup thread?
        Why ask why try Bud Dry!!

Comment

Why ask why try Bud Dry!!
          Be kind. Please rewind.

Comment

Jeff cup cancelled

Comment

Delco now saying they are moving their tournament to a later date too. These tournaments are refusing to refund money

Comment

Delco now saying they are moving their tournament to a later date too. These tournaments are refusing to refund money
                It’s all about the Benjamin’s!

Comment

Jeff cup cancelled
                  Do we get our money back?

Comment

It's a business. No different than any other. Your choice to attend (if it does happen) or not.
                    I've had Tournaments in Maryland and Virginia get cancelled due to weather in the past. No refunds, but credit to next year's event. Take out the insurance next time. That's how it's always been and not gonna change. That's what you signed up for. The issue is they don't care. There will always be another club/team willing to take your place.

Same with clubs, someone will take your spot. It's business. Not enough people are willing to walk and go somewhere else to force a change in the current system.

Comment

It's a business. No different than any other. Your choice to attend (if it does happen) or not.
                      I've had Tournaments in Maryland and Virginia get cancelled due to weather in the past. No refunds, but credit to next year's event. Take out the insurance next time. That's how it's always been and not gonna change. That's what you signed up for. The issue is they don't care. There will always be another club/team willing to take your place.

Same with clubs, someone will take your spot. It's business. Not enough people are willing to walk and go somewhere else to force a change in the current system.
                      ——
                      Exactly, how many times has Manhattan canceled wit no refund. Hell, maybe 5 years ago most were in town when they cancelled. Just the way it rolls.

Comment

——
                        Exactly, how many times has Manhattan canceled wit no refund. Hell, maybe 5 years ago most were in town when they cancelled. Just the way it rolls.
                        We've all had tournaments canceled but they have done a future credit etc. Completely different in the environment we are in today. There's not 1 game played and nothing to be given back. This will be interesting as the year progresses.

Comment

Jeff cup cancelled
                          Prove it.

Comment

It is definitely a business and should be treated as such by all parties. If we agree to terms and payment is exchanged, neither party has the right to change the agreed-upon terms. If I agree to pay $1,000 to enter a team for a tournament on Memorial Day Weekend, I can not give the tournament only $500 and they can not switch their tournament to July without breaking the terms of the contract. I seriously doubt that any tournaments had verbiage in their agreements for switching dates (other than a possible rain date which would detail the actual date). I hope participants challenge these idiots in court and send the message. Secondly, I hope any tournaments that have not refunded any unused amounts (no field rentals, no refs, no vendors .....) are sent a strong message next year with severely reduced attendance only by severely inferior teams who have always longed to play in said tournament (but were never able to get in because they were so bad). If Jeff Cup does this, I hope their attendance goes from 2,800 North American teams to 600 local rec teams.

Comment

It is definitely a business and should be treated as such by all parties. If we agree to terms and payment is exchanged, neither party has the right to change the agreed-upon terms. If I agree to pay $1,000 to enter a team for a tournament on Memorial Day Weekend, I can not give the tournament only $500 and they can not switch their tournament to July without breaking the terms of the contract. I seriously doubt that any tournaments had verbiage in their agreements for switching dates (other than a possible rain date which would detail the actual date). I hope participants challenge these idiots in court and send the message. Secondly, I hope any tournaments that have not refunded any unused amounts (no field rentals, no refs, no vendors .....) are sent a strong message next year with severely reduced attendance only by severely inferior teams who have always longed to play in said tournament (but were never able to get in because they were so bad). If Jeff Cup does this, I hope their attendance goes from 2,800 North American teams to 600 local rec teams.
                              Another thread just said Needham is cancelled and is returning fees. Any event that wants to have customers return in the future needs to make that move. Most big events have cancellation insurance, but who knows what a pandemic would fall under, if at all. Jeff Cup is still hoping to run in the summer but they may have too many clubs pull out to make it work. There may also still be state restrictions in place then as well

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X