Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The league is registered to the owner of PSPL. Why someone is lying in here saying “it’s local” is beyond me. That’s neat-o that FC Huracan has one 07 team and their buddies at SCA have like four teams. OPFC has two 03 age teams (the 04s just imploded). So that “club” has aged out. La Amistad will cut and run if their teams don’t play for free. Have fun. There will be one mixed gender bracket in this league ages 07-03. Yay. But they will make it “fun” with juggling contests before the games, and have their own state cup where everyone that participated gets a trophy and a chance to travel to the C league “regionals”.
    Calm down. Why are your panties all bunched? I just meant that the teams are local so not much travel.

Comment

Calm down. Why are your panties all bunched? I just meant that the teams are local so not much travel.
      Lol. You will be playing the same four teams varying in age and gender for a year. But hey.. when your 06 boys play some 09 girls they can show off their slow speed maradonna skills and feel like champions! After that you can drive to Spokane to play some 06 boys teams that are as good as Division 2 OYSA. Enjoy!

Comment

http://www.oplsoccer.com/about/club-directory

Here is the link. The website is not the best. It’s based here in Portland. The teams are a big mix. My son plays 2007 on IFC Huracan. One of the top teams on oysa last year. Cosmos was also in the premier division, but had an off year. La Amistad is well known and usually puts out a good team, although, probably should check birth certificates. We had lots of friendlies with SCA and they have become a very good team. I can’t say much about the rest of the teams. It should be a lot of fun and I suspect most of the games will be competetive.
        In the end having a few Oregon hispanic teams play just themselves during their final middle school years of 'club' soccer before they vanish from the club & eventually hs scene is not a bad thing. Early graduation league. All for it, bout time.

Comment

The league is registered to the owner of PSPL. Why someone is lying in here saying “it’s local” is beyond me. That’s neat-o that FC Huracan has one 07 team and their buddies at SCA have like four teams. OPFC has two 03 age teams (the 04s just imploded). So that “club” has aged out. La Amistad will cut and run if their teams don’t play for free. Have fun. There will be one mixed gender bracket in this league ages 07-03. Yay. But they will make it “fun” with juggling contests before the games, and have their own state cup where everyone that participated gets a trophy and a chance to travel to the C league “regionals”.
          How does somebody own a league? Isn’t it nonprofit?

Comment

How does somebody own a league? Isn’t it nonprofit?
            Peregrine owns the leagues most of Oregon play in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X