Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If they shut down in the winter, I’d agree with you. But indoor fields are $300 an hour. That adds up quickly and that’s where the cost goes. I bet 85-90% of the costs are incurred by the time you’ve played 50-60% of the season.
    only indoor fee of $300/hour would be a full size outdoor field, indoors

Comment

only indoor fee of $300/hour would be a full size outdoor field, indoors
      Has your brain turned to mush from the lockdown? Call Chelsea Piers once they are open. They charge $1200 an hour for their full field indoors. InSports in Trumbull is about the same. One of the Chelsea Piers small fields (50 x 25 yards) is $300 an hour.

Comment

Has your brain turned to mush from the lockdown? Call Chelsea Piers once they are open. They charge $1200 an hour for their full field indoors. InSports in Trumbull is about the same. One of the Chelsea Piers small fields (50 x 25 yards) is $300 an hour.
        fukstik, we pay half that in central and northern CT. you pay a premium for your location

Comment

fukstik, we pay half that in central and northern CT. you pay a premium for your location
          yes there are premiums by location but it's still a big piece of the winter costs for clubs regardless of location. Since most shut down mid March they would have already used the majority of their indoor time so the money isn't refundable. Clubs that rent outdoor fields for the spring may have gotten some money back (or never paid); no ref fees; no coach travel. Some tournaments are refunding, some are not. Clubs that own their own fields still have maintanence costs. Most clubs are doing some form of online training which makes it harder to claim they're not providing a service.

Comment

If they shut down in the winter, I’d agree with you. But indoor fields are $300 an hour. That adds up quickly and that’s where the cost goes. I bet 85-90% of the costs are incurred by the time you’ve played 50-60% of the season.
            Any player who is in High School played nothing. Explain how this is fair.

Comment

Any player who is in High School played nothing. Explain how this is fair.
              Most HS aged teams started in November as soon as HS was done. Many had games and even tournaments, certainly many practices up until Mid March when things shut down. If your kids' HS aged team wasn't doing anything all winter you're with the wrong club to begin with

Comment

I call BS to that unless you’re training in a HS gym. Lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X