Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    i know right. its like "oh we want to make equal salary as the men" Well, then try selling equal merhcandise and tickets as the men, then you can talk. Right now the mens team is making a twenty dollar bill for every one dollar the womens team makes and yet they want the same pay. They are still yet to fill an actual stadium other than the world cup
    This is actually inaccurate on several key points:

The women sell more tickets then the men every year. They play more domestic games, so their per game attendance is less, but total attendance is more.

The women most likely move more product then the men. It's been a point of speculation and contention for years...USSF refuses to break out product sales by gender, but it doesn't take a genius to be able to see all the little Mia's out there wearing jerseys. The men's side? Not so much.

The reason the men generate SO much more money then the women is they are LUCKY to piggy back on international interest and money. The money generated by CONCACAF and FIFA events dwarfs anything on the women's side. the reality is that the men are just fortunate that soccer is so popular world wide.

Quite honestly...if the men didn't suck so bad the last world cup qualifying then the DA / GDA would probably still be around. The men blowing those tens or millions of dollars for USSF had huge ripples.

Comment

Anyone know when FCL games will start up? Looking at a few games on the senior boys/girls side to watch...
      FCL games started last weekend. See the link below:

https://floridaclubleague.com/league...irls-schedule/

Comment

Anyone know when FCL games will start up? Looking at a few games on the senior boys/girls side to watch...
        Should be a fiery game tomorrow night. I think Milners boys are traveling away for a weekday game against Largo. Id fancy that game over my casual evening sofa spree, so ill probably be there

Comment

Should be a fiery game tomorrow night. I think Milners boys are traveling away for a weekday game against Largo. Id fancy that game over my casual evening sofa spree, so ill probably be there
          oh really. i might have to check that one out, but i thought they had already played at seminole earlier this month. should be a decent game but i likely wont go, ill save my energy for the weekend

Comment

oh really. i might have to check that one out, but i thought they had already played at seminole earlier this month. should be a decent game but i likely wont go, ill save my energy for the weekend
            It will be a great game for sure. one or two players from each team to watch. Ill be there to take a look at some players for this years high school teams. Largo's got a few decent midfielders, same with Celtic. Both teams have pace, but Celtic probably has the advantage going forward with that little forward they have from Largo high

Comment

It will be a great game for sure. one or two players from each team to watch. Ill be there to take a look at some players for this years high school teams. Largo's got a few decent midfielders, same with Celtic. Both teams have pace, but Celtic probably has the advantage going forward with that little forward they have from Largo high
              This of course being from what I have seen as a spectator. I watch these teams to look at what kind of player pool I am getting for the coming high school soccer season

Comment

FCL games started last weekend. See the link below:

https://floridaclubleague.com/league...irls-schedule/
                Great league B and C teams from other clubs against Celtic A teams.
                Of course this will be played up what a great league it is.

Comment

im pretty sure its the two cf's from largo and one from ne hs

Comment

im pretty sure its the two cf's from largo and one from ne hs
                    Don’t all the Seminole HS coaches work and run Celtic .

Comment

Don’t all the Seminole HS coaches work and run Celtic .
                      No. Nice try troll.

Comment

No. Nice try troll.
                        I think you will find they all do
                        George finds work for his boys .....

Comment

I think you will find they all do
                          George finds work for his boys .....
                          Somewhat correct. Look a the senior boys team, its almost 80 percent seminole boys, and a few largo/osceola to mix in. Its more of a culture to play for seminole high and celtic.

Comment

Plus the pressure that the HS coaches exact on their better players to join Celtic .

Comment

Plus the pressure that the HS coaches exact on their better players to join Celtic .
                              Ha! Because HS soccer influence actually has any affect on where a kid decides to play club.

Comment

Ha! Because HS soccer influence actually has any affect on where a kid decides to play club.
                                Only only the Celtic thread would H.S. soccer be discussed so much. Says a lot about the level of play that Celtic teams are used to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X